Rd 2 Cup Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

The Preacher
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Rd 2 Cup Results

Post by The Preacher »

A's Adelaide Uni 0-2 Florina
B's Florina 6-5 Angle Vale ( Played Friday Night )
"To Preach is to TEACH"

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Rd 2 Cup Results

Post by chunky-monkey »

Adelaide Villa vs Modbury Vista
1 - 1
2 - 2 ET
4 - 5 Pens

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

2 all at full time, AET - USC Lion 2 Angle Vale 3

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Challenge Cup
St Peters 1-2 Parafield

Reserves Cup
Parafield 0-3 Old Ignatians
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

brushmancity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brushmancity »

Downs res 5 v 0 Pumas
Close game for the first team!
Downs 22 v 0 Hahndorf.
Full marks to the Hahndorf team especially their goalie who produced some great saves. They never gave up never lost their temper and but for the score was a great game.

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

When was kick off in the Downs game ???
"Every 4 minutes"

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Farm 2 - Ghan 1

Ghan took the lead part way through the 2nd half, this was prob fair enough but stung farm into life. Equaliser came 1 min later and winner about 10 mins after that. Was only one team going to win once farm got going but ghan gave them a run for their money.

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eric the great »

PHE
A's 8-0 vs Monarchs
B's 16-1 vs Blue Eagles
When seagulls follow a trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

chunky-monkey wrote:Adelaide Villa vs Modbury Vista
1 - 1
2 - 2 ET
4 - 5 Pens

Great win against a once great Saturday team now bleeding.
Pudler struggling to get his boys firing.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Res: Vista 1 Sturt 4

A's: knights 0 jets 7

moonshine3
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by moonshine3 »

redwin did you watch the vista v villa game ??

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

moonshine3 wrote:redwin did you watch the vista v villa game ??

No Earl I didn't.
You wouldn't be too happy with your mob atm. Can't seem to get a win.
I'm sure the lads would be getting some kind words at half time and trainings like the old days.

Word on the street is your looking to move North anyways.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

ABE 0 Inter 15
Inter 8 Athelstone 2
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

God is an Englishman wrote:A's: knights 0 jets 7
:shock:
Time for some righteous indignation

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stitch This wrote:
all 7 goals scored by people in Knights shirts as well .

Cheap Kitchens
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cheap Kitchens »

I'm guessing something to do with a change strip.
Quote me !

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

redwin wrote:
chunky-monkey wrote:Adelaide Villa vs Modbury Vista
1 - 1
2 - 2 ET
4 - 5 Pens

Great win against a once great Saturday team now bleeding.
Pudler struggling to get his boys firing.
Come on Polyester Puds get them boys fired up....
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
all 7 goals scored by people in Knights shirts as well .
Yes, Jets forgot their kit, I believe we could have been awarded the win, however we were already missing 7 players so a cup run was the last thing we needed
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Match of the Day
PARA Hills West have comeback from two goals down to defeat West Beach 3-2 at Manor Farm Reserve.
Both sides came into the game in good league form with Para Hills West sitting top of Sunday Division 2 with West Beach three points behind in 2nd place.
The 1st half failed to reach any heights with both sides struggling to carve out any clear chances but that was all to change in a thrilling 2nd half.
Beach looked like they had booked a spot in the 3rd round draw after scoring twice after the break but with 15 minutes left on the clock Para Hills West grabbed a lifeline when Matthew Pilcher was on hand to slide home from close range.
Five minutes later Para were awarded a penalty which Kurtis Cracknell converted and in the 85th minute Cracknell scored again with a goal worthy of winning any game when he fired the ball home to the delight of the home crowd.
Para Hills West coach Matthew Iacovino “I was so proud of the character the boys showed to comeback. It was really pleasing that we didn’t panic, kept our shape and got the result.”

IN OTHER GAMES….

BEN McMullen scored eight goals in Elizabeth Downs 22-0 rout of Saturday Division 3 team Hahndorf at Argana Park.
Billy Allotey started the scoring on eight minutes and the Downs never stopped scoring from that point as they went to the break 9-0 up before adding 13 in the 2nd half.
McMullen scoring the goal of the game in the last minute with a superb overhead kick as he finished with eight goals while Allotey scored four.

SIX time Challenge Cup winners Elizabeth Vale have moved into round 3 with a hard fought 2-0 win over Adelaide Wanderers at Moflin Road.
Striker Mark Burbridge made it 1-0 on the stroke of half time when he headed home from a corner and on the hour Burbridge scored again when he bundled the ball in from close range.

TWO 2nd half goals have proved enough for Salisbury Florina to advance 2-0 over Adelaide Uni at Adelaide Uni Oval.
Luke Singlewood opened the scoring with a shot from close range while Brad Docherty sealed the win with a shot that deflected past the Uni keeper.

PARA Hills East has maintained their recent good form with a convincing 8-0 win over Monarchs at Para Hills Oval.
Easties never allowed their Saturday 3rd Division opponents to settle as the led 3-0 at the break before running away in the 2nd half. For East Tyler Winn, Jake McCabe and Tim Watson all netted twice.

PARAFIELD Gardens outlasted SPOC to win 2-1 at Lloyd Oval with goals from Alban Martini and Brendon McConnell.

CUP Holders Brahma Lodge progressed with a comfortable 3-0 win over 2015 finalist Sturt Marion while Ingle Farm were made to work for a 2-1 win over Ghan United.

CESK Mandi netted four goals and Nathan Pettit three as Salisbury Inter thumped MSSC Blue Eagles 15-0 while Modbury Vista knocked out Adelaide Villa 5-4 on penalties.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Knight15 wrote:Yes, Jets forgot their kit, I believe we could have been awarded the win, however we were already missing 7 players so a cup run was the last thing we needed
Really?

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Gabon wrote:Match of the Day
PARA Hills West have comeback from two goals down to defeat West Beach 3-2 at Manor Farm Reserve.
Both sides came into the game in good league form with Para Hills West sitting top of Sunday Division 2 with West Beach three points behind in 2nd place.
The 1st half failed to reach any heights with both sides struggling to carve out any clear chances but that was all to change in a thrilling 2nd half.
Beach looked like they had booked a spot in the 3rd round draw after scoring twice after the break but with 15 minutes left on the clock Para Hills West grabbed a lifeline when Matthew Pilcher was on hand to slide home from close range.
Five minutes later Para were awarded a penalty which Kurtis Cracknell converted and in the 85th minute Cracknell scored again with a goal worthy of winning any game when he fired the ball home to the delight of the home crowd.
Para Hills West coach Matthew Iacovino “I was so proud of the character the boys showed to comeback. It was really pleasing that we didn’t panic, kept our shape and got the result.”

IN OTHER GAMES….

BEN McMullen scored eight goals in Elizabeth Downs 22-0 rout of Saturday Division 3 team Hahndorf at Argana Park.
Billy Allotey started the scoring on eight minutes and the Downs never stopped scoring from that point as they went to the break 9-0 up before adding 13 in the 2nd half.
McMullen scoring the goal of the game in the last minute with a superb overhead kick as he finished with eight goals while Allotey scored four.

SIX time Challenge Cup winners Elizabeth Vale have moved into round 3 with a hard fought 2-0 win over Adelaide Wanderers at Moflin Road.
Striker Mark Burbridge made it 1-0 on the stroke of half time when he headed home from a corner and on the hour Burbridge scored again when he bundled the ball in from close range.

TWO 2nd half goals have proved enough for Salisbury Florina to advance 2-0 over Adelaide Uni at Adelaide Uni Oval.
Luke Singlewood opened the scoring with a shot from close range while Brad Docherty sealed the win with a shot that deflected past the Uni keeper.

PARA Hills East has maintained their recent good form with a convincing 8-0 win over Monarchs at Para Hills Oval.
Easties never allowed their Saturday 3rd Division opponents to settle as the led 3-0 at the break before running away in the 2nd half. For East Tyler Winn, Jake McCabe and Tim Watson all netted twice.

PARAFIELD Gardens outlasted SPOC to win 2-1 at Lloyd Oval with goals from Alban Martini and Brendon McConnell.

CUP Holders Brahma Lodge progressed with a comfortable 3-0 win over 2015 finalist Sturt Marion while Ingle Farm were made to work for a 2-1 win over Ghan United.

CESK Mandi netted four goals and Nathan Pettit three as Salisbury Inter thumped MSSC Blue Eagles 15-0 while Modbury Vista knocked out Adelaide Villa 5-4 on penalties.

I think its some of his misses that will cause him some grief at training this week :D
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Knight15 wrote:Yes, Jets forgot their kit, I believe we could have been awarded the win, however we were already missing 7 players so a cup run was the last thing we needed
Really?
Yes, what else could have happened if they didn't have a kit? My understanding is the referee said it was up to us, personally I'd prefer to play and lose than win by forfeit
Are you Bodo in disguise?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Knight15 wrote:
Really?
Yes, what else could have happened if they didn't have a kit? My understanding is the referee said it was up to us, personally I'd prefer to play and lose than win by forfeit
They could have worn bibs, they could have all worn their club polo shirts...

Either way, I'd say you did the right thing.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Can I ask a question about club participation?

Last round Downs lost 9-0 to Northern Wolves but this round won 22-0.

So, one must assume both their Saturday As and Sunday As were included this season.

I find this strange. Shouldn't each club just be represented once in the competition at both levels and that's it?

Last season in the Collegiate League, ROCS played themselves in the cup final - which is laughable. Surely we don't want something like that in the SAASL?
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ontheblackburner wrote:Can I ask a question about club participation?

So, one must assume both their Saturday As and Sunday As were included this season.

I find this strange. Shouldn't each club just be represented once in the competition at both levels and that's it?

Last season in the Collegiate League, ROCS played themselves in the cup final - which is laughable. Surely we don't want something like that in the SAASL?
Adelaide Uni, oisc are two that I can think of that also have more than one side in the cup. Don't see it as a big deal, the players are cup tied if they play for one of the sides so what's the big deal?

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Adelaide Uni, oisc are two that I can think of that also have more than one side in the cup. Don't see it as a big deal, the players are cup tied if they play for one of the sides so what's the big deal?
It's not a big deal but i just think its strange that one club can be part of the same cup comp with multiple teams.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

OISC haven't entered their Div 4 side in the cup for about 3 seasons now.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Slinky_Pete wrote:

OISC haven't entered their Div 4 side in the cup for about 3 seasons now.
Pretty sure they did this year

EDIT: No, it was possibly a forfeit loss

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Docherty out at Florina..
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Really?
Something similar happened to Noarlunga's FFSA Under18 a few seasons back...the opposition wouldn't lend them a kit and took the 3 points on forfeit.
Strip has to be numbered so bibs and un-numbered club polos wouldn't either.
But we're not like that :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook