Results Vault

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Results Vault

Post by fowler_23 »

So the league have sent out an email demanding all teams have their squads entered for each game absolutely no later than 17/6 otherwise they will be fined..

Will teams comply? seems like they cant get some Div 1 teams doing it let alone the rest!!!! :shock: :lol: :?:

"It is important that these lists be completed from League Round 1 to the Present and beyond.
by no later than 5.00pm Friday the 17th June 2016 any clubs failing to comply could be faced with substantial fines if after that date they have still not entered team lists."
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Baseball Bill
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Results Vault

Post by Baseball Bill »

Some teams may require a translator.
Giving always takes its toll

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

we are sorted as its not too hard, but they need to remove the fines and add in forfeits or point deductions as per other leagues like csl, as its the only way people will start to listen.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

What happens if you change your squad on game day?

ie someone doesn't turn up so a player from another squad (within your club) is picked?
It's all in the Delivery!

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Gristy wrote:we are sorted as its not too hard, but they need to remove the fines and add in forfeits or point deductions as per other leagues like csl, as its the only way people will start to listen.
I agree 100% with this, but the SAASL will never do that because they don't like upsetting people
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getinthere »

What if don't train till Friday night and don't know the squads yet

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

They need to be finalised before the league gets the teamsheets

They can change after the game in line with teamsheets

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

You list 20 players and then go back in after the game and remove who didn't play matching the team sheet, it's not rocket science.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

AL K HOLIC wrote:You list 20 players and then go back in after the game and remove who didn't play matching the team sheet, it's not rocket science.
it sounds sciency
Im closer than you think

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Getinthere wrote:What if don't train till Friday night and don't know the squads yet
The games have already happened, so you should really know your squads

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

still 2 teams in Sunday Div 1 that are not compliant with SAASL direction - Elizabeth Downs and Parafield Gardens.
4 teams in Sunday Div 2 - Angle Vale, Ghan utd, Macedonia and Pontian Eagles.

All Saturday Div 1 teams are compliant and only 2 from Saturday Div 2 aren't - Cougars and MA Hawks

Ned
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ned »

Squad lists? Who dreamed that up. And people want to hand out fines forfeits and point deductions.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Don't understand the issue, it's pretty simple and takes no more than a few minutes to do.

Is there a deadline to have it done before a game?

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

God is an Englishman wrote:Don't understand the issue, it's pretty simple and takes no more than a few minutes to do.
not sure about before a game but the deadline to have team lists all up to date from rounds 1-7 is tomorrow and they are still not up to date though!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

fowler_23 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Don't understand the issue, it's pretty simple and takes no more than a few minutes to do.
not sure about before a game but the deadline to have team lists all up to date from rounds 1-7 is tomorrow and they are still not up to date though!
As you said above, we're up to date :-)

Just concerned going forward as to what time we are supposed to have them going up before games. We're normally up by Friday night but the person doing it is going overseas and needs to train someone or cover it while he's away.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
fowler_23 wrote:

Just concerned going forward as to what time we are supposed to have them going up before games. We're normally up by Friday night but the person doing it is going overseas and needs to train someone or cover it while he's away.
I think it just has to be done prior to kick off to be honest but im not 100% sure

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

quote="fowler_23"]
God is an Englishman wrote:
fowler_23 wrote:

I think it just has to be done prior to kick off to be honest but im not 100% sure[/quote]

squad in prior to kick off as best you can, score has to be in by 7pm so whoever is doing the score, just tell them to make sure team matches team sheet.