Where is SAASL heading..

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Where is SAASL heading..

Post by PASC »

God is an Englishman wrote:
PASC wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Can you prove it though? So far, all you're offering is opinion.
i can but i don't want to
:lol:
:lol:
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Sportsfan
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Sportsfan »

Just to clarify the reasons for the sticking points re the SAASL not joining the FFSA. The SAASL administration wished to continue running the amateur league to protect its principles such as reasonable fees and suggested a deal for fixing fees for 5 years and not let the amateur league become a cash cow for the FFSA. The facts were at the time that the FFSA were struggling for money whereas the SAASL were and remain financially very healthy….. the FFSA could see an opportunity there. The amateur league committee wanted financial guarantees to protect the amateur clubs …. these guarantees weren’t forthcoming from the FFSA therefore any deal was off! Subsequently the SAASL committee fixed fees for 5 years.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

Sportsfan wrote:Just to clarify the reasons for the sticking points re the SAASL not joining the FFSA. The SAASL administration wished to continue running the amateur league to protect its principles such as reasonable fees and suggested a deal for fixing fees for 5 years and not let the amateur league become a cash cow for the FFSA. The facts were at the time that the FFSA were struggling for money whereas the SAASL were and remain financially very healthy….. the FFSA could see an opportunity there. The amateur league committee wanted financial guarantees to protect the amateur clubs …. these guarantees weren’t forthcoming from the FFSA therefore any deal was off! Subsequently the SAASL committee fixed fees for 5 years.
no progress since then? I don't think any other meetings between the two have occurred..
Im closer than you think

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Anything the FFSA touches becomes costly .

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

Confirmed:

Croydon Kings, Eastern Elite, Adelaide Comets & Vipers Playing in the CSL
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

dinozoff wrote:Confirmed:

Who are eastern elite?

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

Amateur team playing out of SAWSA Park on Greenhill Rd
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

dinozoff wrote:Amateur team playing out of SAWSA Park on Greenhill Rd
What division were they in?

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

I think Div 5 Sunday

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

So, the teams that are leaving are ones with limited success in SAASL, as I said before when big teams leave then there may be an issue.

Comets are the only one to have won anything of note there and even then that's not the Comets side that won anything that left this year, it's their old UniSA CSL team.

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

To be honest i dont think the FFSA are looking to get every team from the SAASL, i would say their objective would be to get another 20 teams over the next 2-3 years. combine that with the CSL and you have 7-8 divs of amateurs.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

dinozoff wrote:To be honest i dont think the FFSA are looking to get every team from the SAASL, i would say their objective would be to get another 20 teams over the next 2-3 years. combine that with the CSL and you have 7-8 divs of amateurs.
I'd be shocked, make that flabbergasted if they got that many across.

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

Who are eastern elite?
Im pretty sure our saturday cs played them last year in div 7 last year. One team club.

kingswood
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by kingswood »

swannsong wrote:Elizabeth Downs lost 0-2 to Azzurri around 1985....we were struggling in Dvision 1 and Azzurri were fairly high up in the SASF Division 1 at the time....Donald Campbell was referee.
I also remember Elizabeth Thistle losing 1-14 to Hellas sometime in the 70s and Elizabeth Vale losing 4-1 to Hellas in the SASF cup around the same time...
From about 1970 to early eighties the top three or four SAASL sides were better than most Federation Third Division sides, and used to often beat them in the cup.

Occasionally successful against second division sides too.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

dj_no.1 wrote:

Who are eastern elite?
Im pretty sure our Saturday cs played them last year in div 7 last year. One team club.
Started as Women's team 2014 quite successful, they started a mens side and not sure on the reasoning but ran it as 2x sides, one Sunday and one Saturday.

They asked CSL to remain as two separate sides but they said no and have put them in as A/B team for the year.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

kingswood wrote:
swannsong wrote:Elizabeth Downs lost 0-2 to Azzurri around 1985....we were struggling in Dvision 1 and Azzurri were fairly high up in the SASF Division 1 at the time....Donald Campbell was referee.
I also remember Elizabeth Thistle losing 1-14 to Hellas sometime in the 70s and Elizabeth Vale losing 4-1 to Hellas in the SASF cup around the same time...
From about 1970 to early eighties the top three or four SAASL sides were better than most Federation Third Division sides, and used to often beat them in the cup.

Occasionally successful against second division sides too.
Brahma Lodge ( 3rd division ) beat Cumberland United in 1986 I think it was, the year after Cumberland made the Cup Final.
Following round played WA Hellas in a mid week ( public holiday ) held them to 1-0 half time, WA coach gave his team a massive spray at H/T final score 9-0.
Brahma had played a saasl league fixture two days earlier.

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

dinozoff wrote:To be honest i dont think the FFSA are looking to get every team from the SAASL, i would say their objective would be to get another 20 teams over the next 2-3 years. combine that with the CSL and you have 7-8 divs of amateurs.
20 teams meaning 10 clubs

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

It could be a strong possibility

If Plympton, Adelaide Cobras, Adelaide Blue Eagles, Seaford, Noarlunga, Wa Raptors, Croatia were forced to move to Collegiate League ( Metro League ).

The SAASL still have failed to established a Metro based junior competition or womens league. Maybe if the SAASL had an establish junior competition then Fulham, Vipers, etc would have stayed

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bloodypassit wrote:

If Plympton, Adelaide Cobras, Adelaide Blue Eagles, Seaford, Noarlunga, Wa Raptors, Croatia were forced to move to Collegiate League ( Metro League ).

The SAASL still have failed to established a Metro based junior competition or womens league. Maybe if the SAASL had an establish junior competition then Fulham, Vipers, etc would have stayed
So the only way the FFSA could do it is to force them to do it?

Who are plympton aligned with?

SAASL tried for a women's league and it wasn't wanted.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

All of Plympton juniors are with FFSA ( JSL )

The SAASL had the opportunity earlier to create a women's league before last year .. Reason why no one wanted it was all the SAASL club with FFSA women teams are happy to stay there... so the horse has bolted on that one ....

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

I'd be shocked, make that flabbergasted if they got that many across.[/quote]

The SAASL still have failed to established a Metro based junior competition or womens league. Maybe if the SAASL had an establish junior competition then Fulham, Vipers, etc would have stayed[/quote]

SAASL tried for a women's league and it wasn't wanted.[/quote]

womens league was very close to happening this year, 2 clubs pulled out last minute causing it to collapse, having said that I think if the SAASL went harder and put in a bigger effort to establish it ,it would of happened.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

dj_no.1 wrote:I'd be shocked, make that flabbergasted if they got that many across.

The SAASL still have failed to established a Metro based junior competition or womens league. Maybe if the SAASL had an establish junior competition then Fulham, Vipers, etc would have stayed[/quote]

SAASL tried for a women's league and it wasn't wanted.[/quote]

womens league was very close to happening this year, 2 clubs pulled out last minute causing it to collapse, having said that I think if the SAASL went harder and put in a bigger effort to establish it ,it would of happened.[/quote]

Only 8 teams entered

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

correct, an 8 team league would of gone ahead, once 2 teams pulled out a 6 team league was no longer viable

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bloodypassit wrote:All of Plympton juniors are with FFSA ( JSL )

The SAASL had the opportunity earlier to create a women's league before last year .. Reason why no one wanted it was all the SAASL club with FFSA women teams are happy to stay there... so the horse has bolted on that one ....
Don't see why it matters about a womens league anyway

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Sexist!
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

PASC wrote:

Sexist!
If not caring about women's football is sexist then so be it.