Adelaide Budapest

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

absolutely appalled
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Adelaide Budapest

Post by absolutely appalled »

Gristy- half the clubs you mentioned in the Sunday ins section are existing clubs??? New clubs in vs clubs out paints a different picture
Last edited by absolutely appalled on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

absolutely appalled
Apprentice
Apprentice

God is an Englishman wrote:
absolutely appalled wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:The issue was about players not money.

Why should SAASL help one club at not all of them? sorry, but Budapes are a good club and sad to see them go but I don't pay my fees to support other clubs.
With 1.5mill they could help all the clubs for the next few decades... And should another well established long standing member of saasl need help they could be there to help them too. I understood the issue was players/ volunteers however if the club was in a position to waive fees a new generation could have come in kept Budapest alive. Long shot but still better then just letting them die off?
In that case, my club is struggling can we have some money.
AFL and A league would be dead and buried if you were in charge ! And yes if your club was genuinely struggling you should get some help! what else are the saasl going to spend there treasure chest on if not to give back to the clubs that support them?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

absolutely appalled wrote:Gristy- half the clubs you mentioned in the Sunday ins section are existing clubs??? New clubs in vs clubs out paints a different picture
He asked teams not clubs

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

AFL and A league would be dead and buried if you were in charge ! And yes if your club was genuinely struggling you should get some help! what else are the saasl going to spend there treasure chest on if not to give back to the clubs that support them?
How do you know we're not genuinely struggling? Or more importantly how would SAASL know who is genuinely struggling?

absolutely appalled
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do you know we're not genuinely struggling? Or more importantly how would SAASL know who is genuinely struggling?
If your club is struggling ask for help from saasl - if it's not congratulations I hope the club prospers and doesn't ever require help ... after all without the clubs the saasl wouldn't exist. as for how they would know, would be much like the afl knowing about the Melbourne demons or the A league knowing about half the leagues clubs that they have had to take over at one point or another.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

If your club is struggling ask for help from saasl - if it's not congratulations I hope the club prospers and doesn't ever require help ... after all without the clubs the saasl wouldn't exist. as for how they would know, would be much like the afl knowing about the Melbourne demons or the A league knowing about half the leagues clubs that they have had to take over at one point or another.
When have the afl ever helped out a club because they didn't have enough players?

Flesh Eating Troll
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Flesh Eating Troll »

God is an Englishman wrote:When have the afl ever helped out a club because they didn't have enough players?
I'm sure David Koch will tell you they don't.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

God is an Englishman wrote:When have the afl ever helped out a club because they didn't have enough players?
They call it Draft pick preferences in AFL :)
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Cosiosko
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cosiosko »

Sad to see the club go under - hoping they can return as they cooked a mean BBQ! :)

Used to 'love to hate' the old guy who smoked while running the lines!!

Does anyone know if a team will be added to Div 3 or will there be a bye round?
@Cosiosko on Twitter

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

basically players wouldn't go there because of guys like paulie, yet at the same time no one would help so they could release guys like paulie, which unfortunately created a very bad stigma for the club.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Seeing the cabernet Melbourne have produced the last five years, bet they regret ever helping them out

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Cosiosko wrote:Sad to see the club go under - hoping they can return as they cooked a mean BBQ! :)

Used to 'love to hate' the old guy who smoked while running the lines!!

Does anyone know if a team will be added to Div 3 or will there be a bye round?
Mean bbq? Must have improved in the last few seasons :lol:

absolutely appalled
Apprentice
Apprentice

swannsong wrote:
- Essendon didn't have a enough players this season, instead of just letting them die the afl bent the rules to accomodate a long established club during a tough time.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

swannsong wrote:
- Essendon didn't have a enough players this season, instead of just letting them die the afl bent the rules to accomodate a long established club during a tough time.
Haha...letting them die :lol: ....all that would happen would be they might not be competitive for a few years...I don't think they would lack supporters, staff or, for that matter..players...provided they stayed away from syringes and tablets.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

swannsong wrote:
Did the advertise for players for them?

Did the give them money?

I'm sure SAASL would have let them sign extra players the same as the afl did

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

I remember Budapest actually Burnside Budapest before they joined Campbelltown City and died from the Federation. A great club some great history. Sad to see them go, following other great clubs like Austria & Malta

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Soccer-Mad wrote:I remember Budapest actually Burnside Budapest before they joined Campbelltown City and died from the Federation. A great club some great history. Sad to see them go, following other great clubs like Austria & Malta
46 years ago in 1970...

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

I think having a nationality connection (a strong one) can hinder clubs, don't get me wrong it can be a great connection but it seems many of these clubs eventually die, young and old. Our club is an Italian club but from a far you wouldn't know, yet a name like Budapest or Beograd states what it is. USC are a Ukranian club at roots but many wouldn't know it until you got there and saw the signs, and game day is far from a Ukranian culture. Don't get me wrong nationality clubs who want to hold their roots can and do thrive, but again if that club doesn't have a solid foundation (home for many years) and is in the right area to generate new blood it won't survive, unless they change the clubs path while keeping and acknowledging it's history, let's be honest, how many Hungarians live around Mansfield Park.

OnTheBench
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by OnTheBench »

AL K HOLIC wrote:I think having a nationality connection (a strong one) can hinder clubs, don't get me wrong it can be a great connection but it seems many of these clubs eventually die, young and old. Our club is an Italian club but from a far you wouldn't know, yet a name like Budapest or Beograd states what it is. USC are a Ukranian club at roots but many wouldn't know it until you got there and saw the signs, and game day is far from a Ukranian culture. Don't get me wrong nationality clubs who want to hold their roots can and do thrive, but again if that club doesn't have a solid foundation (home for many years) and is in the right area to generate new blood it won't survive, unless they change the clubs path while keeping and acknowledging it's history, let's be honest, how many Hungarians live around Mansfield Park.

How far do you have to go not to see that you guys are Italian??

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

SCP wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:I think having a nationality connection (a strong one) can hinder clubs, don't get me wrong it can be a great connection but it seems many of these clubs eventually die, young and old. Our club is an Italian club but from a far you wouldn't know, yet a name like Budapest or Beograd states what it is. USC are a Ukranian club at roots but many wouldn't know it until you got there and saw the signs, and game day is far from a Ukranian culture. Don't get me wrong nationality clubs who want to hold their roots can and do thrive, but again if that club doesn't have a solid foundation (home for many years) and is in the right area to generate new blood it won't survive, unless they change the clubs path while keeping and acknowledging it's history, let's be honest, how many Hungarians live around Mansfield Park.

How far do you have to go not to see that you guys are Italian??
pretty far cos we got some awesome noses.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

wouldn't that mean you wouldn't have to go that far then?

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

This is true. Imagine if these clubs were in the national comp. What sort of future could they possibly have?

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

astonvilla91 wrote:
PASC wrote:
POLONIAROCS wrote:It is sad news. My question is the following:

How can clubs like San Marco and Budapest just non exist in 2016? There has to be more to it then just saying this division won't suit us etc

I personally fear for many clubs. The next generation are not interested in taking on responsibility and putting in hours of volunteer work.

More and more clubs will shut down over the years.
Amen!!! age of entitlement coming right through now, the lefties have had their way with society and this is what happens, some people cannot see past their own nose to give a shite about putting in a bit for the greater good of a group/club/community etc
The entire basis of the left/communism is the removal of individuality in favour of the greater good of the community. What the shiraz are you talking about?
Well it's not fking working out well is it ...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.