Sat Div 3

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Sat Div 3

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

Why have the league put Budapest in div3 with only a A grade side? I thought 1 team sides play in the lowest divisions. Budapest have also forfieted their Cup match already so its not looking good for the season.

This seems a terrible move by the league.

Sean's
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sat Div 3

Post by Sean's »

That is a poor decision I agree. I happen to know Budapest asked a while ago to be put in a lower division through lack of players.
2011 - Saturday Division 4 Champions
2010 - Port Elliot Pre-season cup winners

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

3 points that week then :D
#mylipsaresealed

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

Forest T Hairy wrote:3 points that week then :D
Nope you just get a bye.

This is ridiculous no wonder so many teams are moving to FFSA.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Sean's wrote:That is a poor decision I agree. I happen to know Budapest asked a while ago to be put in a lower division through lack of players.

Yeah that's right .. the SAASL seems to be in a bit of a shambles the way the leagues have been formatted and how rules of participation in relevant div's have been disregarded.

Anyway are not willing to go out and get smashed each week in div three with the players we have available so for what its worth Budapest have folded and will not be fielding any team in the league - SAASL has been advised.

Pretty sad after 45years in its current form and a distinguished top flight history even prior to that against the likes of Juventus (AC) Hellas (WA) Polonia (Croydon) etc .. :(

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
Sean's wrote:That is a poor decision I agree. I happen to know Budapest asked a while ago to be put in a lower division through lack of players.

Yeah that's right .. the SAASL seems to be in a bit of a shambles the way the leagues have been formatted and how rules of participation in relevant div's have been disregarded.

Anyway are not willing to go out and get smashed each week in div three with the players we have available so for what its worth Budapest have folded and will not be fielding any team in the league - SAASL has been advised.

Pretty sad after 45years in its current form and a distinguished top flight history even prior to that against the likes of Juventus (AC) Hellas (WA) Polonia (Croydon) etc .. :(
This is terrible and sad news for the league. A shame the league couldn't accommodate by allowing you to go into a single team league!!

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

Sad to hear a club with so much history has folded. Hopefully you guys can get up and running in the next few years.

Not sure who is making these decisions at the league seems backwards.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Thanks guys..

Yeah we were not even confident we could field a full team in div three let alone a competitive one ... all the best to everyone in the league ..are some great clubs and great people in the SAASL and a lot of great memories.

Ps as I type this just received a confirmation email re our withdrawal from all form of competition.

Also on behalf of Budapest am really sorry for any inconvenience to clubs associated with our withdrawal and the league itself so close to the season commencement .. we tried to hang in there but just couldn't.

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

Sad to hear Budapest have had to fold.

What will happen with div 3 now? Continue with one less team? Or move a 2 team club up?
Div 4 only has 8 teams so it would potentially mean moving one up from div 4 to div 3 and then the same from div 5 to div 4 and I can't see that happening.

??????
#mylipsaresealed

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Forest T Hairy wrote:Sad to hear Budapest have had to fold.

What will happen with div 3 now? Continue with one less team? Or move a 2 team club up?
Div 4 only has 8 teams so it would potentially mean moving one up from div 4 to div 3 and then the same from div 5 to div 4 and I can't see that happening.

??????
Well as it stands we have 2 single team clubs in Div 4 (only 6 reserves teams) so taking another club out just isn't workable. They're going to need a big restructure next year, this season is going to be a shambles.
FSC

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Andy1991 wrote:

??????
Well as it stands we have 2 single team clubs in Div 4 (only 6 reserves teams) so taking another club out just isn't workable. They're going to need a big restructure next year, this season is going to be a shambles.
they need to move the 2 single teams to single team div, promote 2 from div 2 into div 1, 2 from div 3 into div 2 and then 6 from div 4 into div 3, removing "div4"

i can put money on they are not going to do this though are they.... but maybe you guys who are in that Saturday league so recommend it to them? in essense would just mean some catch up games for those who are in the cup semi/final right?

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Gristy wrote:
Andy1991 wrote:

??????
they need to move the 2 single teams to single team div, promote 2 from div 2 into div 1, 2 from div 3 into div 2 and then 6 from div 4 into div 3, removing "div4"

i can put money on they are not going to do this though are they.... but maybe you guys who are in that Saturday league so recommend it to them? in essense would just mean some catch up games for those who are in the cup semi/final right?
Yeah restructuring into 3 12-team divisions seems to be the only logical way forward if numbers don't improve next season, but with the 2016 season only 2 weeks away, it may be too late for that drastic of an overhaul.
FSC

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

Goodluck to Div 3 this weekend.... Let hope for a good season!!
#mylipsaresealed

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

Centre defender for Northern Pitbulls spat in my face today if you see him during the season can you please spit in his face as i think it is Chilaen custom greeting

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

Did you win?
#mylipsaresealed

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

Drew 3 all

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

Are you flinders?
#mylipsaresealed

ʃₐᵇf(x)dx=F(b)-F(a)
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ʃₐᵇf(x)dx=F(b)-F(a) »

Murray Bridge I think.

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Forest T Hairy wrote:Are you flinders?
Flinders played Monarchs in Div 3, Flinders A's won 2-1, Flinders B's won 3-0, already posted in the results thread.
FSC

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

So the apparent GF game of the weekend between flinders and prince Alfred finished 2-2....

Was it a good game????

The league is now wide open and very close for all clubs.

It's turning into a 4 game season!

#mylipsaresealed