Cup Round 2 results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Cup Round 2 results

Post by English »

Reserves: Southern Knights 1:10 Para Hills East

Absolute masterclass today, Knights fought back well after being 3-0 down early, and controlled the game from about 25th to half time, late first half goal deflated them. All one way traffic in the second half. Your 'coach' might be better served spending less time whinging, and trying to banter the opposition supporters (who couldn't hear him) and more time praising his team. No wonder half that team who I spoke to said they didn't like playing for him. Cheers to the Easties fans who made the trip, safe to say the referee was a joke again, missing a clear penalty for Knights, and missing countless basic free kicks. No wonder games get out of control when he is in charge.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

THRU TO ROUND 3

SENIORS
SUNDAY

Mawson Lakes
Modbury Vista
Salsbury Florina
Ghan Utd
Brahma Lodge
Elizabeth Vale
Para Hills West
Elizabeth Grove
Parafield Gardens
Salisbury Inter
Elizabeth Downs
Ingle Farm
Tea Tree Gully City
SATURDAY
Adel Uni
BOSA
Old Ignatians

RESERVES
SUNDAY

Salisbury Florina
Ingle Farm
Parafield Gardens
West Beach
Macedonia Utd
Elizabeth Downs
Brahma Lodge
Para Hills East
Pontian Eagles
SATURDAY
Modbury Jets
Stirling
Flinders Uni
Adelaide Uni
Adel Wanderers
Adel Pumas v St Peters ?
Croydon Cougars
Last edited by Robbo on Mon May 30, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

saintpompom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by saintpompom »

swannsong wrote:
saintpompom wrote:Great effort by Southern Knights for not opening the bar for the 50 odd Easties peeps that made the coach trip down there today.

On a positive note the steak roll from the canteen was very tasty.
Thanks for that...apologies....we are a relatively small Club that was stretched between O'Sullivan Beach and Elizabeth Grove today....we also had a clash with South Adelaide Pink Panthers and they had the main pitch for 3 games today...I would have thought they might have opened the bar today as they run the canteen where the profits go to them.
The bar itself is run by the complex (Knights generally open it and man it on Sunday) and the profits go to the complex...
All good bud, we went back to the coach and grabbed the eskies haha.
Shame you were stretched as it would have been a good day for the till for you guys.

saintpompom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by saintpompom »

English wrote:Reserves: Southern Knights 1:10 Para Hills East

Absolute masterclass today, Knights fought back well after being 3-0 down early, and controlled the game from about 25th to half time, late first half goal deflated them. All one way traffic in the second half. Your 'coach' might be better served spending less time whinging, and trying to banter the opposition supporters (who couldn't hear him) and more time praising his team. No wonder half that team who I spoke to said they didn't like playing for him. Cheers to the Easties fans who made the trip, safe to say the referee was a joke again, missing a clear penalty for Knights, and missing countless basic free kicks. No wonder games get out of control when he is in charge.
What opposition supporters?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

saintpompom wrote:

I think he means yourself and the rest of the Easties folk :)
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Agreed with you summary, a few simple errors and a great save from your keeper at the end of the first half 'flattered you', second half, way too good, we changed to an attacking formation and you picked us off with ease

Hope the guy that hit the post (with his leg) is ok and apologies as Swanny said re the Bar - after losing 1-10, I was desperate for a beer

Look forward to hosting you with a full bar in a few months (if I'm still in charge :D )
Are you Bodo in disguise?

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Knight15 wrote:

Agreed with you summary, a few simple errors and a great save from your keeper at the end of the first half 'flattered you', second half, way too good, we changed to an attacking formation and you picked us off with ease

Hope the guy that hit the post (with his leg) is ok and apologies as Swanny said re the Bar - after losing 1-10, I was desperate for a beer

Look forward to hosting you with a full bar in a few months (if I'm still in charge :D )
Please don't remind our keeper about the save, was hard enough getting his head onto the bus! All the best for the season, and see you in a about a month.

Just out of interest, do you guys ever get to play on the bigger pitch, or is that Panther's if they are at home?

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

We book the 'main pitch' at the start of the season for all home games, however this doesn't cover the cup - if the First Team were at home they would have played on the main pitch, we will play on that pitch when you travel down later in the year
Are you Bodo in disguise?

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Knight15 wrote:We book the 'main pitch' at the start of the season for all home games, however this doesn't cover the cup - if the First Team were at home they would have played on the main pitch, we will play on that pitch when you travel down later in the year
Playing on the main pitch later on in season? Is it a better quality surface? How small are the measurements on that pitch we played on? Isn't as bad as Vista's small pitch at least!

That's all I got for my twenty questions session.

saintpompom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by saintpompom »

swannsong wrote:
saintpompom wrote:

I think he means yourself and the rest of the Easties folk :)
My bad I read that all wrong, with sober eyes tonight I can read it properly now.

Your number 10 was good value in the first half, loved our banter and came back with some good ones as well.