Craig Laird's Sunday Premier Division Round Up 9

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

manu1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Craig Laird's Sunday Premier Division Round Up 9

Post by manu1 »

League Round 9 - Match of the Day
A Stoppage time goal has helped 10 men Salisbury Inter earn a point in a 1-1 draw with Parafield Gardens at Bradman Oval.
Gardens came into the game in 2nd place having won their last six matches in the league while Inter were looking to win two games in a row in the league for the first time this season.
Inter had a great opportunity to take the lead on two minutes when Marcus Marchiorio cut in from the left before playing in Cesk Mandi who scuffed his shot wide.
Both sides struggled to create clear cut opportunities but on 31 minutes Gardens took the lead through a Simon Catanzaro free kick which eluded everyone in the box before finding the far corner of the net.
After the hour mark Gardens Salli Turson had a shot saved and moments later Inter’s Matt Marchiorio headed just wide from a Matt Centrone free kick.
On 73 minutes the task was made even harder for Salisbury inter when Chris Fleming was sent off for a 2nd yellow card but to the visitors credit they lifted and started to dominate proceedings.
On 80 minutes Rio Leotomu had a great opportunity to equalise but he failed to keep his close range header down as it flew over the bar.
In the 90th minute Inter’s Russell Deeley charged into the box but his goal bound effort was turned around the post by Gardens keeper Kieren Griffiths.
The resulting Centrone corner was then flicked on finding substitute Boree Kieng at the back post who headed home sparking wild celebrations amongst the Inter support and earning Inter a deserved point.
Inter coach Steve Cook “I think we definitely deserved the point. I was really proud of the boy’s efforts, they dug in and got rewarded.”

TOP of the table Elizabeth Downs have left it late to defeat Ingle Farm 1-0 in a hard fought encounter at Walkleys Oval.
The 3rd to bottom Farm were well organised and up for the fight but on 75 minutes the championship favourites struck when a ball into the box was scrambled home by Scott Lindsay.
Farm created some good chances in a scrappy game and could consider themselves unlucky to finish with nothing to show for their efforts.
Downs coach Alan Mottram “Sometimes you need to win messy, today was one of those for us”.

SALISBURY Florina have consolidated 3rd spot with a 3-2 win over Para Hills East in an open affair at Underdown Park.
Florina took a 9th minute lead thanks to a fine solo run from Brad Docherty who finished his chance after rounding the keeper and it was 2-0 to the home side on 25 minutes when Jason Trimboli was on hand to slot the ball home from 10 yards.
Tyler Winn brought Easties back into the game when he lobbed the keeper from 20 yards on 28 minutes and on 35 minutes Jack Wegener scored from the penalty spot after Florina were reduced to 10 men.
The winner came on 75 minutes when Trimboli was felled in the box and he stepped up to drive the ball home from the spot kick as Florina secured a crucial three points.
Florina coach Jeff McCormack “17 points at the half way mark is very pleasing.”

ELIZABETH Vale have moved to 5th on the table after a 2-1 win over Southern Knights at Southern Knights Oval.
After a scoreless first half the travelling Vale took the lead on the hour when Jimmy Greaves cut the ball back from the right hand side finding the experienced Chris Nicholls who took his chance coolly.
The Vale extended their lead on 70 minutes when Steve Orange beat the offside trap before sliding his shot past Fraser McLean in Knights goal.
Knights, despite striking the crossbar three times, continued to fight and grabbed a lifeline on 75 minutes through the ever dangerous Tom Foglia but it was too little too late for Knights who have now lost seven straight in the league.
A Dominant 1st half display has seen Brahma Lodge run out 4-1 winners over the bottom placed Modbury Vista at Cockburn Green.
Lodge opened the scoring through a Michael Mullen pass which found Lewis Vallelonga who slotted his chance.
The lead was doubled when a Peter McDermott header was parried into the path of Jarred Foster who fired home and Foster was at it again just before the break when he fired the ball home at the near post as Lodge led 3-0 at half time.
Lodge sealed the game on 70 minutes when Foster secured his hat trick while Vista grabbed a late consolation goal.
Lodge coach Ryan Mogg “It was nice to get a win and we look forward to building on that in the 2nd half of the season.”

jim.mcguinness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Craig Laird's Sunday Premier Division Round Up 9

Post by jim.mcguinness »

thanks for the write up craig , I enjoy reading this every week , regards Jim

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Yes, thanks Craig, I do also.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

+ 1
Ignore this signature

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

B.Toomer wrote:Yes, thanks Craig, I do also.
+1 I would also like to add for the Vista game that Vista were the better team in the 2nd half but couldn't convert their chances - unfortunately had 1 goal disallowed by the young linesman for some unknown infringement and Brahma's 4th goal was offside but not picked up by the other young linesman ( the scorer was about 1 m offside).

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

churchill wrote:
+1 I would also like to add for the Vista game that Vista were the better team in the 2nd half but couldn't convert their chances - unfortunately had 1 goal disallowed by the young linesman for some unknown infringement and Brahma's 4th goal was offside but not picked up by the other young linesman ( the scorer was about 1 m offside).
.......and they got 4 lucky break away goals?

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Old Redback wrote:
churchill wrote:
.......and they got 4 lucky break away goals?
I know its only amateur league but I'd expect the linesman to apply the basics of the laws of the game - when a player is a 1 metre offside surely he can make the judgement call of offside rather than let play go on - its frustrating and a waste of time watching this league.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

churchill wrote: I know its only amateur league but I'd expect the linesman to apply the basics of the laws of the game - when a player is a 1 metre offside surely he can make the judgement call of offside rather than let play go on - its frustrating and a waste of time watching this league.
Watched a few FFSA games this year, the same frustrations exist....life goes on :)
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook