Westies

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Monthegers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:38 pm

Westies

Post by Monthegers »

Westies pontian handbags game called off. Cops called by westies
2-1 westies at around 60th

User avatar
Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Mad_Max »

Hot Fuzz - will there be calls to have these foreign types banned from the league?
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Mahorn
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Mahorn »

Note. It was pontian committee to call game off as they were un happy with the ref. Ref didn't call the game, Well until his hand was forced and pontian players walked off. Only got them selves to blame. Nothing westies had done.

User avatar
predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Westies

Post by predator »

Mahorn wrote:Note. It was pontian committee to call game off as they were un happy with the ref.
Worthy of a seasons ban for the club then

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Getinthere »

Reserves game got called off early too

Mahorn
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Mahorn »

Getinthere wrote:Reserves game got called off early too
But westies weren't completely innocent were they.

User avatar
Gristy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Gristy »

Why was police called?

User avatar
predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Westies

Post by predator »

Gristy wrote:Why was police called?
Have you never been to a Pontians game when it's got a bit out of hand :lol: :lol:

User avatar
pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1069
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:35 am

Re: Westies

Post by pannafc »

firstly congratulations to westies on the successful year they've had , league champions for a reason , a shame the way today ended .. but the refereeing , in both games , was horrendous .. the a's game up until 10 minutes into the second half was really good , a hard , tough game of football .. then the ref lost all control of the game , not saying he has it in for pontians .. but in my eyes he done everything he could to get westies the goals they needed , a penalty for a handball ( last i checked when your hands are directly by your side and you don't intentionally handle the ball , it's not a penalty ) then started to hand out red cards as if they where yellows , the first red of which he admitted to giving the 2nd yellow to the wrong player ( should of been a first yellow to another player ) as a player on the park at the time i feel he completely ruined the game , it got to the point where it felt like blatant cheating .. things where getting out of control on and off the pitch and the decision was made to walk off before anything serious eventuated ..as for the police being called .. thought that was bit over the top on westies part , and that was proved by the police leaving after not even being there for 5 minutes ... right or wrong people will have there opinions but enough is enough .. the standard of refereeing has dropped 10 fold in the amateur league and it needs to be rectified quickly because incidents are happening weekly .. dragging a clubs name through the mud though isn't what's needed , two sides to the story and unless you where there to witness what happened then there shouldn't be a need to comment about the issue

Footballwise
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Footballwise »

pannafc wrote:firstly congratulations to westies on the successful year they've had , league champions for a reason , a shame the way today ended .. but the refereeing , in both games , was horrendous .. the a's game up until 10 minutes into the second half was really good , a hard , tough game of football .. then the ref lost all control of the game , not saying he has it in for pontians .. but in my eyes he done everything he could to get westies the goals they needed , a penalty for a handball ( last i checked when your hands are directly by your side and you don't intentionally handle the ball , it's not a penalty ) then started to hand out red cards as if they where yellows , the first red of which he admitted to giving the 2nd yellow to the wrong player ( should of been a first yellow to another player ) as a player on the park at the time i feel he completely ruined the game , it got to the point where it felt like blatant cheating .. things where getting out of control on and off the pitch and the decision was made to walk off before anything serious eventuated ..as for the police being called .. thought that was bit over the top on westies part , and that was proved by the police leaving after not even being there for 5 minutes ... right or wrong people will have there opinions but enough is enough .. the standard of refereeing has dropped 10 fold in the amateur league and it needs to be rectified quickly because incidents are happening weekly .. dragging a clubs name through the mud though isn't what's needed , two sides to the story and unless you where there to witness what happened then there shouldn't be a need to comment about the issue
The standard of referee's hasn't dropped. The numbers have. Due to continuous harrassment from teams. Both physical and verbal. Officials go out week in week out to help run the games. They make a mistake or two and they are threatened or bashed. Get a grip, are we serious??? Why can't we just go out play. Win, lose or draw. Accept a result and move on. Have a beer and socialise. I thought that was what the SAASL was all about?

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:50 pm

Re: Westies

Post by colon clenser »

Who was the referee

Animosity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:25 am

Re: Westies

Post by Animosity »

Footballwise wrote:
pannafc wrote:firstly congratulations to westies on the successful year they've had , league champions for a reason , a shame the way today ended .. but the refereeing , in both games , was horrendous .. the a's game up until 10 minutes into the second half was really good , a hard , tough game of football .. then the ref lost all control of the game , not saying he has it in for pontians .. but in my eyes he done everything he could to get westies the goals they needed , a penalty for a handball ( last i checked when your hands are directly by your side and you don't intentionally handle the ball , it's not a penalty ) then started to hand out red cards as if they where yellows , the first red of which he admitted to giving the 2nd yellow to the wrong player ( should of been a first yellow to another player ) as a player on the park at the time i feel he completely ruined the game , it got to the point where it felt like blatant cheating .. things where getting out of control on and off the pitch and the decision was made to walk off before anything serious eventuated ..as for the police being called .. thought that was bit over the top on westies part , and that was proved by the police leaving after not even being there for 5 minutes ... right or wrong people will have there opinions but enough is enough .. the standard of refereeing has dropped 10 fold in the amateur league and it needs to be rectified quickly because incidents are happening weekly .. dragging a clubs name through the mud though isn't what's needed , two sides to the story and unless you where there to witness what happened then there shouldn't be a need to comment about the issue
The standard of referee's hasn't dropped. The numbers have. Due to continuous harrassment from teams. Both physical and verbal. Officials go out week in week out to help run the games. They make a mistake or two and they are threatened or bashed. Get a grip, are we serious??? Why can't we just go out play. Win, lose or draw. Accept a result and move on. Have a beer and socialise. I thought that was what the SAASL was all about?

User avatar
legga
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1749
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:23 pm

Re: Westies

Post by legga »

Was speaking to a ref yesterday and he said the league has failed to provide funds for training, development, no mentorship program, and have basically been left to fend for themselves....
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Srbin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Srbin »

legga wrote:Was speaking to a ref yesterday and he said the league has failed to provide funds for training, development, no mentorship program, and have basically been left to fend for themselves....
Wouldn't want to part with Brewsters millions

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Westies

Post by Brian the Postman »

legga wrote:Was speaking to a ref yesterday and he said the league has failed to provide funds for training, development, no mentorship program, and have basically been left to fend for themselves....
The mentoring and guidance is obviously lacking for some of these young guys that have just been thrown into the deep end.
It's all in the Delivery!

User avatar
Gristy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Gristy »

legga wrote:Was speaking to a ref yesterday and he said the league has failed to provide funds for training, development, no mentorship program, and have basically been left to fend for themselves....
but if they are their own association, should they charge the league more per year to run, and charge clubs more for the games and reinvest this into themselves?

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:00 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Westies

Post by English »

Gristy wrote:
legga wrote:Was speaking to a ref yesterday and he said the league has failed to provide funds for training, development, no mentorship program, and have basically been left to fend for themselves....
but if they are their own association, should they charge the league more per year to run, and charge clubs more for the games and reinvest this into themselves?
Right now though, rightly or wrongly, the clubs will say why would we pay more for substandard refereeing. The cycle then continues!

User avatar
Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 9865
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Steve#4 »

Footballwise wrote: The standard of referee's hasn't dropped. The numbers have. Due to continuous harrassment from teams. Both physical and verbal. Officials go out week in week out to help run the games. They make a mistake or two and they are threatened or bashed. Get a grip, are we serious??? Why can't we just go out play. Win, lose or draw. Accept a result and move on. Have a beer and socialise. I thought that was what the SAASL was all about?
Maybe when there are no Refs left these clubs will get it, some how I doubt it though.
It happens at every level where the "someone else is to blame" mentality is so strong, wonder how many players in that game shiraz up but weren't accountable?

Don't worry though it starts from the top levels and filters down so lads you aren't on your own so all is ok :roll:

User avatar
Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 4343
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Steve#4 wrote:
Footballwise wrote: The standard of referee's hasn't dropped. The numbers have. Due to continuous harrassment from teams. Both physical and verbal. Officials go out week in week out to help run the games. They make a mistake or two and they are threatened or bashed. Get a grip, are we serious??? Why can't we just go out play. Win, lose or draw. Accept a result and move on. Have a beer and socialise. I thought that was what the SAASL was all about?
Maybe when there are no Refs left these clubs will get it, some how I doubt it though.
It happens at every level where the "someone else is to blame" mentality is so strong, wonder how many players in that game shiraz up but weren't accountable?

Don't worry though it starts from the top levels and filters down so lads you aren't on your own so all is ok :roll:
Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Image
HA'WAY THE LADS

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Jogonalex »

Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....[/quote]


Are you referring that Westies have somehow stuffed up?? just not sure what you're referring to
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:00 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Westies

Post by English »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:
Footballwise wrote: The standard of referee's hasn't dropped. The numbers have. Due to continuous harrassment from teams. Both physical and verbal. Officials go out week in week out to help run the games. They make a mistake or two and they are threatened or bashed. Get a grip, are we serious??? Why can't we just go out play. Win, lose or draw. Accept a result and move on. Have a beer and socialise. I thought that was what the SAASL was all about?
Maybe when there are no Refs left these clubs will get it, some how I doubt it though.
It happens at every level where the "someone else is to blame" mentality is so strong, wonder how many players in that game shiraz up but weren't accountable?

Don't worry though it starts from the top levels and filters down so lads you aren't on your own so all is ok :roll:
Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Could of been three 40 yard screamers, after a lucky deflection off the ref?

getup
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Re: Westies

Post by getup »

Piss poor club management if you ask me. If one of our players threatened a ref he would be internally suspended and potentially banned from the club. We also dont tolerate players who cant control themselves on the pitch. Its amateur league football ffs. Expect substandard refereeing and get on with it.
On the other hand some refs do blatantly cheat and i think there should be more referee assessors out and about.

User avatar
Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 4343
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

English wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote: Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Could of been three 40 yard screamers, after a lucky deflection off the ref?
If that is the case I don't blame whoever abandoned the game, I would have packed my bag and grabbed the coat after the second :lol:
halfcutfan wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Are you referring that Westies have somehow stuffed up?? just not sure what you're referring to
Westies conceded so someone stuffed up.... unless they did it on purpose :shock:
Image
HA'WAY THE LADS

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Jogonalex »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
English wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote: Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Could of been three 40 yard screamers, after a lucky deflection off the ref?
If that is the case I don't blame whoever abandoned the game, I would have packed my bag and grabbed the coat after the second :lol:
halfcutfan wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Are you referring that Westies have somehow stuffed up?? just not sure what you're referring to
Westies conceded so someone stuffed up.... unless they did it on purpose :shock:
100% correct, Westies conceded. Not sure how that relates to Pontians walking off though??
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

User avatar
Gristy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Gristy »

uote="halfcutfan"]
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
English wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote: Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Could of been three 40 yard screamers, after a lucky deflection off the ref?
If that is the case I don't blame whoever abandoned the game, I would have packed my bag and grabbed the coat after the second :lol:
halfcutfan wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Are you referring that Westies have somehow stuffed up?? just not sure what you're referring to
Westies conceded so someone stuffed up.... unless they did it on purpose :shock:
100% correct, Westies conceded. Not sure how that relates to Pontians walking off though??[/quote]

they are saying referees make mistakes
players make mistakes
referees judged more harshly

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Jogonalex »

halfcutfan wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Are you referring that Westies have somehow stuffed up?? just not sure what you're referring to
Westies conceded so someone stuffed up.... unless they did it on purpose :shock:[/quote]

100% correct, Westies conceded. Not sure how that relates to Pontians walking off though??[/quote]

they are saying referees make mistakes
players make mistakes
referees judged more harshly[/quote]


Yes, in this case mistakes were made all round... the biggest mistake was pulling the team off at 2-1
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:10 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Westies

Post by Old Redback »

halfcutfan wrote:

Yes, in this case mistakes were made all round... the biggest mistake was pulling the team off at 2-1
Wow! Most I ever got was an orange.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45513
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Westies

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Redback wrote:
halfcutfan wrote:

Yes, in this case mistakes were made all round... the biggest mistake was pulling the team off at 2-1
Wow! Most I ever got was an orange.
I was thinking the same :lol:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Berbaflop
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Berbaflop »

halfcutfan wrote:
halfcutfan wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:Given the scoreline at the time at least one person from each team has stuffed up, bet they won't put their hand up....
Are you referring that Westies have somehow stuffed up?? just not sure what you're referring to
Westies conceded so someone stuffed up.... unless they did it on purpose :shock:
100% correct, Westies conceded. Not sure how that relates to Pontians walking off though??[/quote]

they are saying referees make mistakes
players make mistakes
referees judged more harshly[/quote]


Yes, in this case mistakes were made all round... the biggest mistake was pulling the team off at 2-1[/quote]


You'll never see a game in your life where in 10 minutes of football 1 team can receive 2 reds and a penalty against them unless the team is downright dirty. Was a fair physical contest and the refs have again, made it about themselves. You can understand if someone makes mistakes but after witnessing the game firsthand I don't blame the Pontian Eagles for how they have reacted.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Westies

Post by Jogonalex »

You'll never see a game in your life where in 10 minutes of football 1 team can receive 2 reds and a penalty against them unless the team is downright dirty. Was a fair physical contest and the refs have again, made it about themselves. You can understand if someone makes mistakes but after witnessing the game firsthand I don't blame the Pontian Eagles for how they have reacted.[/quote][/quote][/quote]


The players wanted to continue.. to have your committee take the team off the park would be embarrassing I'm guessing!
Take your bat and ball and go home, give me a break... that's what's wrong with today's younger generation, it's too hard so walk off, it's not fair so walk off! Stick it out and then go through the proper channels with a grievance against the ref
Just my opinion and not defending the feeling behind the decision just pointing out that walking off because a couple of people on the side lines weren't happy is very poor form
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Post Reply