Can you still sign players?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Can you still sign players?

Post by fowler_23 »

need some clarity here and thought id ask the esteemed people on here..

Can you sign a new player after june 30th if they havent signed with anyone else so far this year?
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Ice Adonis
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Can you still sign players?

Post by Ice Adonis »

Yes you can, but make sure they haven't been registered anywhere else :P
Also known as Yellow Boots

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

Yes!
#mylipsaresealed

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

fowler_23 wrote:need some clarity here and thought id ask the esteemed people on here..

Can you sign a new player after june 30th if they havent signed with anyone else so far this year?

June 30th is the deadline for transfers for players who have already signed for a club that year. If you are not registered you can sign up anytime during the season.
However the system is a bit odd, as the ffsa don't yet recognize the saasl, and if you are registered with an amateur club, looking to make a move, I am thinking you can still register for a ffsa club ( or collegiate team ) this year.

I trust this all makes sense :)

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

This may seem a silly question but what is behind the rule of not allowing players to switch teams after the 30th of June?

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Baresi wrote:This may seem a silly question but what is behind the rule of not allowing players to switch teams after the 30th of June?
$'s - leagues have to know which clubs have to be charged for player registrations so there has to be a line in the sand for that to happen.

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

Mr Red wrote:
Baresi wrote:This may seem a silly question but what is behind the rule of not allowing players to switch teams after the 30th of June?
$'s - leagues have to know which clubs have to be charged for player registrations so there has to be a line in the sand for that to happen.
Thanks Mr Red.

Is this still applicable with the new way of registering players?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Mr Red wrote:
clubs are charged upon registration, not after June 30.

transfers incur similar fee.

I think its more to try and restrict players coming in from other leagues to help a title push towards the end of the season, especially now the FFSA season is almost wrapped up for most clubs

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

I was talking from a FFSA point of view I think you might be talking from a SAASL point of view.

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

Mr Red wrote:I was talking from a FFSA point of view I think you might be talking from a SAASL point of view.
sorry yes SAASL