GHAN UNITED

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: GHAN UNITED

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

redwin wrote:
Broonaldo\0/ wrote: Camels? casual aussie racism at its finest...
Orakle isn't Aussie. Don't insult Aussies mate!
fair call, regardless of where Orakle is from he/she should perhaps drag themselves out of the Neolithic age mentality.
HAIL HAIL

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

What nationality are these camels in Pt Pirie?

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

I haven't asked them, next time i go to Savoy Park ill be sure to keep an eye out for these "camels". but after some pretty loose research on camels in Australia it looks like they were imported from Arabia, India and Afghanistan during the 19th century....
HAIL HAIL

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Broonaldo\0/ wrote:I haven't asked them, next time i go to Savoy Park ill be sure to keep an eye out for these "camels". but after some pretty loose research on camels in Australia it looks like they were imported from Arabia, India and Afghanistan during the 19th century....
So they were probably born here then, so Australians are being racist to Australians.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Broonaldo\0/ wrote:I haven't asked them, next time i go to Savoy Park ill be sure to keep an eye out for these "camels". but after some pretty loose research on camels in Australia it looks like they were imported from Arabia, India and Afghanistan during the 19th century....
So they were probably born here then, so Australians are being racist to Australians.
Or are they being 'animalistic' - camels are people to you know!
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

haha you're clearly one of the most intellectually challenged people on this forum.
HAIL HAIL

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Broonaldo\0/ wrote:
haha you're clearly one of the most intellectually challenged people on this forum.
Here's some research for you.

A camel is at breeding age about 5 years of age, pregnancy lasts for around a year.

If the camels were brought here in the 19th century, that's at least 118 years ago. Making these camels on the pitch at Pt Pirie somewhere between 10th and 19the generation Australians. It would bee racist to not suggest they were clearly Australians.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

THE ORAKLE wrote:oy. get them bloody camels off the pitch. :wink:
Why would White City have camels on their pitch?
Time for some righteous indignation

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Stitch This wrote:
Their pitch is quite bumpy

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Stitch This wrote:
Source of meat for their chevapichi?
It's all in the Delivery!

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

hey you lot carnt you take a joke. I bet you don't know why kiwis don't take their wives to the cricket either. :wink:

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

THE ORAKLE wrote:hey you lot carnt you take a joke. I bet you don't know why kiwis don't take their wives to the cricket either. :wink:
oy stop beating your wife :P
Time for some righteous indignation

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

How many Fed players can you spot?

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Where's Bomber saying there is no proof or only a photo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They cheat, they cause trouble, they add nothing

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Knight15 wrote:Where's Bomber saying there is no proof or only a photo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you poor fellow. Can you provide dates to each photo? I gather legal process and burden of proof isn't your forte.
Ignore this signature

Vietnam Vet
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Vietnam Vet »

filthy fukkers

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Bomber wrote:
Knight15 wrote:Where's Bomber saying there is no proof or only a photo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you poor fellow. Can you provide dates to each photo? I gather legal process and burden of proof isn't your forte.
White City dugout photo is this year.
Not sure about the Ghan team photo.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

dawiseone
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by dawiseone »

Sounds like some of you might be jealous you can't play 2 games a week or wanted by 2 clubs.
Those who are able and willing to play, should be able to.
Stupid rule in my opinion.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

dawiseone wrote:Sounds like some of you might be jealous you can't play 2 games a week or wanted by 2 clubs.
Those who are able and willing to play, should be able to.
Stupid rule in my opinion.
I agree, we should only follow rules we agree with.

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

We played Ghan yesterday and the keeper in question wasn't in goals for them. I cant say who was in goals for the ressies as i wasnt there.
HAIL HAIL

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Bomber wrote:

To be honest your right, not sure if you have been involved with any team that has played them but lets just say 'where there is smoke there is fire'. Agree it's not 'proof enough', just previous history has me believing

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Bomber wrote: proof isn't your forte.
I believe Knight15 is older than that :o
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

rightly or wrongly it would seem that certain teams can and do get away with all this. others can not and wouldent think of trying. it does seem a shame that these clubs are happy to circumvent the rules that they obviously have decided don't apply to them. the longer it goes on unchecked will only encourage them. only the league can police this and should stop it ASAP if for no other reason but to establish their cred again. :roll:

Asahara Shōkō
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Asahara Shōkō »

theorakle wrote:rightly or wrongly it would seem that certain teams can and do get away with all this. others can not and wouldent think of trying. it does seem a shame that these clubs are happy to circumvent the rules that they obviously have decided don't apply to them. the longer it goes on unchecked will only encourage them. only the league can police this and should stop it ASAP if for no other reason but to establish their cred again. :roll:
Did you get banned again?
Apparently Knight15 finds me attractive

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

theorakle wrote:rightly or wrongly it would seem that certain teams can and do get away with all this. others can not and wouldent think of trying. it does seem a shame that these clubs are happy to circumvent the rules that they obviously have decided don't apply to them. the longer it goes on unchecked will only encourage them. only the league can police this and should stop it ASAP if for no other reason but to establish their cred again. :roll:
Went out to watch our C2s play Adelaide Great Wall at Grange on Sunday, what an experience! There was an animated home referee who kept throwing his head back in despair whenever Great Wall missed a chance, or a through ball was overhit. He kept speaking to the home players in another language, and judging by the way the 'bench' was reacting, he was asking them how long to go throughout the second half. Even though the game started after 11:40am, we played until 1:20pm, he even told us there was 6 minutes left and proceeded to play another 4 minutes after that 6. In terms of actual refereeing performance, he certainly wasn't the worst.

Best bit of the day was Adelaide Great Wall started with 11 blokes, all in the same kit, and one running the line. 5 minutes before half time a few more walked over in full red kits, then a few in red shirts and black shorts and then about 8 more in red shirts, yellow shorts and yellow socks. By full time the first XI (minus the keeper) had been subbed off for these blokes, who were coming and going before running over to the change rooms to get ready for what we presume was their reserves game. We counted at least 20 blokes used in the game.

At no point did they produce a team sheet, our team couldn't even give our team sheet to the referee. It's making a mockery of the league that this can continue to happen week in, week out, and if someone were to get seriously injured (be it deliberately or accidentally) where do teams stand with insurance?

This isn't a dig at the players, they were absolutely fine on the field, but you cannot have 20+ players playing in a game it's just not fair.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Asahara Shōkō wrote:
Did you get banned again?
wtf is wrong with you. you have a dig at anything I write. what do you get out of it. do you just come on here to snipe at people :?: as you add nothing constructive to any debate. dunno why you bother. :roll:

Cheap Kitchens
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cheap Kitchens »

Was he having a dig or merely asking a question? You forgot to answer it by the way.
Quote me !

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Poor Quality wrote:Was he having a dig or merely asking a question? You forgot to answer it by the way.
he is always having a dig. I don't slag anyone, that's not the reason I post here. I just don't understand why people do this. oh by the way my post answers the :?:

Asahara Shōkō
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Asahara Shōkō »

Yes or no?
Apparently Knight15 finds me attractive