Craig Laird's SAASL Sunday Premier Division Round Up

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Craig Laird's SAASL Sunday Premier Division Round Up

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
I can't think of too many clubs thay would have as many teams and registered players.

Juniors (E&D and FFSA), seniors (FFSA & SAASL), womens teams.....
And you think that makes it a "big" club? :lol:
Most definitely, pretty much the definition of big in fact.
Having lots of registered players have nothing to do with how big your club is, some of the biggest clubs in the world only field a few teams. As far as a big club perhaps look at the following other factors that come into play;

Supporters - The club goes far further than how many you have on the field, it's the vast numbers that come and stand on the sidelines and are there for more than a glorified daycare. Struggling to boast a supporter base that have any interest in the club itself seems a little bit detached if you ask me. I can only tell you from being there.

Silverware - I guess success on the park could help your argument but when you consider the amount of teams registered and trophies in the cabinet it's not a great strike rate. A few E&D trophies does not make your club big, neither does taking out the Div 2 Amatuer league a few times. I know because my name is on a few of them.

Facilities - Some could argue that having vast amounts of playing room and a large clubhouse would allow you to claim the rights as the biggest club in the State. You have neither of these and are forced to ground share to try and keep up with demand for your over crowded facilities. Trust me, Ive had the pleasure of working with these for years.

Players - You are probably correct on this one, you boast the largest playing roster across the state for a single club in competitive football. Unfortunately for you, these players essentially play for three different clubs under the one logo. Even that is something you should be able to work out.

Don't get me wrong its a club I have played, coached at and supported for many years but it's biffs like you that talk it up and put on an arrogant persona that ruin it for the true humble Vista faithful.

Get back in your box
HA'WAY THE LADS

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

Didn't know he was a part of our club, but it certainly seems you don't like us. My lads only been there a short while, but they seem ok so far.
I wouldn't call them a big club either.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

big
adjective

of considerable size

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

grumbly wrote:Didn't know he was a part of our club, but it certainly seems you don't like us. My lads only been there a short while, but they seem ok so far.
GIAE is from MOdbury Jets?

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

The Eagle wrote:
grumbly wrote:Didn't know he was a part of our club, but it certainly seems you don't like us. My lads only been there a short while, but they seem ok so far.

Confirm!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote: Having lots of registered players have nothing to do with how big your club is, some of the biggest clubs in the world only field a few teams. As far as a big club perhaps look at the following other factors that come into play;

Supporters - The club goes far further than how many you have on the field, it's the vast numbers that come and stand on the sidelines and are there for more than a glorified daycare. Struggling to boast a supporter base that have any interest in the club itself seems a little bit detached if you ask me. I can only tell you from being there.

Silverware - I guess success on the park could help your argument but when you consider the amount of teams registered and trophies in the cabinet it's not a great strike rate. A few E&D trophies does not make your club big, neither does taking out the Div 2 Amatuer league a few times. I know because my name is on a few of them.

Facilities - Some could argue that having vast amounts of playing room and a large clubhouse would allow you to claim the rights as the biggest club in the State. You have neither of these and are forced to ground share to try and keep up with demand for your over crowded facilities. Trust me, Ive had the pleasure of working with these for years.

Players - You are probably correct on this one, you boast the largest playing roster across the state for a single club in competitive football. Unfortunately for you, these players essentially play for three different clubs under the one logo. Even that is something you should be able to work out.

Don't get me wrong its a club I have played, coached at and supported for many years but it's biffs like you that talk it up and put on an arrogant persona that ruin it for the true humble Vista faithful.

Get back in your box
There are lots of ways you could define the size of a club, pretty hard to say number of sides and players isn't one of them.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

The Eagle wrote:
:lol:
Time for some righteous indignation

Ice Adonis
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ice Adonis »

In other news Iceland put England out of the Euros.
Also known as Yellow Boots

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

surely any club that advertises every morning on the TV is a big club?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

I'm sensing Outlaw may have an issue with Vista?

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

I think its because he never got out the C grade when he was there