Referees performance

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

getyourheaddown
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Referees performance

Post by getyourheaddown »

Not often you hear praise for the man in the middle particularly from me. I thought that the young ref in today's game Brahma v Farm had a very good one. The sign of a good performance is they are rarely heard or noticed out there and that was the case today. Well done

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Referees performance

Post by Guiseppe »

How about the Vista vs Gardens ref! Terrible for both teams!

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Guiseppe wrote:How about the Vista vs Gardens ref! Terrible for both teams!
I agree - the 2nd yellow card ( hence red) to the MV player was most unfair as as he clearly won the ball and there was minimal contact with the PG player that got shot down by one of the erstwhile snipers in the trees ? Terrible referee performance today but in my experience that's usually implied in the amateur league.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

I thought the ref in the First Team game Knightd v Florina was very good, and we lost
Are you Bodo in disguise?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

need to encourage younger refs into the game. unfortunately they are generally put off by the amount of abuse the guys doing the job currently get. :roll:

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

getyourheaddown wrote:Not often you hear praise for the man in the middle particularly from me. I thought that the young ref in today's game Brahma v Farm had a very good one. The sign of a good performance is they are rarely heard or noticed out there and that was the case today. Well done
Funny this was posted as after the game we were sure to let him know he had a good game. Very level headed for a young man. Even Dave kenewll (sp) had to agree. Hats off kid
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Vista v Gardens B's had the young lady that quite often runs the line in 1st team games and I reckon she did an excellent job, easily one of the better refs you'll get in a ressies game.
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

churchill wrote:
I agree - the 2nd yellow card ( hence red) to the MV player was most unfair as as he clearly won the ball and there was minimal contact with the PG player that got shot down by one of the erstwhile snipers in the trees ? Terrible referee performance today but in my experience that's usually implied in the amateur league.

The ref didn't actually pay a free kick for that, the linesman flagged it and instructed the ref to book him. He obviously saw something for the ref to give a 2nd yellow for something he didn't see himself.

Can't blame the ref, Vista didn't take their chances and gardens managed to take one of theirs.
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

The referee at Munno vs Ghan was fantastic, had total control of the game. took no cheek from anyone and sent 2 ghan players off for dissent. if you're travelling away to Savoy this season beware their linesman in both As and Bs is a blatant cheat.
HAIL HAIL

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Mr Football wrote:
churchill wrote:

The ref didn't actually pay a free kick for that, the linesman flagged it and instructed the ref to book him. He obviously saw something for the ref to give a 2nd yellow for something he didn't see himself.

Can't blame the ref, Vista didn't take their chances and gardens managed to take one of theirs.
In any case it looked like a soft yellow card and I not blaming the referee for the match result - just fed up with the poor standard of the referees in the amateur league.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

agreed with BL V IF ref. heard he's come from feds or higher?

A few refs watching his progress on sunday
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

problem is most of the time the ref will only please half the crowd. by and large its not his bloody fault. he should be the only one there who shouldn't care less who wins as his job is just to control the game. :|

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Be grateful. I heard a Collegiate ref on the weekend banned any slide tackling and then called a free kick when a played slid to prevent a ball going out for a throwin.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe