Results today

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Results today

Post by legga »

Downs As v Southern Knights, Downs 9- 2 up......
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Wir Sind Helden
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Results today

Post by Wir Sind Helden »

Brahma Logde taking revenge for their opening day defeat

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Div 5: Polonia 4 Adult Eleven 0 (abandoned near end, 3 red cards to AE, wanted to kill ref so game called off, usual same old apparently).
Ignore this signature

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

legga wrote:Downs As v Southern Knights, Downs 9- 2 up......
Southern Knights ( 2 ) Elizabeth Downs ( 9 )
Too strong on the day...not as close as the Round 1 opener...

Southern Knights ( 0 ) Elizabeth Downs ( 2 )
Knights Reserves were competitive today but shit refereeing cost us :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Care factor 0
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Care factor 0 »

Vista 1-0 over the Farmers.
Not the greatest spectacle but a win is a much needed win for Vista

Guess Who
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Guess Who »

Bomber wrote:Div 5: Polonia 4 Adult Eleven 0 (abandoned near end, 3 red cards to AE, wanted to kill ref so game called off, usual same old apparently).
No one really cares and its div 5 what do you expect

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

swannsong wrote:

Hopefully the fella doing the post game speech showed a bit more appreciation to the travelling support that propped up the bar and canteen than he did the last time the Downs visited....

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Old Redback wrote: Hopefully the fella doing the post game speech showed a bit more appreciation to the travelling support that propped up the bar and canteen than he did the last time the Downs visited....
What !! You weren't there ?

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Heard the Parafield had 3 sent off with the hot head being one of them....Bring on next week ar Argy Park......Good old bungers doing us a favour

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

legga wrote:Heard the Parafield had 3 sent off with the hot head being one of them....Bring on next week ar Argy Park......Good old bungers doing us a favour
Heard it was Ange, the Chief and Alban.. 3 big outs for nexts weeks clash with your mob
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Old Redback wrote:
swannsong wrote:

Hopefully the fella doing the post game speech showed a bit more appreciation to the travelling support that propped up the bar and canteen than he did the last time the Downs visited....

Yes after the free food, a few free beers and wishing Downs well on their quest for the league I believe he singled you out to thank you personally and wish you well for the operation but you didn't show
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

legga wrote:Heard the Parafield had 3 sent off with the hot head being one of them....Bring on next week ar Argy Park......Good old bungers doing us a favour
Vale had nothing to do with the ref thought it was Valentine's Day!!
Every Rat has his day !!

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Hopefully the fella doing the post game speech showed a bit more appreciation to the travelling support that propped up the bar and canteen than he did the last time the Downs visited....[/quote]

Yes after the free food, a few free beers and wishing Downs well on their quest for the league I believe he singled you out to thank you personally and wish you well for the operation but you didn't show[/quote]
I'm sure the three of you home supporters appreciated his 'jokes' - his wisecracks and smart muscat remarks from last visit cost you a few extra through the door this time. Not really bothered what you have to say in defence - happy to let you crawl back to div 2 so we don't get a week off of having a contest next season.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Old Redback wrote:Hopefully the fella doing the post game speech showed a bit more appreciation to the travelling support that propped up the bar and canteen than he did the last time the Downs visited....

Yes after the free food, a few free beers and wishing Downs well on their quest for the league I believe he singled you out to thank you personally and wish you well for the operation but you didn't show[/quote]
I'm sure the three of you home supporters appreciated his 'jokes' - his wisecracks and smart muscat remarks from last visit cost you a few extra through the door this time. Not really bothered what you have to say in defence - happy to let you crawl back to div 2 so we don't get a week off of having a contest next season.[/quote]

Hop your boys got home safely
Are you Bodo in disguise?

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

Brahma v Florina
As 12-1
Bs 7-1
Cs 4-2 I think
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Guess Who wrote:
Bomber wrote:Div 5: Polonia 4 Adult Eleven 0 (abandoned near end, 3 red cards to AE, wanted to kill ref so game called off, usual same old apparently).
No one really cares and its div 5 what do you expect
I think the ref might have cared a bit and this is a results thread ain't it?
Ignore this signature

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Knight15 wrote:

Hop your boys got home safely
Much appreciated

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

On behalf of brahma lodge we hope the lad from the Florina c team is okay. And has a speedy recovery. From what appeared to be a fractured eye socket.
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Old Redback wrote: I'm sure the three of you home supporters appreciated his 'jokes' - his wisecracks and smart muscat remarks from last visit cost you a few extra through the door this time. Not really bothered what you have to say in defence - happy to let you crawl back to div 2 so we don't get a week off of having a contest next season.
Old Redback... As an extremely proud Downs Life Member and now helping out in many ways at Southern Knights (and the SAASL), I find your comments both derogatory and arrogant.
Particularly from someone who wasn't on board the Downs when they were struggling to establish themselves in Division One and dropping to Division 3 in 1989 or didn't have the excellent clubrooms and following they now have.
Humility has obviously vanished from much of the current Downs psyche.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

swannsong wrote:
Old Redback wrote: I'm sure the three of you home supporters appreciated his 'jokes' - his wisecracks and smart muscat remarks from last visit cost you a few extra through the door this time. Not really bothered what you have to say in defence - happy to let you crawl back to div 2 so we don't get a week off of having a contest next season.
Old Redback... As an extremely proud Downs Life Member and now helping out in many ways at Southern Knights (and the SAASL), I find your comments both derogatory and arrogant.
Particularly from someone who wasn't on board the Downs when they were struggling to establish themselves in Division One and dropping to Division 3 in 1989 or didn't have the excellent clubrooms and following they now have.
Point taken Swann but do you not think that my reaction was in response to previous comments that were made that were perceived as 'derogatory and arrogant'? YOU, as you are at pains to regularly remind us all, have a foot in both camps and would certainly not have condoned them. Where I was in 1989 is irrelevant.
Ultimately I would like your club to get bigger and stronger so that at least there is a C grade - that would benefit the league AND your club.
I will be back and buy a beer as I don't hold a grudge, not for long anyway :D
You know fine well that humility is live and well at the Downs but it is certainly worth remembering that humility is a two way street. Whilst in the subject of history the club has improved both on and OFF the park since 1989 as the many families there will attest.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Old Redback wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Point taken Swann but do you not think that my reaction was in response to previous comments that were made that were perceived as 'derogatory and arrogant'? YOU, as you are at pains to regularly remind us all, have a foot in both camps and would certainly not have condoned them. Where I was in 1989 is irrelevant.
Ultimately I would like your club to get bigger and stronger so that at least there is a C grade - that would benefit the league AND your club.
I will be back and buy a beer as I don't hold a grudge, not for long anyway :D
You know fine well that humility is live and well at the Downs but it is certainly worth remembering that humility is a two way street. Whilst in the subject of history the club has improved both on and OFF the park since 1989 as the many families there will attest.
Where were the previous comments you refer to in this thread, I have no idea what you are referring to and don't care to know, they are as irrelevant to me as 1989 is to you ?
I guess they were dragged into the commentary by a 'grudge'.
I am often at odds with comments from our own spectators, often venting that achieves very little but animosity.
As usual, I went out of my way to make the Downs welcome yesterday on behalf of the Knights and you put the Club down...hence I take it personally and why I replied.
Unfortunately, even if we could raise a C-Team we would be struggling to find pitch time at our shared complex...issues many Northern teams have to deal with.
Knights are only 22 seasons old, when Downs Seniors were 22 years old they were relegated back to Division 2....since that time Downs have gone from strength to strength...

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

For someone who claims he "don't care to know" you are making a big deal of it.
Let's put it to bed, comments were made in the past. My objections have been noted and now we can leave it in the past as we have now all moved on.
Good luck to the knights for the rest of the season.

We Done Ya
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by We Done Ya »

Anyone know the SPOC v Cougars game yesterday?

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by kramerica »

We Done Ya wrote:Anyone know the SPOC v Cougars game yesterday?
Got washed out, due to rain.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Downs flogged parafield in the As 7 or 8 zip. Ressies won. Cs lost

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

kramerica wrote:
We Done Ya wrote:Anyone know the SPOC v Cougars game yesterday?
Got washed out, due to rain.
Are you sure it was due to rain?