on the grape vine

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

on the grape vine

Post by legga »

Heard on the vine of who knows last night that Mr Bailey and Mr Chico are in discussion with ffa to finally sort out discrepancies between the associations to finally come under one happy little family. As said who knows just sharing what my bat fink ears picked up...Will they split thier pot of gold with the clubs...?
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: on the grape vine

Post by RowePark »

legga wrote:Heard on the vine of who knows last night that Mr Bailey and Mr Chico are in discussion with ffa to finally sort out discrepancies between the associations to finally come under one happy little family. As said who knows just sharing what my bat fink ears picked up...Will they split thier pot of gold with the clubs...?
doubt they will split.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

No reason why they shouldn't, if it gets to that. Although clubs that have been around for longer should get a bigger slice of the pie.
Ignore this signature

Srbin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Srbin »

Finally some good news. I know the SAASL has been sitting on $1mil or whatever it is. To be honest 20 years ago that was a lot of money, today however that is not a huge amount. Perhaps they could use it (along with a govt grant) to upgrade Grange and make a fantastic facility for football which could accommodate cup finals and playoffs in the SAASL divisions

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Have heard an agreement is close. Also hearing though that clubs would have to agree to it.

Would have to be a pretty good deal for clubs to agree to it surely. Aside from playing in the federation cup, what's in it for clubs to join that joke organisation?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Have heard an agreement is close. Also hearing though that clubs would have to agree to it.

Would have to be a pretty good deal for clubs to agree to it surely. Aside from playing in the federation cup, what's in it for clubs to join that joke organisation?
Ideally, I'd like to see it be a true combination, so it isn't a "takeover" as such, but SAASL heads come in and tidy up some of the FFSA messes, whereas some of the FFSA "disciplines" could be filtered into the SAASL.
Tough job, but at least if they are talking sensibly, it could be a win/win situation, but one cant help but be sceptical at the minute.

Assuming successful, what would the league divisions look like? One big super league and a swag of lower divisions? Saturday/Sunday aspect?
Ignore this signature

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

God is an Englishman wrote:Have heard an agreement is close. Also hearing though that clubs would have to agree to it.

To be fair SAASL is a joke of an organisation too.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

To protect clubs from FFSA clubs (in relegation trouble) with 4 games to go offering huge $$$$ to entice players to cross over even after the transfer deadline has passed.. there is 1 reason, so all clubs are safe in knowing that whatever association a player plays for he/she is recognised by the head body meaning this kind of shenanigans can not occur once it hits 30 June
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

haywood djablowme wrote:

To protect clubs from FFSA clubs (in relegation trouble) with 4 games to go offering huge $$$$ to entice players to cross over even after the transfer deadline has passed.. there is 1 reason, so all clubs are safe in knowing that whatever association a player plays for he/she is recognised by the head body meaning this kind of shenanigans can not occur once it hits 30 June
CSL clubs seem to have a online ID photo database as well which seems to have been used in recent seasons to good effect. This would be useful.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Surely it would just an affiliation thing and the pot of gold stays with SAASL?

As a result of affiliation SAASL has access to state and federal funding?
Time for some righteous indignation

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

haywood djablowme wrote:

Wouldn't that be ironic given that the Northern Amateur league clubs offer $$$ that no federation club in the area can match.
It's all in the Delivery!

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Brian the Postman wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

Wouldn't that be ironic given that the Northern Amateur league clubs offer $$$ that no federation club in the area can match.
Yeah this lack of cohesion has hurt the north across the board, long overdue if it happens. Wonder how this affects E&D, would the amateur clubs with juniors automatically be part of fed juniors. Would mean a lot of competition for the Fed clubs, they might not like that

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

N5 1BH wrote:Wonder how this affects E&D, would the amateur clubs with juniors automatically be part of fed juniors. Would mean a lot of competition for the Fed clubs, they might not like that
Yeah, I'm sure that there would be a lot of sleepless nights in the coming weeks amongst the Fed club presidents over such a possibility :lol:

The NWJSA remained a stand alone comp after they affiliated with the Feds a decade or more ago.
Time for some righteous indignation

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Stitch This wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Wonder how this affects E&D, would the amateur clubs with juniors automatically be part of fed juniors. Would mean a lot of competition for the Fed clubs, they might not like that
Yeah, I'm sure that there would be a lot of sleepless nights in the coming weeks amongst the Fed club presidents over such a possibility :lol:

The NWJSA remained a stand alone comp after they affiliated with the Feds a decade or more ago.
Probably how it would end up but when you look how well Vista juniors have done in a short time, the likes of Downs, Gully, Farm etc could provide a decent alternative if they chose to go that way.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

well, for one you could officially represent england 8)

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

I don't think that is dependent on where you play your club football.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Dry July wrote:I don't think that is dependent on where you play your club football.
i believe his point is that if he played he would be registered with ffa which recognised by fifa bla bla so could get a call up

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

My point is you don't have to be registered with a specific body to be eligible for a call up.

htfac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by htfac »

Will there be much change to SAASL or E&D if they affiliate? I don't think much will change as both will still probably be run as independent competitions. So they should be as they both address a different part of the football market than the FFSA and neither would benefit from being run by the FFSA. No need to burden the grass roots of football in this state with the costs overheads of the FFSA. Maybe the SAASL and E&D get a couple of seats on the FFSA committee etc??
In the end it'll be just a tick in the numbers box for the FFSA such that they become eligible for more places in the FFA Cup??

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

The FFA Cup comp would allow the "whose better" Div 1 SAASL team v Fed teams debate to be put to the test!!

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

This is happening.

The unification of the code was a key part of the FFSA strategic plan (2015-17).

On our radio show, we asked Carter about four weeks ago now how this was going and he simply said 'judge us in six months' - which was basically code for: 'We will have an announcement by the end of the year.'
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Dry July wrote:My point is you don't have to be registered with a specific body to be eligible for a call up.
Yes you do. SAASL is not recognised by FIFA and as such you cannot play in FIFA sanctioned competition.

I'm sure there are throngs of players in SAASL missing out on the chance to represent their nations atm mind you.

Refer to the 1950s breakaway league in Australia :wink:

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
Dry July wrote:My point is you don't have to be registered with a specific body to be eligible for a call up.
Yes you do. SAASL is not recognised by FIFA and as such you cannot play in FIFA sanctioned competition.

I'm sure there are throngs of players in SAASL missing out on the chance to represent their nations atm mind you.

Did Boree ever represent Cambodia whilst in SAASL?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Lucas Leiva wrote:

Even if true, i don't need a SAASL registration for that.

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

ontheblackburner wrote:This is happening.

The unification of the code was a key part of the FFSA strategic plan (2015-17).

On our radio show, we asked Carter about four weeks ago now how this was going and he simply said 'judge us in six months' - which was basically code for: 'We will have an announcement by the end of the year.cheap and nasty
I hope Mr Carter is successful in the unification of the code - if it does happen he would achieve one of the great legacies of all time that would prove beyong doubt he would be one of the best administrators in our game.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

churchill wrote:
ontheblackburner wrote:This is happening.

On our radio show, we asked Carter about four weeks ago now how this was going and he simply said 'judge us in six months' - which was basically code for: 'We will have an announcement by the end of the year.cheap and nasty
I hope Mr Carter is successful in the unification of the code - if it does happen he would achieve one of the great legacies of all time that would prove beyong doubt he would be one of the best administrators in our game.
:lol:

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

Srbin wrote:Finally some good news. I know the SAASL has been sitting on $1mil or whatever it is. To be honest 20 years ago that was a lot of money, today however that is not a huge amount. Perhaps they could use it (along with a govt grant) to upgrade Grange and make a fantastic facility for football which could accommodate cup finals and playoffs in the SAASL divisions
i agree. the 'pot of gold' people talk about, and all the $$ the saasl have were valid points in the 90's. It is now 2017, having a million in the bank to support a state based amateur league comp is nothing.
Im closer than you think