Saturday Div 6

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

ceebs
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Saturday Div 6

Post by ceebs »

Any news on when the BOSA v RB Eagles game will be played?

Also, anyone know the result of Cobras v Brahma from the weekend?

Flying Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Saturday Div 6

Post by Flying Fox »

ceebs wrote:Any news on when the BOSA v RB Eagles game will be played?

Also, anyone know the result of Cobras v Brahma from the weekend?
Cobras/Brahma to be played sometime next month I believe

ceebs
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ceebs »

Why was the Cobras / Brahma game postponed?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Wasn't the point of this weekend to be used for any catch up games?

That said, would you want to play Brahma on a week when their Sunday teams don't have a game?

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

i can't see the arbe bosa game being played anytime soon as they wont want to play saturday then monday. End of the day the game may not need to be played unless it affects the league and that may be sorted before the game can be played in both cases. ARBE might do an athelstone and forfeit at the end of the season handing the title to Bosa.

Flying Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Flying Fox »

ceebs wrote:Why was the Cobras / Brahma game postponed?
From what I understand it was a feck up from the League. We kick off all out home C games at 11.15am. When the fixture was released at the start of the year, there was a few marked as starting later. Someone from Cobras committee emailed SAASL to ask for 11.15am home games across the board, and was granted this request. This obviously wasn't conveyed to Brahma. Nor were all the games changed in resultsvault.

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

AL K HOLIC wrote:i can't see the arbe bosa game being played anytime soon as they wont want to play saturday then monday. End of the day the game may not need to be played unless it affects the league and that may be sorted before the game can be played in both cases. ARBE might do an athelstone and forfeit at the end of the season handing the title to Bosa.
Given their relative positions in the league this fixture could very well impact the outcome if OISC drop a couple....

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Right Back wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:i can't see the arbe bosa game being played anytime soon as they wont want to play saturday then monday. End of the day the game may not need to be played unless it affects the league and that may be sorted before the game can be played in both cases. ARBE might do an athelstone and forfeit at the end of the season handing the title to Bosa.
Given their relative positions in the league this fixture could very well impact the outcome if OISC drop a couple....

well like i said, if required the game will be played. Last year RBE were shafted in a similar situation, the Raptors had a game up their sleeve against athelstone and they needed a win for the league, athelstone forfeited and handed them first spot.

Loretta Jones
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Loretta Jones »

AL K HOLIC wrote:
Right Back wrote:
well like i said, if required the game will be played. Last year RBE were shafted in a similar situation, the Raptors had a game up their sleeve against athelstone and they needed a win for the league, athelstone forfeited and handed them first spot.
Did you beat them (raptors) both home and away?
Read 'em and weep boys

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

one each