Sunday Div 3 2016 - Results, News, Banter

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Div 3 2016 - Results, News, Banter

Post by Hatchet Squad »

n8 wrote:The well and truly are up to date with it! And it doesn't apply to next
Year....I got sent off Saturday for a challenge with a striker...straight red and a penalty....even though i was standing still and striker ran through me....even the opposition agreed yellow ar worst amd a penalty.....the ref was the head ref of the league and we spoke about it after the game and explained to me he didn't want to send me off and It was harsh but it was the laws of the game and knew about the rule change and said it doesn't apply to next year due to our season starting....
Gristy wrote:
sweaty bollocks wrote:A's Seaford 2 - 0 Croatia
B's Seaford 2 - 2 Croatia

Seaford A's keeper was very very lucky not to be sent off in the first few minutes for cleaning up our striker outside the box, one on one, last man was definitely a red card. That's football sometimes.

Anyway thanks to Seaford for 2 good matches today and the hospitality after the match, from one of only two English lads at Croatia, the food was ace, HP SAUCE as well. :D

All the best for the rest of the season.
Last man rule has changed this week although I doubt saasl referees are up to date with it.
We've had that ref. He is absolutley clueless.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Noarlunga Utd v Payneham - Draw
Munno Para v Unley Utd - Munno Para
Adel Croatia v Plympton B/Dogs - Plympton
Athelstone v Seaford - Seaford
Para Hills Lions v MSSC Bl/Eagles - Para Hills
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Noarlunga Utd v Payneham -
Munno Para v Unley Utd - Munno Para
Adel Croatia v Plympton B/Dogs - Plympton
Athelstone v Seaford - Seaford
Para Hills Lions v MSSC Bl/Eagles - Para Hills

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ressies
Athelstone 3 - 6 Seaford

First team
Athelstone 0 - 5 Seaford

After putting Athelstone to the sword to the tune of 5 goals at half time, I think we sub consciously took the foot off the gas. Athelstone did not offer much up top and often left their skipper and forward too isolated. Our keeper made a couple of saves but apart from that had a very quiet afternoon. Was very surprised after the game, it appeared that not one Athelstone player came in for a drink.
Athelstone appear to be blowing hot and cold after some very mixed results so far. Its going to be an interesting league with every team capable of a result each week. We now look forward to testing ourselves against Elizabeth Vale in the cup this week. Should be great prep for the first southern derby of the year when we host Noarlunga at home the week after.

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

A's Croatia 1 - 5 Plympton
B's Croatia 2 - 1 Plympton

A's 0-0 at half time with possession 50/50 with chances going either way, fairly even first half.
Second half Plympton managed to score 2 early goals and stepped it up and saw them add a few more with some errors at the back and we ran out of legs and ideas going forward. However our sub who ran his heart out when he came on, managed to get a goal back, but was all too late. Not our day again.
Credit to the Plympton lads who stepped up a gear second half, well deserved win. While we continue our search for our first win of the season.

Thanks to the Plympton lads for hanging around for a few beers after the match.

B's 2-1
Pretty even match, hard and physical but we sealed the win.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Plympton v Athelstone
Unley Utd v Para Hills Lions
Payneham v Munno Para
Seaford v Noarlunga
Blue Eagles v Croatia

Any tips this week Lingy?

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

I will provide some tips

Plympton v Athelstone
Payneham v Munno Para
Seaford v Noarlunga - draw
Blue Eagles v Croatia

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Plympton v Athelstone
Payneham v Munno Para
Seaford v Noarlunga
Blue Eagles v Croatia

yeah .... ORAKLE to annoy the crap out of me

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote:
Payneham v Munno Para
Seaford v Noarlunga
Blue Eagles v Croatia

better things to do

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
Payneham v Munno Para
Seaford v Noarlunga
Blue Eagles v Croatia

better things to do
Seaford vs Noarlunga - will be a good old battle .... good to see Seaford assisting with the Lachie Murrell fundraiser .. Im sure ORAKLE will pay the gold coin donation to enter the ground tomorrow

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Plympton v Athelstone - Plympton
Unley Utd v Para Hills Lions - Draw
Payneham v Munno Para - Munno Para
Seaford v Noarlunga - Do I need to tell you
Blue Eagles v Croatia - Croatia

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Plympton v Athelstone - Plympton the form side at the moment , Athelstone very hot and cold
Unley Utd v Para Hills Lions - Para Hills too strong too good too much banter for the Unley cafe boys
Payneham v Munno Para - Munno Para to maul Payneham
Seaford v Noarlunga - Football to be the winner - Bleachy Weston to score the winner in his best week of his life
Blue Eagles v Croatia - Draw

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:Plympton v Athelstone - Plympton the form side at the moment , Athelstone very hot and cold
Unley Utd v Para Hills Lions - Para Hills too strong too good too much banter for the Unley cafe boys
Payneham v Munno Para - Munno Para to maul Payneham
Seaford v Noarlunga - Football to be the winner - Bleachy Weston to score the winner in his best week of his life
Blue Eagles v Croatia - Draw
If Noarlunga were to knock us off then I would be gutted but genuinely pleased for him. He's a top lad; he should be playing for Seaford though :D

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Any tips this week Lingy?[/quote]

yeah .... ORAKLE to annoy the crap out of me[/quote]

better things to do[/quote]

Seaford vs Noarlunga - will be a good old battle .... good to see Seaford assisting with the Lachie Murrell fundraiser .. Im sure ORAKLE will pay the gold coin donation to enter the ground tomorrow[/quote]

so someone reckons im a tightarse hey. :shock:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ressies
Seaford 0 - 0 Noarlunga
A heated exchange is what we expected and a heated exchange is what we got. Some seriously tasty challenges were being flung around by both sets of players and for a second I thought it was Chelsea v Spurs
Last edited by Hatchet Squad on Tue May 10, 2016 9:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Couldnt post an A team run down agaonst Noarlunga last week as the site was having issues. Lets not dwell on the past. We wanted it more and were better on the day. 3-0 and 3 points.

Ressies
MP 5 - 2 Seaford
Clearly our worst performance of the season as a team. We couldn't string 10 yard passes together and some of our defending was very average. Credit to MP, they pounced on our errors and took full advantage. Some great defending by their little centre half kept the score down and an absolute peach of a goal got them their last. Good luck for the year.

First team
MP 3 - 3 Seaford

Tough hard fought game. Both teams played the game the right way with some good ball movement across the park. Thought we did enough just to shade it but thats football unfortunately. Thanks to MP for the feed after the game. Those sausage rolls were the bomb. Great bunch of lads and good luck for the rest of the season.
"Get it in the mixer"

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

A's: Para Hills 2 -2 Croatia

Probably a fair result. We (Croatia) up 1-0 just before the break with stalwart Steve Dominic (Craig Foster - Fozz) scoring his first goal in about 20 years!. Para Hills equalised not long after the second half, then got a dubious pen and converted, we got a late goal back with the 'Bulldozer' slotting home a decent shot, the ref showed one of players a straight red card , for a 50/50 tackle, probably a yellow at best. However we held on for a draw.

B's: Para Hills 5-0 Croatia

One way traffic really, red card in the first half didn't help us at all.
Heated match, but the ref handled it well.

Pearsey05
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Pearsey05 »

Dubious Penalty :shock: :lol: and 50/50 for a two footed stud showing potential leg breaker, straight red every time what were you doing on these two incidents? let me take a guess... itching your sweaty nuts :P .

Lions were the better side but created few clear chances and we blew it again in the final minute to a well taken goal.

One of the better refs to date as well.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Couldnt post an A team run down agaonst Noarlunga last week as the site was having issues. Lets not dwell on the past. We wanted it more and were better on the day. 3-0 and 3 points.
No arguments there .... and im happy not to dwell on the past

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pearsey05 wrote:Dubious Penalty :shock: :lol: and 50/50 for a two footed stud showing potential leg breaker, straight red every time what were you doing on these two incidents? let me take a guess... itching your sweaty nuts :P .

Lions were the better side but created few clear chances and we blew it again in the final minute to a well taken goal.

One of the better refs to date as well.
Leg breaker? it was a 50/50 the lad got up, the lad in the first half he did his groin was in more pain. Anyway that's your interpretation of the tackle.

Yeah you blew it again, bit like last season ay. :D

Whispers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whispers »

No predictions this week lads???

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

some of us are still recovering from last nights charity match ....

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote:some of us are still recovering from last nights charity match ....
very good night,very well attended. congrats to all who pitched in to make it a great night plus seaford, bulldogs and panthers people all mingling for all the right reasons. must have been over a thousand fans there to watch dave dicko booked by matt cream for a shirt violation in a very entertaining game. for me it became a chance to meet a lot of good folks I had not seen for years and i would not have missed dizzys floor show for anything. well done everyone. :D

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

A's Croatia 3 - 1 Athelstone
B's Croatia 7 - 2 Athelstone
"This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

BILL SHANKLY

Whispers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whispers »

After the long drive south, Unley United were pleased to take the 3 points down at Seaford today; it was wet and a tight battle, but Unley prevailed!

A's Seaford 1, Unley United 4
B's Seaford 2, Unley United 1

Thanks for Seaford's hospitality!
Last edited by Whispers on Sun May 22, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer Sūdok Uncaged
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Killer Sūdok Uncaged »

Why would you play one game at home and the other away?
I love crunching the numbers

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

Munno para 2-1 plymton

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:some of us are still recovering from last nights charity match ....
very good night,very well attended. congrats to all who pitched in to make it a great night plus seaford, bulldogs and panthers people all mingling for all the right reasons. must have been over a thousand fans there to watch dave dicko booked by matt cream for a shirt violation in a very entertaining game. for me it became a chance to meet a lot of good folks I had not seen for years and i would not have missed dizzys floor show for anything. well done everyone. :D
Great night and great response from the advertising the last couple weeks
To knight15 great gesture to the murrells

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ressies
Seaford 2 - 1 Unley
First half was dominated by the home team and probably shouldve gone into the break with a bagfull of goals. We managed 2 in the first half from our Italian stallion and went in 2-0 up. After the break the intensity dropped off and Unley grabbed a goal when our usually reliable keeper slipped up and gifted them the goal. I did enjoy the linesman 'teaching' me the offside rule and also nearly got a kiss on the smacker from one of their Scottish imports. Sounded a lot like Frankie Boyle :lol:
Good luck for the rest of the season

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

First team
Seaford 1-4 Unley

Seaford took the lead through a fortunate cross come shot and proceded to dominate posession until the final third. Unley then unleashed their only shot which was probably destined for the ocean until it took a wicked deflection off the boot and nestled in the far corner of the goal with the keeper totally stranded 1 - 1 at half time.

Second half starts with Seaford again controlling posession with no end product. The conditions were awful in driving rain in very windy conditions. Unley then had their second shot which our keeper failed to handle, unfortunately for him he couldnt hold the shot and it bobbled into the goal with the keeper in hot pursuit; all to no avail. Unley 2-1 up. The next unley goal came from one of the poorest penalty decisions i have ever seen. Unley forward through on goal, keeper comes running out, wins the ball, minimal contact with the player (after the ball was won), ref blows for a penalty. Totally bewildering seeing as the reason he gave was "after the keeper won the ball he tried to maliciously take out the Unley player". Now, if that is his interpretation of the rule, then surely the keeper is sent off. Our keeper didnt even recieve a yellow. When quized on this by sections of the home crowd after the game, he couldnt answer us and just said "what am I talking to you for". This decision was not even the most controversial of the day. Their forward makes a run, keeper calmly plays it to our skipper. Our skipper then plays the ball across the back four only for the ref to stop running, allowing the ball to hit him and the ball falling at the feet of the Unley forward who then slots it home to make it 4-1. I understand when the ball hits the reff it is play on but surely when the ref is so poorly positioned and the ball deflects straight to their player, common sense should prevail. He should've awarded a drop ball but I dont think he knew what to do. He even said to our skipper "what are you doing" to which our skipper replied " passing it to our other centre half". A totally inept display of officiating. Saying that, for all our posession we couldnt break down a resolute Unley defense. We put it down to one of those days. Good luck to Unley for the rest of the season and thanks to the 4 or 5 guys who stopped back for a beer or two.