SAASL Affiliation to the FFA/FFSA

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

90mins
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: SAASL Affiliation to the FFA/FFSA

Post by 90mins »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Gristy wrote:
90mins wrote:with the news that the SAASL and FFSA are under one brand could that mean we could possibly see a SL play off for one spot.

For example

SL Div 2nd bottom vs bottom - winner stays in Div3 SL
Sunday Div 1 champions Vs Saturday Div 1 champions - winner plays the loser of SL play off
The winner of the SL and SAASL play off receives the last spot in SL Div3 - the loser then goes to the league that the winner comes from.
Do not think Sunday Div 1 club, would want to go play Saturdays and then field a U18 side as well.

That would be their prerogative to not take part in the play off system then.

However, why only 1 down at maximum and if only 1 then it should be only the bottom team.

either or if there is only 3 then they play the winner of Sat and Sun

90mins
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 90mins »

Gristy wrote:
90mins wrote:with the news that the SAASL and FFSA are under one brand could that mean we could possibly see a SL play off for one spot.

For example

Sunday Div 1 champions Vs Saturday Div 1 champions - winner plays the loser of SL play off
The winner of the SL and SAASL play off receives the last spot in SL Div3 - the loser then goes to the league that the winner comes from.
Do not think Sunday Div 1 club, would want to go play Saturdays and then field a U18 side as well.
Many others have. If they decide to do something like that they may not have a choice. What if they decide to make the Saturday divs a complete relegation promotion 6-10 league comp combined into the FFSA and Sunday becomes amateurs, watch all those sunday div 1 teams they'll be lining up to become a saturday team.

bored
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bored »

90mins wrote:
Gristy wrote:

For example

Many others have. If they decide to do something like that they may not have a choice. What if they decide to make the Saturday divs a complete relegation promotion 6-10 league comp combined into the FFSA and Sunday becomes amateurs, watch all those sunday div 1 teams they'll be lining up to become a saturday team.
Lol, you reckon?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

90mins wrote:
Gristy wrote:

For example

I want some of what he has been smoking :lol:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I'd actually like to see what he is saying, actually happen. People are saying that this new set up unifies the game, well let's see that happen.

Make the saturday league the pathway, if you win the top division you may APPLY top join the league above with the bottom team coming down.

Sunday teams given the option to either stay on a sunday or move to the saturdays, with a pathway that means they don't have to start in Div 4. Hard to say how that would work until you know the numbers coming across. Maybe a Div 1 red and Div one Blue etc.. for the first year if it's needed.

Winner of SAASL plays Winner of Collegiate League in a play off. Winner has the right to APPLY for the higher league.

Even better, unite SAASL and Collegiate League and then it's a straight line league system rather than pyramid.

Sunday's stays as the "amateur" competition.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:I'd actually like to see what he is saying, actually happen. People are saying that this new set up unifies the game, well let's see that happen.

Make the saturday league the pathway, if you win the top division you may APPLY top join the league above with the bottom team coming down.

Sunday teams given the option to either stay on a sunday or move to the saturdays, with a pathway that means they don't have to start in Div 4. Hard to say how that would work until you know the numbers coming across. Maybe a Div 1 red and Div one Blue etc.. for the first year if it's needed.

Winner of SAASL plays Winner of Collegiate League in a play off. Winner has the right to APPLY for the higher league.

Even better, unite SAASL and Collegiate League and then it's a straight line league system rather than pyramid.

Has merit
Ignore this signature

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I'd actually like to see what he is saying, actually happen. People are saying that this new set up unifies the game, well let's see that happen.

Has merit
This is pretty much how they do it in Brisbane I believe, with games on all days of the weekend even in the same league.

I definitely think it has merit and should be the way the amateur and collegiate league move forwards
It's all in the Delivery!

90mins
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 90mins »

There is no reason why it couldn't work and there is no application you simply rise as high as the club in question wants to fight to be. If that means an Adelaide Victory or a Gawler Eagles get relegated and they eventually end up in say Div 45or6 so be it. Lets remember Huddersfield town were not long ago a lower league club and are now beating ManU in the premier, why can't inter, farm or even Angle Vale have the same goals if they wish to seek it. No applications no begging, if your club can climb from Div10 to NPL then let it be.

NPL
SL1
SL2
SL3
SL4
SL5
SL6
SL7
SL8
SL9

12 teams per league (except SL9 which has 10) that's 106 clubs, every league has a 2 up 3 down with a 3rd4th5th6th play off for the final promotion place in each league.

current NPL & SL 36 teams
current Collegiate leagues (Div123 only) 30 teams
Sun Div 1&2 20 teams
Sat Div 1&2 20 teams

All left over clubs or ones who wish to not partake in the the one comp are free to stay in a Sunday amateur set up.

Call me crazy, call me an idiot but why can't it work. I assume my numbers are out but you get my thoughts.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The applications for me was because some teams wouldn't want to go that high and/or may not meet certain criteria to move up a division

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

90mins wrote:There is no reason why it couldn't work and there is no application you simply rise as high as the club in question wants to fight to be. If that means an Adelaide Victory or a Gawler Eagles get relegated and they eventually end up in say Div 45or6 so be it. Lets remember Huddersfield town were not long ago a lower league club and are now beating ManU in the premier, why can't inter, farm or even Angle Vale have the same goals if they wish to seek it. No applications no begging, if your club can climb from Div10 to NPL then let it be.

NPL
SL1
SL2
SL3
SL4
SL5
SL6
SL7
SL8
SL9

12 teams per league (except SL9 which has 10) that's 106 clubs, every league has a 2 up 3 down with a 3rd4th5th6th play off for the final promotion place in each league.

current NPL & SL 36 teams
current Collegiate leagues (Div123 only) 30 teams
Sun Div 1&2 20 teams
Sat Div 1&2 20 teams

All left over clubs or ones who wish to not partake in the the one comp are free to stay in a Sunday amateur set up.

Call me crazy, call me an idiot but why can't it work. I assume my numbers are out but you get my thoughts.
Have to agree with what you have suggested you crazy idiot :wink:

Those that want a social kick around play Saturday those with ambition will play in the NPL and SL leagues .. would improve the clubs and would provide an easier access to a much larger player/talent talent pool and with a more direct route for players in the now SAASL to progress ..

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Why would a Sunday team have to move to Saturday?

Npl teams can play when they like, Adel City Monday nights, modbury Friday nights, Metro have played sundays, I don’t think there would be a problem with a club wanting to play their home games on Sunday, will just have to play away on saturdays.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Fancy a one off Saturday div 1 champ v Sunday div 1 champ play off for promotion?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

paul merson wrote:Why would a Sunday team have to move to Saturday?

Npl teams can play when they like, Adel City Monday nights, modbury Friday nights, Metro have played sundays, I don’t think there would be a problem with a club wanting to play their home games on Sunday, will just have to play away on saturdays.
didn't know any teams played on a sunday. I see a big difference between playing on a friday night than a sunday.

Don't see it as a big deal either way though but it would be a simple way especially in the lower divisions for people who don't want to play certain days. For me, saturdays is dor serious football, sunday for pub football.

Craíc Addict
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Craíc Addict »

It's easier for me to get to games on a saturday than a sunday.
How much clit could a clit licker lick if a clit licker could lick a clit?

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Seriously some of you lot have too much time on your hands.

If you want to be part of the FFSA go join one of their clubs tomorrow. You don't have to spend 30 years trying to get a Saturday Div 6 team up there.

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

So what happens to those players that work Saturdays, hence the reason they play Sundays? I suppose they all just fade into the background somewhere...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

grumbly wrote:So what happens to those players that work Saturdays, hence the reason they play Sundays? I suppose they all just fade into the background somewhere...
No, they can still play Sundays at a decent standard, it just won't be part of the "pyramid" system. Seems to work fine in other countries.

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

In uk most competitive stuff is Saturday such as the leagues that matter so to say.. Sunday morning is for pub leagues and the more social kick.. obviously won’t happen overnight but really All should be under one federation in my opinion as it would make the paper trail and fixtures/pitch use a lot easier... still the amateur isn’t the worse run organisation despite a few mistakes here or there

90mins
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 90mins »

You Too wrote:Seriously some of you lot have too much time on your hands.

If you want to be part of the FFSA go join one of their clubs tomorrow. You don't have to spend 30 years trying to get a Saturday Div 6 team up there.

our entire association just did join the ffsa so that means so have you and every club within the saasl to a point

90mins
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 90mins »

grumbly wrote:So what happens to those players that work Saturdays, hence the reason they play Sundays? I suppose they all just fade into the background somewhere...

As quoted clearly in the post - All left over clubs or ones who wish to not partake in the one comp are free to stay in a Sunday amateur set up.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

What about the clubs who ground share with cricket clubs & will not be able to kick off in Feb/March when FFSA leagues commence, let alone pre-season fixtures??

WOW & I asked the question about introducing finals format in to SAASL & everybody on here disagreed.. but now we are talking about this..

I understand the concept but wishful thinking!!!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

haywood djablowme wrote:What about the clubs who ground share with cricket clubs & will not be able to kick off in Feb/March when FFSA leagues commence, let alone pre-season fixtures??

WOW & I asked the question about introducing finals format in to SAASL & everybody on here disagreed.. but now we are talking about this..

I disagree with finals across all levels of football

Under my scenario, those teams could choose not to apply for the higher league. If they did apply they would be rejected as they do not meet the necessary requirements.

Diabetic Squirrels
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Diabetic Squirrels »

God is an Englishman wrote:I disagree with finals across all levels of football.
We'll eat your cake and shít snickers

90mins
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 90mins »

haywood djablowme wrote:What about the clubs who ground share with cricket clubs & will not be able to kick off in Feb/March when FFSA leagues commence, let alone pre-season fixtures??

well those clubs would need to make a decision then. At the end of the day it will never happen but I think since we are now all one there should be a system that allows a club to push its way in and for the cabernet ffsa clubs to be pushed down or lift their game.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

FFSA have been known to work with clubs in this situation. Would probably schedule clubs away games to begin with until ground was ready.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

If they shifted the football seasons forward 4 - 6 weeks would help with grounds and avoid having to play in the hottest part of the year.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

N5 1BH wrote:If they shifted the football seasons forward 4 - 6 weeks would help with grounds and avoid having to play in the hottest part of the year.
How would that help, you'd be playing in the hottest part and you'd clash even more with cricket. :? Probably better off, pushing the season back 4 weeks.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

God is an Englishman wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:If they shifted the football seasons forward 4 - 6 weeks would help with grounds and avoid having to play in the hottest part of the year.
How would that help, you'd be playing in the hottest part and you'd clash even more with cricket. :? Probably better off, pushing the season back 4 weeks.
You know what I meant

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

So, we're 2 months in. Has their been anything worthwhile about saasl being part of ffsa?

Some teams went into the FFA Cup but that's all I know about.

Anything else?

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

SAASL now using sports TG - not major but its something I suppose.