A League Final

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: A League Final

Post by Knight15 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Jonesy5 wrote:Another benny hill moment for the league, just move all the Sunday games to Saturday night or Friday night... although if they don't I'm sure a few teams will just forfeit which will result in fines = more money for the league
Can't see what the league have done wrong here. If I was a Sunday team drawn at home, I'd be kicking up a fuss if we couldn't play on the date the draw has allowed us to.

Maybe we would have players out as well but then that's up for us to make the decision as to whether to try to find an agreement with the opposition.

You've signed up for a competition where games are played on a Sunday, if you don't like it and you can't come to an agreement - then you forfeit and take the fine.

Couldn't agree more we drew 2 Saturday teams asked our players if they wanted it moved and then asked the league and opposition- the league are happy if we can get referees
Are you Bodo in disguise?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Knight15 wrote:
Jonesy5 wrote:Another benny hill moment for the league, just move all the Sunday games to Saturday night or Friday night... although if they don't I'm sure a few teams will just forfeit which will result in fines = more money for the league
Can't see what the league have done wrong here. If I was a Sunday team drawn at home, I'd be kicking up a fuss if we couldn't play on the date the draw has allowed us to.

Maybe we would have players out as well but then that's up for us to make the decision as to whether to try to find an agreement with the opposition.

You've signed up for a competition where games are played on a Sunday, if you don't like it and you can't come to an agreement - then you forfeit and take the fine.

Couldn't agree more we drew 2 Saturday teams asked our players if they wanted it moved and then asked the league and opposition- the league are happy if we can get referees
It's fairly simple really. I'm sure if a club approached you in the same manner and asked to change a venue then you'd be more than happy to oblige.

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

People also pay for season tickets to watch there local team Adelaide United and how often will they get to watch a grand final at Adelaide oval again? thats just my opinion though

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Jonesy5 wrote:People also pay for season tickets to watch there local team Adelaide United and how often will they get to watch a grand final at Adelaide oval again? thats just my opinion though
Season tickets are not valid for this game so not really relevant.

However, I agree. Adelaide United and the FFA organising a game at a time when the local leagues are playing. Very silly of them really. Later kick off solves all the problems.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Jonesy5 wrote:People also pay for season tickets to watch there local team Adelaide United and how often will they get to watch a grand final at Adelaide oval again? thats just my opinion though

However, I agree. Adelaide United and the FFA organising a game at a time when the local leagues are playing. Very silly of them really. Later kick off solves all the problems.
But the FFA do not recognize the SAASL ... Adelaide United do not organise the game day or time .. it is a contractual agreement between Foxtel and FFA .....

FFSA have cancelled all games that start 12pm onwards this Sunday

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bloodypassit wrote:

But the FFA do not recognize the SAASL ... Adelaide United do not organise the game day or time .. it is a contractual agreement between Foxtel and FFA .....

FFSA have cancelled all games that start 12pm onwards this Sunday
Cancelled or postponed?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

postponed

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

It's fairly simple really. I'm sure if a club approached you in the same manner and asked to change a venue then you'd be more than happy to oblige.[/quote]

Not all clubs oblige, many see it as an easy option to the next round, two years in a row now I know a club who have drawn a Sunday Div1 team vs a lower Sat Div team and both years they have not helped to allow the visitors to bring a full squad. At the end of the day the changes were based on their squad availability not both.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

AL K HOLIC wrote:It's fairly simple really. I'm sure if a club approached you in the same manner and asked to change a venue then you'd be more than happy to oblige.
Not all clubs oblige, many see it as an easy option to the next round, two years in a row now I know a club who have drawn a Sunday Div1 team vs a lower Sat Div team and both years they have not helped to allow the visitors to bring a full squad. At the end of the day the changes were based on their squad availability not both.
Why do they have to help the visitors to bring a full squad?
Last edited by English on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kichise Michiko
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Kichise Michiko »

I was thinking the same thing.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

they don't, I was commenting from this - It's fairly simple really. I'm sure if a club approached you in the same manner and asked to change a venue then you'd be more than happy to oblige - clubs do not oblige is my point. I think considering the circumstances the SAASL should assist with all Sunday games and clubs should be made to accommodate a move (especially if they have lights and can host a midweek game) Even moving time slots doesn't help because people want to see lead up and get to game with plenty of time.

Spoiler Alert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spoiler Alert »

AL K HOLIC wrote:they don't, I was commenting from this - It's fairly simple really. I'm sure if a club approached you in the same manner and asked to change a venue then you'd be more than happy to oblige - clubs do not oblige is my point. I think considering the circumstances the SAASL should assist with all Sunday games and clubs should be made to accommodate a move (especially if they have lights and can host a midweek game) Even moving time slots doesn't help because people want to see lead up and get to game with plenty of time.
It may not suit the other team to play midweek. Changing the venue may not be that big a deal by changing the time or day may not suit your opposition.

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

You can laugh at all this.
I wander what the Saasl committee will be doing on Sunday at 330pm?
The Saasl will not come out and state that all games after noon are postponed as that would mean they are helping their rivals.
You will have some saying that the Div 1 Sunday match is more important then an A league grand final.

One thing is for sure, Saasl will not acknowledge the A league grand final.

Very very frustrating. We have a long way to go before we are even semi United.

How can soccer grow when we are so divided. No hope for us in the long run unless things change.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Not everyone is a Adelaide United supporter so why should they care?

They don't postpone all games in London if Spurs are playing.

Spoiler Alert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spoiler Alert »

POLONIAROCS wrote:You will have some saying that the Div 1 Sunday match is more important then an A league grand final.
There isn't one this weekend.

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

Spoiler Alert wrote:
POLONIAROCS wrote:You will have some saying that the Div 1 Sunday match is more important then an A league grand final.
There isn't one this weekend.
Apologies. Yes it's a cup round.

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

God is an Englishman wrote:Not everyone is a Adelaide United supporter so why should they care?

It's an A league grand final. The country's biggest game. No game of soccer should be going ahead at the same time. No matter who you support.

But when you are not united this is what happens

Spoiler Alert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spoiler Alert »

Firstly, it's football, and secondly clashes are less likely to happen if the FFA scheduled their season in the traditional football season for this country.

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Spoiler Alert wrote:Firstly, it's football, and secondly clashes are less likely to happen if the FFA scheduled their season in the traditional football season for this country.
Wouldn't they then happen every week...?
FSC

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

POLONIAROCS wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Not everyone is a Adelaide United supporter so why should they care?

It's an A league grand final. The country's biggest game. No game of soccer should be going ahead at the same time. No matter who you support.

Games go ahead in England at the same time as the FA Cup Final and they're united.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

POLONIAROCS wrote:You can laugh at all this.
I wander what the Saasl committee will be doing on Sunday at 330pm?
The Saasl will not come out and state that all games after noon are postponed as that would mean they are helping their rivals.
You will have some saying that the Div 1 Sunday match is more important then an A league grand final.

One thing is for sure, Saasl will not acknowledge the A league grand final.

Very very frustrating. We have a long way to go before we are even semi United.

How can soccer grow when we are so divided. No hope for us in the long run unless things change.
How can soccer/football be united with volatile, uninformed statements from observers such as yourself ?
Every statement you seem to issue forth on this forum is anti-SAASL and somewhat childlike.
We, most who compete in the SAASL follow the game...not the governing bodies.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Spoiler Alert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spoiler Alert »

Andy1991 wrote:
Spoiler Alert wrote:Firstly, it's football, and secondly clashes are less likely to happen if the FFA scheduled their season in the traditional football season for this country.
Grand finals? I thought there was only one.

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Spoiler Alert wrote:
Andy1991 wrote:
Grand finals? I thought there was only one.
You just said clashes, not specifically with Grand Finals.

Plus if you run the season that way, the Grand Final would likely clash with the final day of the season or the Cup Finals...That would be great fun.
FSC

Spoiler Alert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spoiler Alert »

Andy1991 wrote:
Spoiler Alert wrote:Grand finals? I thought there was only one.
It was in response to the previous post. I'm sorry you failed comprehension at school.

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Spoiler Alert wrote:
Andy1991 wrote:
Spoiler Alert wrote:Grand finals? I thought there was only one.
It was in response to the previous post. I'm sorry you failed comprehension at school.
So you're just ignoring the part about how your suggestion would actually make things worse?
FSC

Spoiler Alert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spoiler Alert »

It might clash, it could just as easily be a week later. Having it at this time of year would mean it will clash on any weekend.

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

Spoiler Alert wrote:It might clash, it could just as easily be a week later. Having it at this time of year would mean it will clash on any weekend.
Should be a Saturday night.

Cadenza
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cadenza »

POLONIAROCS wrote:

Games go ahead in England at the same time as the FA Cup Final and they're united.
I think you will find that the FA Cup Final in England is played in a different time slot (last few years being the evening) to ALL other games. So no they don't go ahead at the same time..

Cadenza
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cadenza »

I think the least clubs could do if they can't move the day is play the games earlier on the Sunday. If they have A's and B's playing cup rounds at Home on the same day, then start first one at 9.00am, second one at 11.00am.

Apart from forcing everyone to get up earlier that day, no other inconvenience in booking pitches/referees/etc..

Would allow around an hour to get to the A-league final in time..

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Cadenza wrote:I think the least clubs could do if they can't move the day is play the games earlier on the Sunday. If they have A's and B's playing cup rounds at Home on the same day, then start first one at 9.00am, second one at 11.00am.

Apart from forcing everyone to get up earlier that day, no other inconvenience in booking pitches/referees/etc..

Would allow around an hour to get to the A-league final in time..
And this is a solution for clubs with FFSA affiliated juniors how?
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78