Final Round - Saturday Div 1-4

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Final Round - Saturday Div 1-4

Post by RowePark »

Few things to play for around the grounds tomorrow. i think i got this right, some of the lower leagues are confusing as they have not many teams / games!.

Div 1A
-------
BOSA - Champions
AUSC need at least a draw to secure runners up or may need to play their cathcup if SPOC get up.

Stirling - Despite two games in hands, almost certainly relegated
Wanders or Jets will join them depending on results. Jets may need to use their game in hand.

Div 1B
--------
SPOC - Champions
AUSC with the game in hand will have a shot regardless of BOSA or Wanders results.

Div 2A
---------
Villa/Cougars/OISC/Titans all chasing the title. Villa will be favourites to keep top spot against Hahndorf, but who knows which way the results will go. They have been lucky losing more than any other team int he top 4 with results going their way, so maybe their luck will run out?

Torrens Valley / Hahndorf - Relegated

Div 2B
--------
Draw may not be good enough for RB Eagles to take out another reserve champsionship, with Titans and OISC on their tails.

Div 3A
--------
PAOC Champions.
OTH will need a win to secure runner up

Murray Bridge - Relegated
Pitbulls v McLaren Districts at the bottom of the table, pitbulls will need a win to stay up

Div 3B
---------
Flinders - Chmpions
PAOC or Pitbulls will be runners up depending on results, PAOC just one point ahead, so pitbulls will need to win for a chance.

Div 4A
--------
Burundi, Northern Wolves, MU Stars all still in the chase for top two positions.

Div 4B
---------
Flinders - Champions
S Breakers - Runners Up

Dils001
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Final Round - Saturday Div 1-4

Post by Dils001 »

I am from Murray Bridge United and we have called league regarding relegation for this season. We were informed this would be a decision made by the committee, however the recommendation will be that Budapest & Chin count towards relegation (Both were pulled from the league in a dismal year for Div 3), meaning none of the 8 teams on the league table will be relegated.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Dils001 wrote:I am from Murray Bridge United and we have called league regarding relegation for this season. We were informed this would be a decision made by the committee, however the recommendation will be that Budapest & Chin count towards relegation (Both were pulled from the league in a dismal year for Div 3), meaning none of the 8 teams on the league table will be relegated.
Yes interesting, perhaps no division 4 at all if some teams go to CSL or others pull out. surely so many teams without reserves in the lower leagues is not ideal.

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Gristy wrote:
Dils001 wrote:I am from Murray Bridge United and we have called league regarding relegation for this season. We were informed this would be a decision made by the committee, however the recommendation will be that Budapest & Chin count towards relegation (Both were pulled from the league in a dismal year for Div 3), meaning none of the 8 teams on the league table will be relegated.
Yes interesting, perhaps no division 4 at all if some teams go to CSL or others pull out. surely so many teams without reserves in the lower leagues is not ideal.
Time for 3 divisions of 12 teams...
FSC

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Div 1A
-------
BOSA - Champions
AUSC need at least a draw to secure runners up or may need to play their cathcup if SPOC get up.
Sterling apparently are not playing any catch up games

Toffeeman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Toffeeman »

Gristy wrote: Div 2A
---------
Villa/Cougars/OISC/Titans all chasing the title. Villa will be favourites to keep top spot against Hahndorf, but who knows which way the results will go. They have been lucky losing more than any other team int he top 4 with results going their way, so maybe their luck will run out?

Torrens Valley / Hahndorf - Relegated
Worth mentioning Villa have also WON more games than any in the top 4 ...

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

[quote="Gristy"]Few things to play for around the grounds tomorrow. i think i got this right, some of the lower leagues are confusing as they have not many teams / games!.

Div 2B
--------
Draw may not be good enough for RB Eagles to take out another reserve champsionship, with Titans and OISC on their tails.

I must say RB Eagles are going for the 3 peat, something rare and something historical for the club.

2014 DIV 3 RESERVES CHAMPIONS
2015 DIV 3 SENIORS & RESERVES CHAMPIONS (RESSIES UNDEFEATED)
2016 DIV 2 ???? TIME WILL TELL

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Good luck today bud