Modbury Vista lose points

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

getyourheaddown
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:04 pm

Modbury Vista lose points

Post by getyourheaddown »

Modbury Vista 3 points taken away for win against Gardens, I take it was for playing an ineligible player.

Table now :

RANK TEAM P W D L F A GD POINTS
1 Elizabeth Downs 13 11 2 0 69 13 56 35
2 P/Field Gardens 13 8 2 3 29 25 4 26
3 Brahma Lodge 13 8 1 4 50 20 30 25
4 Elizabeth Vale 13 6 4 3 25 35 -10 22
5 Salisbury Inter 13 5 5 3 23 18 5 20
6 Salisbury Flora 13 6 2 5 23 42 -19 20
7 P/HILLS EAST 13 4 0 9 25 36 -11 12
8 Ingle Farm 13 3 2 8 14 27 -13 11
9 MOD VISTA 13 2 2 9 16 37 -21 8
10 STHN KNIGHTS 13 2 0 11 19 40 -21 6

User avatar
legga
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1749
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:23 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by legga »

getyourheaddown wrote:Modbury Vista 3 points taken away for win against Gardens, I take it was for playing an ineligible player.

Table now :

RANK TEAM P W D L F A GD POINTS
1 Elizabeth Downs 13 11 2 0 69 13 56 35
2 P/Field Gardens 13 8 2 3 29 25 4 26
3 Brahma Lodge 13 8 1 4 50 20 30 25
4 Elizabeth Vale 13 6 4 3 25 35 -10 22
5 Salisbury Inter 13 5 5 3 23 18 5 20
6 Salisbury Flora 13 6 2 5 23 42 -19 20
7 P/HILLS EAST 13 4 0 9 25 36 -11 12
8 Ingle Farm 13 3 2 8 14 27 -13 11
9 MOD VISTA 13 2 2 9 16 37 -21 8
10 STHN KNIGHTS 13 2 0 11 19 40 -21 6
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

As I said on the other thread. How can you allow a player to be registered and then 10 days later decide he shouldn't have been and deduct points?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by churchill »

God is an Englishman wrote:As I said on the other thread. How can you allow a player to be registered and then 10 days later decide he shouldn't have been and deduct points?
Is called incompetence - unfortunately the Vista boys have been ultimately punished for the mismanagement of the SAASL and the club itself to allow this - the boys played out of their skins on that day and deserved the win. Just hope the boys can carry on regardless to the end of the season to avoid relegation.
Last edited by churchill on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAIL HAIL

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

churchill wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:As I said on the other thread. How can you allow a player to be registered and then 10 days later decide he shouldn't have been and deduct points?
Is called incompetence - unfortunately the Vista boys have been ultimately punished for the mismanagement of the SAASL and the club itself to allow this - the boys played out of their skins on that day and deserved the win. Just hope the boys can carry on regardless to the end of the season.
If what I've been told is true then don't see what the club did wrong. The player claims that he never signed for any other club.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by The Eagle »

Maybe they can borrow Titans lawyer?

Footballwise
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Footballwise »

Ghan do it every other week with no consequences. Modbury Vista should contact the Ghan chiefs. They seem to get off.

User avatar
Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Rodent »

God is an Englishman wrote:
churchill wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:As I said on the other thread. How can you allow a player to be registered and then 10 days later decide he shouldn't have been and deduct points?
Is called incompetence - unfortunately the Vista boys have been ultimately punished for the mismanagement of the SAASL and the club itself to allow this - the boys played out of their skins on that day and deserved the win. Just hope the boys can carry on regardless to the end of the season.
If what I've been told is true then don't see what the club did wrong. The player claims that he never signed for any other club.
The club did make a mistake a simple call to the FFSA club and ask is this player registered with you
& players don't sign they register themselves online these days as did this player
Every Rat has his day !!

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

rodent wrote: The club did make a mistake a simple call to the FFSA club and ask is this player registered with you
& players don't sign they register themselves online these days as did this player
so the club should have rung every club in the world to check if he was registered to them?

This player still states he never registered with any other club.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Rodent »

God is an Englishman wrote:
rodent wrote: The club did make a mistake a simple call to the FFSA club and ask is this player registered with you
& players don't sign they register themselves online these days as did this player
so the club should have rung every club in the world to check if he was registered to them?

This player still states he never registered with any other club.
No Just the club that he registered himself with and asked the chairman to rush through for him
Every Rat has his day !!

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

Rodent wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
rodent wrote: The club did make a mistake a simple call to the FFSA club and ask is this player registered with you
& players don't sign they register themselves online these days as did this player
so the club should have rung every club in the world to check if he was registered to them?

This player still states he never registered with any other club.
No Just the club that he registered himself with and asked the chairman to rush through for him
How is the club supposed to do that when the player says he has not registered with any other club. Only way would be to call every club in the world to be sure.

So, you"re also saying the player is lying about that registration?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:55 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by SID »

It is common practice, in my experience, for the club signing the player to call his last known club and check that he is cleared to sign.
No need to ring every club

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

SID wrote:It is common practice, in my experience, for the club signing the player to call his last known club and check that he is cleared to sign.
No need to ring every club

So, if he says he has no last club. Who do you ring? I've signed for 3 clubs in SA, never has my previous club been called. If the league accept the registration then all is well.

In this case, the league accepted his registration and then changed their mind.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Rodent »

God is an Englishman wrote:
How is the club supposed to do that when the player says he has not registered with any other club. Only way would be to call every club in the world to be sure.

So, you"re also saying the player is lying about that registration?
No he mistakes not playing a game as not being registered.....
Every Rat has his day !!

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

Rodent wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
How is the club supposed to do that when the player says he has not registered with any other club. Only way would be to call every club in the world to be sure.

So, you"re also saying the player is lying about that registration?
No he mistakes not playing a game as not being registered.....

But you said he asked for the registration to be rushed through so he must have known he was registered.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Rodent »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Rodent wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
How is the club supposed to do that when the player says he has not registered with any other club. Only way would be to call every club in the world to be sure.

So, you"re also saying the player is lying about that registration?
No he mistakes not playing a game as not being registered.....

But you said he asked for the registration to be rushed through so he must have known he was registered.
Yes that's what the chairman was asked....so maybe he forgot he was registered.... or thought nobody would check that he was previously registered ....
Every Rat has his day !!

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

The Eagle wrote:Maybe they can borrow Titans lawyer?

Been told it's PAC getting lawyers involved, not Titans.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Rodent »

God is an Englishman wrote:
The Eagle wrote:Maybe they can borrow Titans lawyer?

Been told it's PAC getting lawyers involved, not Titans.
You get TOLD a lot ....
Every Rat has his day !!

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:55 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by SID »

How do you know the club never checked with your former clubs ?
Players I've signed would never know that their ex club had been contacted but they had

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

SID wrote:How do you know the club never checked with your former clubs ?
Players I've signed would never know that their ex club had been contacted but they had
Because they would have told me. I've also held positions in those clubs and never once taken such a call.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

Rodent wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
The Eagle wrote:Maybe they can borrow Titans lawyer?

Been told it's PAC getting lawyers involved, not Titans.
You get TOLD a lot ....

I do
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by You Too »

Vista took a punt and was caught out can't be fairer then that. I suppose ignoring it and letting the Farmers get relegated is a fairer outcome. Stop being a Plonker GIAEM do the crime do the time.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45500
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by God is an Englishman »

You Too wrote:Vista took a punt and was caught out can't be fairer then that. I suppose ignoring it and letting the Farmers get relegated is a fairer outcome. Stop being a Plonker GIAEM do the crime do the time.
Merely making the point that the league system is fallable. It alllwed a player to be registered and then after the event has decided it shouldn't be allowed.

Nobody so far has given one reasonable thing that Vista could have done differently.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Slinky_Pete
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6094
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Slinky_Pete »

God is an Englishman wrote:
You Too wrote:Vista took a punt and was caught out can't be fairer then that. I suppose ignoring it and letting the Farmers get relegated is a fairer outcome. Stop being a Plonker GIAEM do the crime do the time.
Merely making the point that the league system is fallable. It alllwed a player to be registered and then after the event has decided it shouldn't be allowed.

Nobody so far has given one reasonable thing that Vista could have done differently.
Done a 360 and walked away from the player.

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by The Eagle »

So a club registered a player, with out his knowledge, the player hasnt played and signs on with another club, league accepts new registration, players plays and team wins?

Whats the reecourse against the initial club who signed the player from what appears to be without his knowledge?

So maybe next year we will pre register all the top players in our league and prevent them from playing elsewhere?

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:55 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by chunky-monkey »

As grumbly said on the Brahma topic, it is easy enough for a club person to register a whole bunch of players under one email address. Vista thought there was no issue neither did the player. His identity was never hidden. And was only until the issue was brought up on here, the club even sat him out on he weekend while the whole thing was up in the air and before points were deducted.

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by The Eagle »

chunky-monkey wrote:As grumbly said on the Brahma topic, it is easy enough for a club person to register a whole bunch of players under one email address. Vista thought there was no issue neither did the player. His identity was never hidden. And was only until the issue was brought up on here, the club even sat him out on he weekend while the whole thing was up in the air and before points were deducted.
If only you didnt play Sid's Parafield that week there wouldnt have been an issue?
Last edited by The Eagle on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gristy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Gristy »

it is a easy check before registering a player if another club has already paid his registration fee for the year. If we are talking on another saasl club having the player registred.

and yes it is pointless registering these players like you described, as would only effect clubs posts june 30 as transfer fee is similar amount to registration fee and therefore you would just be out of pocket :)

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2754
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Modbury Vista lose points

Post by Brian the Postman »

The registration process should go back to signatures on forms, it's not the first instance I have heard this year of clubs registering players on their behalf (sometimes without their knowledge).
It's all in the Delivery!

Post Reply