Craig Laird's Cup Quarter Finals Round Up

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

manu1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by manu1 »

Match of the Day
THE Top Corner Cup holders, Brahma Lodge, has been sensationally bundled out at the Quarter Final stage by Modbury Jets, going down 3-1 at Cockburn Green.
Saturday Premier outfit Modbury Jets started the game brightly but on 12 minutes they had keeper Ben Karpoleh to thank when he saved a low hard shot from Lodge’s Lewis Vallelonga.
On 14 minutes Lodge’s Peter McDermott went on a barnstorming run which finished with Michael Mullen whose goal bound shot was brilliantly denied by Karpoleh.
Modbury created a good opportunity on 20 minutes when Dean Medek picked the ball up in the box and fired only for his shot to be cleared off the line but a minute later the visitors had the lead when a Jamie Guerrey cross found Tim Woods who headed home.
Lodge lifted and on three occasions Mullen was denied by an inspired Karpoleh as the Jets keeper ensured his team went to the break with their goal advantage.
Modbury got the perfect start to the 2nd half when on 46 minutes Ben Cross combined with Woods before playing in young Josh Kaye who steadied and finished coolly.
On 66 minutes the Cup holders were back in the game when a Matthew Bekirovski cross was backed heeled home by Vallelonga.
It was an end to end thriller and on 85 minutes Modbury’s Kaye hit the post and watched the ball cleared off the line but in stoppage time the Jets sealed a deserved win when Medak rounded Lodge keeper Jimmy McKee before sliding the ball home to the delight of the travelling fans.
Jets coach Bert Fuda “Its really rewarding to see the boys get the result.” and Fuda sees no reason why the cup run needs to stop “There’s no reason we can’t go all the way if we keep performing the way we are.”
Lodge coach Ryan Mogg “No complaints from us the better team won on the day.”

A 2nd HALF Chris Nicholls hat trick has helped Elizabeth Vale secure a 3-1 win over Saturday Premier League leader BOSA at Charles Cane Reserve.
The first half never reached any great heights as both teams cancelled each other out but within a minute of the 2nd half the deadlock was broken when Brendan Shortt whipped in a cross from the left that was superbly met by Nicholls who turned the ball into the net.
On 49 minutes, it was 2-0 to the visitors when a long clearance from Vale keeper Travis Delfos saw Nicholls read it best and he showed his quality when he lobbed the outcoming keeper to find the net.
The game was all but sealed on 62 minutes when a Jordan Kember corner was bundled in at the back post by the experienced Nicholls to secure his hat trick in a 16-minute spell.
BOSA grabbed a goal on 75 minutes but couldn’t narrow the gap any further as the six-time Cup winning Vale booked a semi-final berth.

SUNDAY 2nd Division Para Hills West have booked a semi-final spot with a 3-0 win over local rival Para Hills East at Para Hills oval.
While East opened the stronger, Westies started to get a foot hold in the game and on the half hour took the lead when David Jones bundled the ball home after a goal mouth scramble.
The lead was doubled on 65 minutes when Luke Air fired home from 20 yards and the win was sealed on 80 minutes when Paul Simpson curled home a fine effort for the visitors.
Para Hills West have previously only ever made two semi-finals and have never made it through to the cup final.
Coach Michael Iacavino “We have a very resilient group and there’s no doubt the fact the club have never made it to the final is a real incentive for us.”

ELIZABETH Downs have kept their league & Cup double hopes alive with a 2-1 win over Salisbury Inter at Argana Park.
Inter, Cup runners up in 2016, travelled to Elizabeth hopeful of upsetting the competition pace setting Downs but on eight minutes they found themselves behind.
Braiden Gundlach was put through by Scott Lindsay before steadying and slotting his chance low and hard into the corner.
Inter fought back on 25 minutes when a cross into the box eluded everyone and fell to Nathan Pettit who fired it home from the edge of the box.
The Maroons regained the lead soon after when a Russell Deeley header from a Gundlach cross made its way into his own net.
The 2nd half was a typical cup tie with lots of tough tackles and passion on display as the Downs held firm to book a Semi Final spot.
Downs coach Alan Mottram “It was a really tough cup tie. We are pleased to move into the semis and will turn our attention to league action.”

Quarter Final Results...

*Friday, August 18, 2017
Brahma Lodge ( 1 ) Modbury Jets ( 3 )
Para Hills East ( 0 ) Para Hills West ( 3 )
*Saturday August 19, 2017
BOSA ( 1 ) Elizabeth Vale ( 3 )
*Sunday August 20, 2017
Elizabeth Downs ( 2 ) Salisbury Inter ( 1 )

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Craig Laird's Cup Quarter Finals Round Up

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

I'd like to congratulate Bert on learning to answer his phone this round. Well done.

sirstevieg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sirstevieg »

Thought Inter deserved the chocolates yday....had a lot more of the play, Ben pulling off a few great saves....good hard game to watch.
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Jonny Liḍon wrote:I'd like to congratulate Bert on learning to answer his phone this round. Well done.
:lol:
Ignore this signature

supastar#8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by supastar#8 »

sirstevieg wrote:Thought Inter deserved the chocolates yday....had a lot more of the play, Ben pulling off a few great saves....good hard game to watch.
Totally agree with you Inter far better side but couldn't capilize on its chances

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

supastar#8 wrote:
sirstevieg wrote:Thought Inter deserved the chocolates yday....had a lot more of the play, Ben pulling off a few great saves....good hard game to watch.
Totally agree with you Inter far better side but couldn't capilize on its chances
So the better team are out the cup and sooked to the ref about it after the game enough he had to walk to the far end of the ground to get away from the better team crying they scored our winner. The better team is still in the cup and heading for a league title...There will always be next year for the perennial pretenders........
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

supastar#8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by supastar#8 »

legga wrote:
supastar#8 wrote:
So the better team are out the cup and sooked to the ref about it after the game enough he had to walk to the far end of the ground to get away from the better team crying they scored our winner. The better team is still in the cup and heading for a league title...There will always be next year for the perennial pretenders........
Does your hand do anything else but spend time in your crotch

supastar#8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by supastar#8 »

legga wrote:
supastar#8 wrote:

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

supastar#8 wrote:
legga wrote: So the better team are out the cup and sooked to the ref about it after the game enough he had to walk to the far end of the ground to get away from the better team crying they scored our winner. The better team is still in the cup and heading for a league title...There will always be next year for the perennial pretenders........
hahaha, he may have been typing one handed!
Im closer than you think

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Come an introduce yourself last game....I have numb hands at moment due to medical reasons so wouldnt even feel my slug you ignorant fool...keep on running your mouth you buffoon....

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Yeah ha ha. Hands are numb due to medical reasons so wouldnt even feel my slug you ignorant fool...come and introduce yourself last game....keep running your mouth you buffoon and I will get my mate simmo to point you out...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

legga wrote:Come an introduce yourself last game....I have numb hands at moment due to medical reasons so wouldnt even feel my slug you ignorant fool...keep on running your mouth you buffoon....
So it feels like someone else is doing it you lucky sherry.

Mahorn
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Mahorn »

God is an Englishman wrote:
legga wrote:Come an introduce yourself last game....I have numb hands at moment due to medical reasons so wouldnt even feel my slug you ignorant fool...keep on running your mouth you buffoon....
Not sure legga is lucky by not feeling his 'slug' but by the sounds of it is taking the positives out of every situation. Like the downs winning the league

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Never thought of it that way, but unfortunately with the petro chemicals being pumped into me at the minute just feeling it would feel good... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: All is good, life is great, The Mighty Downs are a bees slug away from being champions...

supastar#8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by supastar#8 »

legga wrote:
Never thought of it that way, but unfortunately with the petro chemicals being pumped into me at the minute just feeling it would feel good... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: All is good, life is great, The Mighty Downs are a bees slug away from being champions...
Sorry Legga your the only with problems you D.H