SAASL Behind on Regos

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

SAASL Behind on Regos

Post by gooner4life »

A Club official of Flinders Soccer Club who was just at SAASL headquarters to pick up some new player cards, has been told that they are only still processing rego's from last Wednesday ( 30th Feb) as such he left empty handed.

He was told by the league that we are able to field any players for round one whose paper work we had submitted, even though we don't have cards for them, and that if there are any issues or problems that opposing teams are to contact the league.

He is going to try an notify our opposition of this situation, but we also wanted to put this here to make everyone aware of the situation as I am sure with such a back log we will not be the only club looking to play registered (but with out cards) players in this round.

Thanks.
“We do not buy superstars. We make them.”
Arsene Wenger

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SAASL Behind on Regos

Post by RowePark »

yes we have 1 player at least in same situation, had sent my wife down as well she wasn't happy!

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

Same. We got 4 cards to pick up. Was told wednesday then friday now ring at 4pm. Maybe they should open more than 3 days a week this week.
Last edited by dj_no.1 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

dj_no.1 wrote:Same. We got 4 cards to pick up. Was told wednesday then friday now ring at 4pm. Maybe they should open more than 3 days a week this week.
they have been at the league every day for the last 2 weeks ... the doors only open 3 times a week

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

Well its a debacle
Last edited by dj_no.1 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

absolutely appalled
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by absolutely appalled »

Couldn't hire more help with $1.5mill in the bank?

Sean's
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sean's »

I was in on Wednesday and was lucky to get all our player cards. Seem to have new ladies working the front office now. What happened to Olga and Denise?
2011 - Saturday Division 4 Champions
2010 - Port Elliot Pre-season cup winners

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

absolutely appalled wrote:Couldn't hire more help with $1.5mill in the bank?
clubs do their own in edjsa, bit smoother too

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

Well some of the clubs hat have a reputation for "bringing" in players will have a field day in round 1. I thought the rules state no cards no game???

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Karmann Ghia wrote:Well some of the clubs hat have a reputation for "bringing" in players will have a field day in round 1. I thought the rules state no cards no game???
read your competition rules and regulations 2016 guide

danmccaff
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by danmccaff »

Well West beach & Downs jumped ahead of the weekend, didn't worry about cards and played out a 1-1 draw in 1st game.

this result is showing on SAASL Website ..... I'm guessing its not a true result.
Good to see everything is firing on all cylinders :)
That was a glitch with the website - I contacted the InteractSport support service and they have repaired the error.

I'm still having a bit of trouble using the 'Team Selections' part of the site though - hopefully it all works on Sunday...

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

danmccaff wrote:
Well West beach & Downs jumped ahead of the weekend, didn't worry about cards and played out a 1-1 draw in 1st game.

this result is showing on SAASL Website ..... I'm guessing its not a true result.
Good to see everything is firing on all cylinders :)
That was a glitch with the website - I contacted the InteractSport support service and they have repaired the error.

I'm still having a bit of trouble using the 'Team Selections' part of the site though - hopefully it all works on Sunday...

Yeah I saw it was fixed so I deleted my post.
At the end of it all there will still be Football !!
It wasn't Bad but its Far from Good !

BlueBalls
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BlueBalls »

We're the same at Blue Eagles, had to go into the cup weekend having heart attacks that we wouldn't be able to field two teams. But the refs were very understanding of the whole situation... if teams are feeling dodgey about players at some clubs, surely a driver's license/ID card checked against details on results vault will suffice (bit farfetched, I know)
Last edited by BlueBalls on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must have had 99 percent of the game. It was the other three percent that cost us the match."- Ruud Gullit

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

absolutely appalled wrote:Couldn't hire more help with $1.5mill in the bank?
........amongst fixture balls up it seems all is business as usual at SAASL.................
Ignore this signature

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Was down there today...understandable with the last minute rush of registrations and new office people, combined with a new system....our regos went smoothly considering the amount of paperwork traffic going on...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

swannsong wrote:Was down there today...understandable with the last minute rush of registrations and new office people, combined with a new system....our regos went smoothly considering the amount of paperwork traffic going on...
Sadly I got to see some Jets passes and therefore photographs. I even saw a regular forumite, known for his baldness, WITH HAIR! Question is, how often should photos be updated??
Ignore this signature

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Bomber wrote:
swannsong wrote:Was down there today...understandable with the last minute rush of registrations and new office people, combined with a new system....our regos went smoothly considering the amount of paperwork traffic going on...
Sadly I got to see some Jets passes and therefore photographs. I even saw a regular forumite, known for his baldness, WITH HAIR! Question is, how often should photos be updated??
Drivers licenses/passports only change every 5 or 10 years...agree though, should be as recent as possible.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

swannsong wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Drivers licenses/passports only change every 5 or 10 years...agree though, should be as recent as possible.
I'd dispute the bloke I know compared to his photo if I were confronted with it during a card check. So what happens then? I know but whether it justifies it....
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Gristy wrote:yes we have 1 player at least in same situation, had sent my wife down as well she wasn't happy!
I was behind your wife in the queue then as I was behind the lady from Mawson Lakes