Westies

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Westies

Post by Getinthere »

The 2 send offs were warranted IMO. Both were for second bookable offences and poor discipline.

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

Getinthere wrote:The 2 send offs were warranted IMO. Both were for second bookable offences and poor discipline.
so clearly you have no idea what you're talking about the then ? because the second red card should never haven been .. referee admitted in booking the wrong player .. which resulted in a player being wrongly sent off

y = ½x² + ¼x + 4
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by y = ½x² + ¼x + 4 »

But it was still a bookable offence?
Hyperbole is my middle name

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

y = ½x² + ¼x + 4 wrote:But it was still a bookable offence?
he booked the wrong player , so no

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

pannafc wrote:

At the time he didn't think that so the right player was booked
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

halfcutfan wrote:
pannafc wrote:

At the time he didn't think that so the right player was booked
incorrect .. how could the right player have been given a second yellow card , which resulted in a sending off , if he didnt commit an offence in the first place , that justified by the ref admitting later on that he booked the wrong player .. that alone should show you the standard of the refereeing that day ..

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

At the time he didn't think that so the right player was booked[/quote]

incorrect .. how could the right player have been given a second yellow card , which resulted in a sending off , if he didnt commit an offence in the first place , that justified by the ref admitting later on that he booked the wrong player .. that alone should show you the standard of the refereeing that day ..[/quote]

what I'm saying is mistake or not when he booked the player he thought that he was the right player
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

halfcutfan wrote:At the time he didn't think that so the right player was booked
incorrect .. how could the right player have been given a second yellow card , which resulted in a sending off , if he didnt commit an offence in the first place , that justified by the ref admitting later on that he booked the wrong player .. that alone should show you the standard of the refereeing that day ..[/quote]

what I'm saying is mistake or not when he booked the player he thought that he was the right player[/quote]

i find it comical that you can justify a player being booked and sent off for an offence he didn't commit , on the basis that the referee thought at the time that he was the right player to penalise ..

refs aren't perfect .. mistakes can be made yes .. but the line has to be drawn somewhere , to make a mistake of booking the wrong player entirely .. is far from acceptable , referees are not volunteers , they are paid money to do a job ..

sending the wrong player off for an offence never committed .. shows the lack of attention being payed at the time , the incident occurred literally about 10 meters directly infront of him aswell , so unless he's visually impaired , i can't think of any reason as to how he could of possibly mistaken the wrong player .. but hey , i've only played the game for the last 22 years of my life .. what would i know :roll:

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

what I'm saying is mistake or not when he booked the player he thought that he was the right player[/quote]

i find it comical that you can justify a player being booked and sent off for an offence he didn't commit , on the basis that the referee thought at the time that he was the right player to penalise ..

refs aren't perfect .. mistakes can be made yes .. but the line has to be drawn somewhere , to make a mistake of booking the wrong player entirely .. is far from acceptable , referees are not volunteers , they are paid money to do a job ..

sending the wrong player off for an offence never committed .. shows the lack of attention being payed at the time , the incident occurred literally about 10 meters directly infront of him aswell , so unless he's visually impaired , i can't think of any reason as to how he could of possibly mistaken the wrong player .. but hey , i've only played the game for the last 22 years of my life .. what would i know :roll:[/quote]

It's not comical but simple logic.. and as your first point adds weight to my argument buy stating yes refs aren't perfect and can make mistakes hence booking the wrong player!
I'm sure you've never made a mistake in your work place either have you?? I'm guessing you're the perfect employee, and, as a result never made a mistake??
-- Bill Shankly --

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

halfcutfan wrote:what I'm saying is mistake or not when he booked the player he thought that he was the right player

sending the wrong player off for an offence never committed .. shows the lack of attention being payed at the time , the incident occurred literally about 10 meters directly infront of him aswell , so unless he's visually impaired , i can't think of any reason as to how he could of possibly mistaken the wrong player .. but hey , i've only played the game for the last 22 years of my life .. what would i know :roll:[/quote]

It's not comical but simple logic.. and as your first point adds weight to my argument buy stating yes refs aren't perfect and can make mistakes hence booking the wrong player!
I'm sure you've never made a mistake in your work place either have you?? I'm guessing you're the perfect employee, and, as a result never made a mistake??[/quote]

yes i've made mistakes in my job , but in comparison to the mistake the ref made , i'd lose my job ..

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

pannafc wrote: yes i've made mistakes in my job , but in comparison to the mistake the ref made , i'd lose my job ..
Get the union involved, you'll get it back for one small mistake.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

God is an Englishman wrote:
pannafc wrote: yes i've made mistakes in my job , but in comparison to the mistake the ref made , i'd lose my job ..

Hopefully you're not a doctor
-- Bill Shankly --

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

halfcutfan wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

Hopefully you're not a doctor
It was only a small mistake, I've never been good at my right and lefts. Hopefully his testicles will grow back

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

Any team that walks off because they don't like the ref's decisions should be banned from the league. No discussion needed. Clubs must put up with the ref they have or don't play in the SAASL.