Croydon Kings Collegiate - new team - players required

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Croydon Kings Collegiate - new team - players required

Post by Bomber »

Croydon Kings Polonia will now be represented in Collegiate League in SA!

The bulk of the team so far will be made up primarily by former SAASL Polonia amateurs, who mostly are ex-Croydon players from the Feds, however they are seeking more players to complete their roster.

There are two teams to fill, and every position currently in demand!

Whilst the team will normally play on Saturdays, we are looking at some games being played on Friday nights, along with possibility of the odd "Super Saturday" when the teams will play directly AFTER Croydon senior team at home under lights.

If interested, please contact senior coach for 2016, James Charnstrom 0420 238 605, or Anthony (Tosh) Deptula on 0423 434 756 asap.
Ignore this signature

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Croydon Kings Collegiate - new team - players required

Post by redfred »

are you keeping a saasl team?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

ROCSC1980
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ROCSC1980 »

Welcome to the CSL! POLONIAROCSC may be conflicted now. . .

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

redfred wrote:are you keeping a saasl team?
Best check with James or Tosh on that one.
Ignore this signature

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

No SAASL team
Amateurs moving to CSL
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Unless we get 90 blokes turning up :D
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

great to have you and Adelaide comets in the league. will we be playing you at Polonia Reserve?
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

dinozoff wrote:great to have you and Adelaide comets in the league. will we be playing you at Polonia Reserve?
Yes
Ignore this signature

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

Bomber wrote:
dinozoff wrote:great to have you and Adelaide comets in the league. will we be playing you at Polonia Reserve?
Yes
Cant wait to get changed in change rooms again, let alone play on a proper main pitch lol a luxury in CSL
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Bomber wrote: Whilst the team will normally play on Saturdays, we are looking at some games being played on Friday nights, along with possibility of the odd "Super Saturday" when the teams will play directly AFTER Croydon senior team at home under lights.
That's going to seriously cut into drinking time !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

swannsong wrote:
Bomber wrote: Whilst the team will normally play on Saturdays, we are looking at some games being played on Friday nights, along with possibility of the odd "Super Saturday" when the teams will play directly AFTER Croydon senior team at home under lights.
Pretty sure it will result in pre-game AND post-game drinks swanny!
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Interesting movements with Comets and Vipers also moving to the CSL.
Agia Lavra 1821!

johnpd
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by johnpd »

The reason is that they all have the same FFSA number, so players can still move back to FFSA Leagues, they are in the process of working out how many can move over at any one time, similar to Juniors in premier league, will be an interesting first year but all the new teams I would say would start in the Div2 League As/Bs, if they have two teams, otherwise they would be in Div3

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Frank Costanza wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Pretty sure it will result in pre-game AND post-game drinks swanny!
and less sickies on Mondays !

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:Interesting movements with Comets and Vipers also moving to the CSL.
Big picture. About retaining culture as well as moving forward as a club and keeping options more flexible. Adel City saw this with their similar "merger".

Our next step, getting a woman's team up and running for 2017. Mermaids or Queens? Or......open to suggestions???
Ignore this signature

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Bomber wrote:
Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:Interesting movements with Comets and Vipers also moving to the CSL.
Big picture. About retaining culture as well as moving forward as a club and keeping options more flexible. Adel City saw this with their similar "merger".

Our next step, getting a woman's team up and running for 2017. Mermaids or Queens? Or......open to suggestions???

I actually think your move is the way of the future and makes sense for your club, hence interesting comment.

I have real concerns for Saturday Amateur divisions. The FFSA may be winning the war,
Agia Lavra 1821!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
Bomber wrote:

I actually think your move is the way of the future and makes sense for your club, hence interesting comment.

I have real concerns for Saturday Amateur divisions. The FFSA may be winning the war,
What war, is there a war ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Don't mention the war

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:

When one of the big teams moves then I think there may be concern. Comets basically just went back to where they came from. Collegiates weren't in trouble when saint peters, iggies and comets left and pretty sure they would have been bigger for them than what's left SAASL.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

swannsong wrote: What war, is there a war ?
Your views on this topic and the other thread are interesting. Sunday Div 1 have nothing to worry about. The rest of the leagues should be concerned.
Agia Lavra 1821!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

swannsong wrote: What war, is there a war ?
Your views on this topic and the other thread are interesting. Sunday Div 1 have nothing to worry about. The rest of the leagues should be concerned.
Have any big teams moved?

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Uni were in the metropolitan league. The original ffsa third division. Thinking they will go back
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

#88 wrote:
If an iggies, Uni or SPOC moved from Sat league then sure maybe ask a few questions. (Sure there are others who could be mentioned there - a. Villa, jets)

I know GIAE will know the answer to this question: were the first three clubs named originally from CSL?

SPOC and Iggies were, I don't know about uni. Uni had sides in the collegiate league and I believe they still currently have sides there but don't quote me on that. Comets also had a CSL side as well and moved it across to SAASL.

Both SPOC and Iggies brought their C grades across in 2005 (?). I believe in 2004, SPOC had every point deducted for fielding "ineligible" players. I use quotations as they weren't really ineligible but they were dual registered. Amazingly, iggies got away with it.

I'm not on the committee at Jets but I'd be flabbergasted if it had even been discussed to leave SAASL. Iggies are a div 2 side as such I wouldn't call them a big side anymore.

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Thanks to Polonia (Croydon) for Sundays trial match against us ( Adelaide Croatia Vukovi) good lads, shame you wont be in Division 3 this season.

We might see you again in the future if FFSA has its way.

All the best for the upcoming season.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

sweaty bollocks wrote:Thanks to Polonia (Croydon) for Sundays trial match against us ( Adelaide Croatia Vukovi) good lads, shame you wont be in Division 3 this season.

We might see you again in the future if FFSA has its way.

All the best for the upcoming season.
Appreciated the hitout on the weekend despite the heat.
The beers went down a treat afterwards and the BBQ was excellent!

All the best to the Vukovi this season!
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Wonder if teams going to Collegiate as anything to do with the reason why Budapest who requested to go to Div 5 as only able to enter one team (a much weakened one at that) has instead been elevated to Div 3!!! - the leagues response was that there will just have to be a bye for Ressies when fixture v Budapest!!

Say this will be the end of Budapest as will not have a team appropriate for competing in Div 3 so we will be another club gone from the league and one that's been around more than twice as long as most players have been alive!!

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Sacred Noodle wrote:Wonder if teams going to Collegiate as anything to do with the reason why Budapest who requested to go to Div 5 as only able to enter one team (a much weakened one at that) has instead been elevated to Div 3!!! - the leagues response was that there will just have to be a bye for Ressies when fixture v Budapest!!

Say this will be the end of Budapest as will not have a team appropriate for competing in Div 3 so we will be another club gone from the league and one that's been around more than twice as long as most players have been alive!!
That's a shame, they are not far from us - we will happily accommodate their players if cabernet does hit the fan

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Internal trial/rego/meet and greet/ beer drinking day this Saturday at 1pm @Polonia reserve
All current and potential players required