Saturday Div 6

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Saturday Div 6

Post by Right Back »

Thread dedicated to anything and everything to the lowly Saturday Div 6, good luck to all!

Round 1:

BOSA v Red Blue Eagles
Cobras v Titans
Flinders v Gleeson
Prince Alfred v OISC
Stirling v Wanderers

KimTF06
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Saturday Div 6

Post by KimTF06 »

Has the BOSA/RBE been played yet?
Come on Flinders!

berbatov
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by berbatov »

BOSA once again playing home games on monday night?

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

berbatov wrote:BOSA once again playing home games on monday night?
SAASL website says Saturday 11:30 still

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

berbatov wrote:BOSA once again playing home games on monday night?
I hope they consulted with the opposition team before making such a decision. :lol:

villian
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by villian »

I bet they'll rack up three or four of these games until the end of the season and then bring in some players from higher grades if they're in the mix for the premiership. Unsportsmanlike if you ask me.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

villian wrote:I bet they'll rack up three or four of these games until the end of the season and then bring in some players from higher grades if they're in the mix for the premiership. Unsportsmanlike if you ask me.
it is classed as unsportsmanlike conduct under the competition rules to do this when games are not played at original time set by league i.e. played as a catch up

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Gristy wrote:
villian wrote:I bet they'll rack up three or four of these games until the end of the season and then bring in some players from higher grades if they're in the mix for the premiership. Unsportsmanlike if you ask me.
it is classed as unsportsmanlike conduct under the competition rules to do this when games are not played at original time set by league i.e. played as a catch up
Are they allowed to use players from a higher grade if said players have already played in that round already

Eg playing on a Monday night for the C's after having played A or B the previous Saturday?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Right Back wrote:
Gristy wrote:
Are they allowed to use players from a higher grade if said players have already played in that round already

Eg playing on a Monday night for the C's after having played A or B the previous Saturday?
Yes

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Right Back wrote:
Gristy wrote: it is classed as unsportsmanlike conduct under the competition rules to do this when games are not played at original time set by league i.e. played as a catch up

Yes
SAASL reg 14B

"No club shall use in its Reserve or Thirds team, a player who is a regular first team player. For the purpose of interpreting this sub-rule, a regular first team player is one who has played 80 per centum of games in the first division as at the time of completion of 80 per centum of the prescribed fixtures, (calculated to the nearest whole game). Where there is good reason to suspect a breach of this rule the club will be charged with misconduct and if the Disciplinary Committee finds the charge sustained the offending club shall forfeit the match in which a player is used and may, in addition, be subject to additional penalty or penalties. This rule is only applicable to catch up fixtures where the senior team is not playing."

So I read that as until after 80% of games are completed i.e. after round 14 (rounds 1-13 anyone can play) and this rule only applies to first team players who's played 12 or more games, and unlimited stacking of B players in C catch up fixtures appears to be acceptable...

And that assumes the league determines a Monday night fixture as a catchup, if they dont but conider it a scheduled fixture in which case the rule wont apply at all

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I make it Round 15 but apart from that, you're right.

KimTF06
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KimTF06 »

Result 8th April
Sterling 2- Flinders 2
Come on Flinders!

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

RBE 6 - 3 Cobras
Gleeson 0 - 3 BOSA
OISC 6 - 1 Wanderers
PAC 3 - 2 Titans

OISC racing ahead after round 2

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Anyone know the score of the game between BOSA and Cobras which was meant to be played last night at Charles Cane?