Sunday Div 1

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Sunday Div 1

Post by Soccer-Mad »

In all seriousness Brahma will win the league followed by Ingle Farm.
Downs & Grove will be around the mark too, but Brahma's squad just too strong..

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Brahma would beat most bottom of state league 1, would push middle of state league 1, lose to upper state league 1, get trounced by npl teams imo
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

magic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by magic »

soccceeerrr wrote:
Everbodywhinge71 wrote:Great game last night between downs and brahma.
Very hard fought first half with chances going both ways, with brahma hitting the woodwork 3 times and Benny pulling of some very good saves, the first goals for both teams were defensive errors but well taken goals, downs second goal well I'm not sure how the brahma defender did not clear that of the line so downs were lucky to get away with that goal, brahmas goals 2 were scrambles in the box from corners and the other 5 were well played well taken goals. Brahma smashed downs in the second half Chad bugeja coming on and tore the downs defence apart, also considering as well brahma were missing a few like fred Agius, Benny Tarabar, Eric Camarinha, John Foat, Brett Selga, Daniel Scordo, Michael mullen and Shaun ward. Well done to brahma and downs a very entertaining game and great banter on the sidelines looking forward to round 2
Bramah is a great squad of players and would give any NPL team a good run for their money :D
Haahaaaaaahaa!!!!!!

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Come on people lets get serious - They might give Fulham a run for their money but that's about it. They haven't even kicked a ball in saasl divi 1 yet and some of you folk are talking nonsense. Let's wait and see where they are after a few games, pick up a few injuries, the wet weather kicks in and some of their new players are not playing regular football in amateurs and return to whence they came then we can start with the how good are they comments. No doubt they will be a breath of fresh air and shake up the recent status quo of the Sunday Premier League and upset a few of the so called bigger amateur clubs but talk of mixing it in the NPL is fanciful to say the least.

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

OMG
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by OMG »

[quote="SID"][/quote]

What's happened to SID and his last post? I hope he wasn't lost for words? :D

Hydration Officer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Hydration Officer »

Sunday division 1 is very tough and competitive, to say Brahma will walk it, based on a few results in a pre season competition, you underestimate how hard it is to win that league.
They will feature among the top 4 , hard slog playing good sides every week and it is easy being confident and have discipline when things are going your way . When the results start to slip up a little bit, all of a sudden things aren't going your way, the pressure is on, things change.
I have seen a couple of Sturt Marion's pre season games, they may surprise some of you tomorrow night.
Credit to the Brahma Lodge coach, for his player management skills, to have so much talent at your disposal is not always an easy thing, juggling who to leave out etc
Whether you are being financially compensated or not, when all is said and done you just want to be out there running around having a kick.

soccceeerrr
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by soccceeerrr »

Hydration Officer wrote:Sunday division 1 is very tough and competitive, to say Brahma will walk it, based on a few results in a pre season competition, you underestimate how hard it is to win that league.
They will feature among the top 4 , hard slog playing good sides every week and it is easy being confident and have discipline when things are going your way . When the results start to slip up a little bit, all of a sudden things aren't going your way, the pressure is on, things change.
I have seen a couple of Sturt Marion's pre season games, they may surprise some of you tomorrow night.
Credit to the Brahma Lodge coach, for his player management skills, to have so much talent at your disposal is not always an easy thing, juggling who to leave out etc
Whether you are being financially compensated or not, when all is said and done you just want to be out there running around having a kick.
BRAHMA 5 STURT MARIONS !

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

that would be considered a good result when you look at the cricket scores they kicked against Sunday div 1 sides.
Every game seems opposition teams have been in a very charitable mood by losing the ball near their own penalty area and allowing Brahma to the opportunity to score.
Like HO said, lets see what happens when they all play for points.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

You Too wrote:Come on people lets get serious - They might give Fulham a run for their money but that's about it. They haven't even kicked a ball in saasl divi 1 yet and some of you folk are talking nonsense. Let's wait and see where they are after a few games, pick up a few injuries, the wet weather kicks in and some of their new players are not playing regular football in amateurs and return to whence they came then we can start with the how good are they comments. No doubt they will be a breath of fresh air and shake up the recent status quo of the Sunday Premier League and upset a few of the so called bigger amateur clubs but talk of mixing it in the NPL is fanciful to say the least.

Pretty sure alot of Brahma's players have experience from higher leagues and are very capable and to simply dismiss their strength and capability because they are an amateur side is folly. AFL dismissed football as a threat to its popularity and participation and look where that has got them. Dismiss BL at your peril.

GOMER PYLE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GOMER PYLE »

you just need a good coach to coach against them and you might be surprised.!!!!!!

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Old Redback wrote:
You Too wrote:Come on people lets get serious - They might give Fulham a run for their money but that's about it. They haven't even kicked a ball in saasl divi 1 yet and some of you folk are talking nonsense. Let's wait and see where they are after a few games, pick up a few injuries, the wet weather kicks in and some of their new players are not playing regular football in amateurs and return to whence they came then we can start with the how good are they comments. No doubt they will be a breath of fresh air and shake up the recent status quo of the Sunday Premier League and upset a few of the so called bigger amateur clubs but talk of mixing it in the NPL is fanciful to say the least.

Pretty sure alot of Brahma's players have experience from higher leagues and are very capable and to simply dismiss their strength and capability because they are an amateur side is folly. AFL dismissed football as a threat to its popularity and participation and look where that has got them. Dismiss BL at your peril.
Not dismissing them at all - in fact they are obviously clear favorites at this time. But what I am saying is I don't think they will find it a walk in the park every week. There are some pretty handy teams in the league who will not just roll over because they are playing Brahma Lodge. I just can't see them winning 10-0 week in week out. My point about the amateurs was that they have recruited players from a higher level who probably wont hang around too long if they don't play every week.

They have certainly got the proverbial target on their backs after the preseason and the whole league will be up for it when they play them. The Farm and Downs will be right up their clackers the entire way and probably one or two others as well - they only have to drop one or two games and its game on for the league IMO.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Let's be real. Brahma have possibly one of the best lists in amateur league history. Big call I know & i understand they haven't done anything yet, but the squad is amazing. Everyone can surely admit it. Everyone will want to beat them. Like gardens, downs and farm all in recent years. There's a new team in the mix.... and brahma have to be favourites (aka the hunted).
When was the last time downs copped 7, Sturt copped 5, Westies & gardens copped 10.
It will be an interesting year & all the best to moggy.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

East Boy wrote:Let's be real. Brahma have possibly one of the best lists in amateur league history. Big call I know & i understand they haven't done anything yet, but the squad is amazing. Everyone can surely admit it. Everyone will want to beat them. Like gardens, downs and farm all in recent years. There's a new team in the mix.... and brahma have to be favourites (aka the hunted).
When was the last time downs copped 7, Sturt copped 5, Westies & gardens copped 10.
It will be an interesting year & all the best to moggy.

'mon the Brah!

:wink:
Ignore this signature

I've Lost My Mittens
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by I've Lost My Mittens »

Look at all these people thinking it's a forgone conclusion.
When I get a headache I take two panadol and keep away from children, just like it says on the box

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I've Lost My Mittens wrote:Look at all these people thinking it's a forgone conclusion.
Well the Templin Cup was a fiveone conclusion !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Branch Davidians
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Branch Davidians »

Gabon wrote:Cup Winner - Maiwand
:lol:

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

With a couple weeks until the halfway mark of the season
How are your predictions for the season looking ?
Is your club where you hoped they would be ..??!!
Every Rat has his day !!

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Nice to see you up and about Rodent - did you get a win? :D

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Old Redback wrote:Nice to see you up and about Rodent - did you get a win? :D
Yes we did away at farm !!
Hope you get a draw farm & vale draw and we win again !!
Won't that make things interesting!!
Every Rat has his day !!

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Big game Sunday at Brahma.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Old Redback wrote:Big game Sunday at Brahma.
For one time only I hope you guys take all 3 points Sunday to keep our 49 point record in tack :wink:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

lefty wrote:
For one time only I hope you guys take all 3 points Sunday to keep our 49 point record in tack :wink:
Is that same as 'intact'? :D

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Old Redback wrote:
lefty wrote:
Is that same as 'intact'? :D
Exackly :D
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry