Adelaide Titans

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Adelaide Titans

Post by The Eagle »

Heard last night Titans v PAC game got abandoned after Titans coach and supporters stormed the pitch?
Surely the league will act and loss of the game and potential points deduction will occur?

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Adelaide Titans

Post by Dry July »

The Eagle wrote:Heard last night Titans v PAC game got abandoned after Titans coach and supporters stormed the pitch?
Surely the league will act and loss of the game and potential points deduction will occur?
I was at the reserves game. I wish I had stayed for the first team game now.

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

Watching a game this morning, heard Titans stole a 15 year old kids phone as he was filming the incident, must be incriminating footage to go to that level

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

all sounds pretty disgusting. the perpatrators should be ashamed and hopefully the thief gets done. shameful. :roll:

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

#88 wrote:What was the score at the time of the 'incident'?
1-1 at 60 minutes when the game was abandoned I heard,

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

predator wrote:
#88 wrote:What was the score at the time of the 'incident'?
1-1 at 60 minutes when the game was abandoned I heard,
PAC facebook says the momentum was with PAC so did Titans do this to keep a point after they had equalised for 1-1?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I know some of the people at Titans (1 I would consider a good friend) and cannot believe for one minute that if the description is actually true that they would allow it. There must be something more in it, what caused the incident?

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

Clearly something did occur and no doubt TItians have some great people so in addition to SAASL taking action maybe they as a club need to take action against those involved.

Red Blue Eagles lost points last year?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Eagle wrote:Clearly something did occur and no doubt TItians have some great people so in addition to SAASL taking action maybe they as a club need to take action against those involved.

Were you there? If the description is true then they should lose point, however - so far all we have is some half story that something may have occurred and no reasoning behind what started it all.

Anonymous Teamman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Anonymous Teamman »

Other side of the story involves a PAC player spitting on a Titans player which resulted in a scuffle.

After that settled down the game resumed and some racial remarks came into play and when the Wog word is thrown around the game won't last too long.

All speculation so interesting to see what the decision is.

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

God is an Englishman wrote:
The Eagle wrote:Clearly something did occur and no doubt TItians have some great people so in addition to SAASL taking action maybe they as a club need to take action against those involved.

Were you there? If the description is true then they should lose point, however - so far all we have is some half story that something may have occurred and no reasoning behind what started it all.
No I wasnt there, I was watching us lose to BOSA :-(

Im just going by what I heard and what I read on facebook, the post by 'Anonymous Teamman' paints the picture that a PAC player used a word that incited coaches and spectators to invade the pitch.

I hope that the player who spat and the player who made the comment from PAC were carded and are punished but beause a word is used on the pitch certainly will never validate a pitch invasion.

would love to see the footage on the kids phone

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Eagle wrote:

Im just going by what I heard and what I read on facebook, the post by 'Anonymous Teamman' paints the picture that a PAC player used a word that incited coaches and spectators to invade the pitch.

I hope that the player who spat and the player who made the comment from PAC were carded and are punished but beause a word is used on the pitch certainly will never validate a pitch invasion.

If true, the PAC should be getting a LENGTHY ban. SAASL states 8-20 matches if spitting on someone. 6-12 matches if it's just "at" someone. I'd be wanting the maximum for that as it's one of the most disgusting things you can do on a pitch.

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

The Eagle wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:[

If true, the PAC should be getting a LENGTHY ban. SAASL states 8-20 matches if spitting on someone. 6-12 matches if it's just "at" someone. I'd be wanting the maximum for that as it's one of the most disgusting things you can do on a pitch.
Agree but did the player get sent off though?

Still no excuse and the commentary suggest the pitch invasion did occur but because a certain word was used not due to the alledged spitting incident.

Surely PAC player and Titans get punished

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Eagle wrote:Agree but did the player get sent off though?

Still no excuse and the commentary suggest the pitch invasion did occur but because a certain word was used not due to the alledged spitting incident.

Surely PAC player and Titans get punished
I've not heard one first hand piece of evidence on this yet so I will reserve judgement.

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

The video I have seen is of a player confronting some people shouting something along the lines of "you have crossed the line twice, I let you get away with it the first time, player was pretty fired up so I guess it wasn't related to any pitch markings, titans pushing for promotion which could see them loosing that oputunity now if they punished accordingly, which they should if found guilty of any wrong doings , coach getting involved is just a big no no

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

A team and supporters storming the pitch and causing a scuffle....... now where have I heard this before..... oh yes northern wolves when they played one tree hill 2 weeks ago.

League still yet to reach a decision in relation to players or the club despite hearing being a week ago.

Interesting how on here people saying titans should be docked points etc and others have in the past. Can anyone answer how many that was in the past?
Just wondering if it should be similar across the board for clubs who can't control their supporters or players?
Is it just the points from the game they lose or is it a certain number regardless.

SAASL really need to come down on clubs who behave this way, someone is going to end up getting severely injured or worse if it's not sorted.
#mylipsaresealed

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

The Eagle wrote:
Theirs plenty of footage from the other 7 phones that captured the incident :shock: :shock:

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

What ethnic background are the teams?

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

The Eagle wrote: No I wasnt there, I was watching us lose to BOSA :-(
Did you get dragged off again?? :wink:

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

redwin wrote:
Possibly :D

How many points did red blue eagles get docked last year for what seems like less of an issue than Titans?

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

The Eagle wrote:
redwin wrote:
Possibly :D

How many points did red blue eagles get docked last year for what seems like less of an issue than Titans?

Yeah how many points? Be interesting to see if a similar penalty is imposed
#mylipsaresealed

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

redwin wrote:What ethnic background are the teams?
Titans - Greek

PAC - australian i would assume

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Seems like some have made their mind up, hope I don't get any of you lot on a jury.

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

redwin wrote:What ethnic background are the teams?
Titans - Greek

PAC - australian i would assume

We should stop funding these ethnic groups

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Agia Lavra 1821!

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

I reckon for each of the eight years that I played in SAASL, there was at least one first-hand pitch invasion or stories of pitch invasions each season. In fact, I would dare say every club has probably experienced a similar incident in the last 5 years and probably shouldn't be picking on Titans or PAC here.

I wonder how many baying for blood on here have actually spat at or racially abused someone themselves but now have a nice comfortable high chair to sit on.

The responsibility is on the league to punish the clubs. But the responsibility is also on the clubs to punish the players.

At Vipers, we had a player king hit by a player from a team now in Div 1 and whilst our coach prevented anyone coming on the pitch, their whole bench cleared out and ran on swinging at anyone and anything. The sum total was the club telling us they would never let their player play again yet he was playing a fortnight later.

Again, the club has the ultimate power to punish.

manu17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manu17 »

How many points did red blue eagles get docked last year for what seems like less of an issue than Titans?[/quote]

Yeah how many points? Be interesting to see if a similar penalty is imposed[/quote]

Red Blue Eagles were 2-1 up in 80th odd minute, game was judged as null and void so both teams received 0 points (no points were actually deducted) but did cost RBE the 3 points for the win, there were also some fines given out

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

why do people get upset about the word WOG. iam a POM here in oz and I wear my badge with pride. :?:

hiphopanonymous
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by hiphopanonymous »

theorakle wrote:why do people get upset about the word WOG. iam a POM here in oz and I wear my badge with pride. :?:
What's a WOG?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

hiphopanonymous wrote:
theorakle wrote:why do people get upset about the word WOG. iam a POM here in oz and I wear my badge with pride. :?:
What's a WOG?
wily oriental gentleman origionaly. :wink: