banned

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

banned

Post by legga »

Advertiser saying a team has been banned indefinetly for chasing a ref...cant get on it who is this...
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: banned

Post by legga »

legga wrote:Advertiser saying a team has been banned indefinetly for chasing a ref...cant get on it who is this...
Ok got it Eleven fc it is.... rebadge next year coming up
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

jim.mcguinness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jim.mcguinness »

there must be some mistake!! , hopefully the guy from ghan has got it on camera , all tarred with the same brush imo, feck them off they are getting worse , they make me sick

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

Who is it??

Is it northern wolves or MU Stars?? Their results still isn't on saasl page? Is this the reason
#mylipsaresealed

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Forest T Hairy wrote:Who is it??

Is it northern wolves or MU Stars?? Their results still isn't on saasl page? Is this the reason

Eleven fc

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

Another team supported by the local council no doubt.

Disgrace.
#mylipsaresealed

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

'Amateur Soccer League secretary Alex Cichanowski said there was no room for threatening behaviour in soccer.

“They found it difficult to accept the decision made by the referee and then began chasing the referee,” Mr Cichanowski said.

They have been suspended until they can demonstrate that they have got some control and discipline in place.'

There's the problem right there. Don't give them an opportunity to come back.

Edit: no idea why it says cheap and nasty :lol:

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=80202

And these teams get grants to set themselves up, not paying for anything and behave like hooligans.
#mylipsaresealed

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Maybe if the league started taking stronger actions against clubs and players involved in these incidents we wouldn't continue to see them.

Only a matter of weeks ago we saw OTH vs Wolves called off. Ghan Vs Pontian called off. PAC vs Titans called off. All for incidents involving violence... and now this. All these clubs showing this kind of behaviour should be booted, and every player signed up with that club should be banned from joining any other existing or new club in the future.

How long till someone gets seriously injured or worse???

Multiculturalism at its finest hey

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Forest T Hairy wrote:viewtopic.php?f=17&t=80202

And these teams get grants to set themselves up, not paying for anything and behave like hooligans.
plenty of grants available to your club.

we have received grants from ORS, local council and the messenger. these places do not seek out clubs to give money to rather apply through the avenues provided and available.

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

othsc4life wrote:Maybe if the league started taking stronger actions against clubs and players involved in these incidents we wouldn't continue to see them.

Only a matter of weeks ago we saw OTH vs Wolves called off. Ghan Vs Pontian called off. PAC vs Titans called off. All for incidents involving violence... and now this. All these clubs showing this kind of behaviour should be booted, and every player signed up with that club should be banned from joining any other existing or new club in the future.

othsc4life, I cant help but assume that othsc means One Tree Hill Soccer club 4 life... OTH was involved in a brawl and youve said that all of those clubs should be booted, and EVERY player signed up should be banned in the future...

why should everyone be banned? lets be honest, scraps happen. If its an onfield fight only involving the players with no weapons then the standard bans should be in place, but i dont see why every registered player at a club involved in an incident/s should be banned, seems ridiculous. Im not condoning brawls but it happens, a few filthy tackles and what not of course you'll stick up for your team mates.

if a player attacks a referee or spectator that player should be banned from registering with SAASL for life, no second chances, no grey areas. If spectators are involved then it becomes tricky, its really hard to stop a spectator from attending games, but clubs should outcast those spectators and ask they dont return. I haven't had this issue at my club but i have no doubt they would act appropriately if this issue were to arise.

amateur footy has a policy where if you're suspended for too many games for violent misconduct you are banned for life, perhaps thats something SAASL should evoke (they may have already, im just assuming they haven't)

Race/religion/ethnic standing should have absolutely no bearing on the rules, you should be judged on your actions alone. its never going to be perfect, the referees are amateurs just like the players. most games have incidents and sometimes they're not handled correctly. as supporters it is our duty to respect and look after the referees whether the decisions they make go for our side or not. they're an easy target, usually outnumbered 22 to 1 an they don't have a pack of supporters on the sidelines to retreat to for support.
HAIL HAIL

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Broonaldo\0/ wrote:
othsc4life wrote:Maybe if the league started taking stronger actions against clubs and players involved in these incidents we wouldn't continue to see them.

othsc4life, I cant help but assume that othsc means One Tree Hill Soccer club 4 life... OTH was involved in a brawl and youve said that all of those clubs should be booted, and EVERY player signed up should be banned in the future...

why should everyone be banned? lets be honest, scraps happen. If its an onfield fight only involving the players with no weapons then the standard bans should be in place, but i dont see why every registered player at a club involved in an incident/s should be banned, seems ridiculous. Im not condoning brawls but it happens, a few filthy tackles and what not of course you'll stick up for your team mates.
Mate this wasnt a scrap on the pitch. This was an all in brawl. I understand incidents happen between players n tempers flare... thats all well and good. But when a player is punched twice from behind, then kicked by several players whilst on the floor... then 20 supporters come charging onto the pitch throwing punches and kicks... and a 45 man all in brawl ensues then that's when entire clubs need booting and never allowed back.

We have had players fire up, hell we have even had players throw a punch before... but that's as far as it goes. Never have i been involved or seen a situation like that. It went well beyond just an in game incident. We had 4 police vehicles and an ambulance rock up

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

othsc4life i wasnt there, so im certainly not passing judgement or accusations. certainly sounds like your issue is at the most serious end of the spectrum with spectators getting involved. thats when people get seriously hurt as supporters have chairs, umbrellas and bottles easily accesible. Never a nice thing to have to witness.
HAIL HAIL

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

othsc4life wrote:hell we have even had players throw a punch before... but that's as far as it goes.
Well that's not good enough.
Agia Lavra 1821!

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
othsc4life wrote:hell we have even had players throw a punch before... but that's as far as it goes.
Certainly isnt. It unfortunately happens though. These things flare up on the pitch every now n again... its certainly not acceptable though. Im not coming on here preaching absolute innocence here because every club has their issues. But some clubs seem to go a lot further than an in the moment snap of the temper m things briefly flare up. 25 supporters charging onto the pitch is a bit beyond. Chasing referees is a bit beyond. Causing games to be abandoned due to safety concerns is a bit beyond. Spitting on opposition players week in week out is a bit beyond..... there are levels, and people make mistakes. The issue comes when it starts becoming a trend

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
Really?

Has your club ever been involved in anything unsavoury?

y = ½x² + ¼x + 4
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by y = ½x² + ¼x + 4 »

:lol:
Hyperbole is my middle name