Sunday Div 3 2016 - Results, News, Banter

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Sunday Div 3 2016 - Results, News, Banter

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:some of us are still recovering from last nights charity match ....
very good night,very well attended. congrats to all who pitched in to make it a great night plus seaford, bulldogs and panthers people all mingling for all the right reasons. must have been over a thousand fans there to watch dave dicko booked by matt cream for a shirt violation in a very entertaining game. for me it became a chance to meet a lot of good folks I had not seen for years and i would not have missed dizzys floor show for anything. well done everyone. :D
Great night and great response from the advertising the last couple weeks
To knight15 great gesture to the murrells

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ressies
Seaford 2 - 1 Unley
First half was dominated by the home team and probably shouldve gone into the break with a bagfull of goals. We managed 2 in the first half from our Italian stallion and went in 2-0 up. After the break the intensity dropped off and Unley grabbed a goal when our usually reliable keeper slipped up and gifted them the goal. I did enjoy the linesman 'teaching' me the offside rule and also nearly got a kiss on the smacker from one of their Scottish imports. Sounded a lot like Frankie Boyle :lol:
Good luck for the rest of the season
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

First team
Seaford 1-4 Unley

Seaford took the lead through a fortunate cross come shot and proceded to dominate posession until the final third. Unley then unleashed their only shot which was probably destined for the ocean until it took a wicked deflection off the boot and nestled in the far corner of the goal with the keeper totally stranded 1 - 1 at half time.

Second half starts with Seaford again controlling posession with no end product. The conditions were awful in driving rain in very windy conditions. Unley then had their second shot which our keeper failed to handle, unfortunately for him he couldnt hold the shot and it bobbled into the goal with the keeper in hot pursuit; all to no avail. Unley 2-1 up. The next unley goal came from one of the poorest penalty decisions i have ever seen. Unley forward through on goal, keeper comes running out, wins the ball, minimal contact with the player (after the ball was won), ref blows for a penalty. Totally bewildering seeing as the reason he gave was "after the keeper won the ball he tried to maliciously take out the Unley player". Now, if that is his interpretation of the rule, then surely the keeper is sent off. Our keeper didnt even recieve a yellow. When quized on this by sections of the home crowd after the game, he couldnt answer us and just said "what am I talking to you for". This decision was not even the most controversial of the day. Their forward makes a run, keeper calmly plays it to our skipper. Our skipper then plays the ball across the back four only for the ref to stop running, allowing the ball to hit him and the ball falling at the feet of the Unley forward who then slots it home to make it 4-1. I understand when the ball hits the reff it is play on but surely when the ref is so poorly positioned and the ball deflects straight to their player, common sense should prevail. He should've awarded a drop ball but I dont think he knew what to do. He even said to our skipper "what are you doing" to which our skipper replied " passing it to our other centre half". A totally inept display of officiating. Saying that, for all our posession we couldnt break down a resolute Unley defense. We put it down to one of those days. Good luck to Unley for the rest of the season and thanks to the 4 or 5 guys who stopped back for a beer or two.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Whispers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whispers »

Tipping for the weekend!

Noarlunga Utd v Adel Croatia 2-1
Munno Para v MSSC Bl/Eagles 3-2
Unley Utd v Plympton B/Dogs 1-1
Payneham v Seaford 0-3
Athelstone v Para Hills Lions 2-2

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Whispers wrote:Tipping for the weekend!

Noarlunga Utd v Adel Croatia 2-1
Munno Para v MSSC Bl/Eagles 3-2
Unley Utd v Plympton B/Dogs 1-1
Payneham v Seaford 0-3
Athelstone v Para Hills Lions 2-2
Noarlunga 3-1
MP 2-0
Plympton 3-1
Seaford 2-1
Para 3-2

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Noarlunga Utd v Adel Croatia 1-3
Munno Para v MSSC Bl/Eagles 3-1
Unley Utd v Plympton B/Dogs 0-3
Payneham v Seaford 2-4
Athelstone v Para Hills Lions 4-0
"This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

BILL SHANKLY

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

A's Noarlunga 2-3 Croatia
B's Noarlunga 1-0 Croatia

A's game was fairly even in parts but we managed to come back from 1-0 to secure a 3-2 win.

B's was a heated battle with Noarlunga scoring a late winner.

Cheers to the Noarlunga lads for the banter, entertainment on and off the field and looking after us with a few jugs of beer after the match.

nohands
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by nohands »

Payneham Postel vs Seaford.
A pretty even game played in good spirits. Payneham missed quite a few sitters including a penalty. 5 mins later Seaford were granted a penalty and slotted it home to win 1-2.
I dont think both sides were as strong as they were last season but its always a good battle with Seaford and I wish them all the best for the rest of the season. Thanks for staying back after to support the bar.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

nohands wrote:Payneham Postel vs Seaford.
A pretty even game played in good spirits. Payneham missed quite a few sitters including a penalty. 5 mins later Seaford were granted a penalty and slotted it home to win 1-2.
I dont think both sides were as strong as they were last season but its always a good battle with Seaford and I wish them all the best for the rest of the season. Thanks for staying back after to support the bar.
We were missing 3 key players due to injury and work commitments.

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

A's Croatia 1 - 4 Munno Para
B's Croatia 2 - 1 Munno Para

A's mistakes at the back cost us and Munno Para put there chances away.
B's 1 goal from a corner and 1 bicycle kick.

Cheers to the Munno Para lads today, good banter from there supporters behind the goals.
Sorry we didn't have the BBQ today, our master chef was unavailable.
Thanks for agreeing to change kits I am sure the 2 cartons of beer we provided was worth it.

All the best for the rest of the season.
"This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

BILL SHANKLY

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Seaford 0 - 2 Plympton ressies
Fair result seeing as we had 15 players missing through one reason or another. They controlled the game very well but seriously you guys need to have a word with your hack of a coach. He was cabernet 5 years ago and hed still be a cabernet champagne now. If you think you're still a player then pull the boots on shiraz. Total champagne.

First team game - they couldnt hit a cows muscat with a banjo in the first half and probably regretted that fact. They capitalised on a defensive error and found themselves 1-0 up. We battled away and with a couple of minutes to go grabbed a well deserved equalizer .
Last edited by Hatchet Squad on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

nohands

Post by nohands »

I know exactly who Hatchet is talking about. The Plympton reserves coach is an absolute knob. Cant hack people beating him fairly so he has to hack them down unfairly. Him and the A grade goaly should give it up and go play over 35s.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Noarlunga 5 - 2 Para Hill Lions

Ressies :- 3-2

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

gone bloody quiet on here hasn't it. seafords result last week not what we wanted plus no game this week so its rest and regroup. GO SEAFORD next week.

nohands

Post by nohands »

Payneham vs Noarlunga
Bs 1-2
As ref called it off due to pitch conditions

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

A:- Noarlunga 4-1 Seaford
B:- Noarlunga 4-2 Seaford

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

nohands wrote:I know exactly who Hatchet is talking about. The Plympton reserves coach is an absolute knob. Cant hack people beating him fairly so he has to hack them down unfairly. Him and the A grade goaly should give it up and go play over 35s.
There's no room for hacks in the over 35's.... what makes you think they would fit in?
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Ippatsu Geinin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ippatsu Geinin »

bloodypassit wrote:A:- Noarlunga 4-1 Seaford
B:- Noarlunga 4-2 Seaford
I bet you were chuffed.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Can say i was happy....

nohands

Post by nohands »

Munno Para vs Payneham.
Bs 5-2.
As 5-0.
Reserve MP team are obviously the rejects. A couple skilled players but most of them dirty. I feel sorry for the ref who copped abuse all game from his own team. One player called him a c*** and slapped the red card out of his hand. Real knob material.
First team however were a classy outfit who have a lot of talented players. I am sure they will easily win the league so i wish them all the best in div 2 next year. Thank you for your hospitality after the game too...put on a free spread and made us feel welcome.
Cheers

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ressies
Seaford 1 - 1 MP
Good old fashioned hard fought game. We missed a few one on ones with keeper and MP took advantage of a lapse in concentration at the back to go into half time with a 1-0 lead. Second half was a little scrappy but we managed to get the equaliser after an inspired substitution. I was taken off (much to the delight of the MP away support, after an afternoon of non stop banter) and my replacement scored pretty much straight away. 1-1 was the result and I think we were a little unlucky to not get more out if it.

Firsst team
Seaford 0 - 3 MP

Seaford down 2-0 very early in the game and its very difficult to.come back from that. MP are a very good, well drilled unit who fully deserve their win. They added to their 2 -0 half time lead and ran out winners 3-0.

Best away crowd of the season. The banter was brilliant and thanks for the pint. Good luck for the rest of the year.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

A:- Plympton 1 Noarlunga 2
B:- Plympton 3 Noarlunga 1

Due to the poor surface at Plympton , game was transferred to Barratt Reserve, West Beach

Battle of the Bulldogs and finally we got one over Plympton.
Goalscorers for Noarlunga :- Paolo Paris & David Foy

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ressies
Unley 0 - 1 Seaford
I think we dominated without taking out chances. The scoreline flattered Unley if I'm honest, considering we went down to 10 men early in the second half, they didnt offer much in the final third. Good luck for the rest of the season.

First team
Unley 3 - 4 Seaford
We began brightly but were soon behind to an early Unley penalty. We then eent down to 10 men with a very early red card after two bookings. This did not deter us one bit. We pulled a goal back within 5 minutes and then Unley scored with a great half volley to out them back in it, 2-1 unley. We then bundled a goal home off my chest to make it 2-2 and then we went ahead after some good work down the right; ball cut back and we slotted home. 3-2 at half time. Second half we began to tire a little but pushed forward and gave ourselves a 2 goal cushion. Unley pulled one back with about 10 to go bit couldnt find the equaliser. Good game considering our early red card and we wish Unley all the best for the rest of the season.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Well it has been abit quiet on here of late

A:- Croatia 5 Noarlunga 2

Croatia wanted it more and got the result to keep them in Div 3 for another year . Good hard fought game as always and fantastic hospitality from our Croatian friends.

B:- Croatia 0 Noarlunga 1

Scrappy game is the best way to describe the match

Bit of drama before the Para Hills vs Athelstone first team match yesterday.
A West Adelaide Hellas First Team player was kitted up ready to play for Para Hills but was recognized by Athelstone players before the game.

bomber Harris
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bomber Harris »

bloodypassit wrote:Well it has been abit quiet on here of late

Bit of drama before the Para Hills vs Athelstone first team match yesterday.
A West Adelaide Hellas First Team player was kitted up ready to play for Para Hills but was recognized by Athelstone players before the game.
So did he play, or is he just a FKW? :lol: :lol:
"We Fear No Foe"

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

well one more game and that's all folks. I reckon it would be good if we could have a WOMENS beach volleyball league around here. comments anyone. :) 8)

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

DID I KILL THIS THREAD. sorry folks didn't mean to. :wink:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Not sure..... just dont make any death threats please ORAKLE .....

Kyūshū Danji
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kyūshū Danji »

Must have brought his interpretation of the rule into it.
Oh, the irony of someone from Ōmuta slagging off Kokura as inaka.