SATURDAY DIV 123&4

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SATURDAY DIV 123&4

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Coach wrote:Sorry everyone I have been told the villa are in div 2 next year that's what I have been told so let's wait and see what the SAASL say because I got told By a ex player from villa

Well according to this a SAASL in house worker stated USC are in Div1 so that means you're Div2 or 3 teams are going up, seems to us the smoke was caused by fire!!

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

If you have to play unregistered players to win I feel sorry for the lad who was registered who got dropped

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

I feel sorry for Coach's English teacher, I am sure she/he necked themselves
After reading his/her posts in this thread.

SoccerBoii
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SoccerBoii »

If there is evidence showing Salisbury Villa did do the wrong thing surely they will be stripped of all their points and finish last to be relegated with Flinders Uni who will then finish second bottom?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

SoccerBoii wrote:If there is evidence showing Salisbury Villa did do the wrong thing surely they will be stripped of all their points and finish last to be relegated with Flinders Uni who will then finish second bottom?
when it happened to sierra this season they lost points for games it was proven, then they carried on doing it and were removed from league.

SoccerBoii
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SoccerBoii »

Were the teams Sierra found out against rewarded 3 points? It gets complicated and is unfair to the other teams and unsportman like. Disappointing. You cheat you deserve to get relegated at least in my book (happened more than once to allegedly). Kicked out of the league perhaps if you do something really bad or repeat offences. I think relegation is the way here. All up to SAASL. See how it plays out.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

SoccerBoii wrote:Were the teams Sierra found out against rewarded 3 points? It gets complicated and is unfair to the other teams and unsportman like. Disappointing. You cheat you deserve to get relegated at least in my book (happened more than once to allegedly). Kicked out of the league perhaps if you do something really bad or repeat offences. I think relegation is the way here. All up to SAASL. See how it plays out.
Initially, the teams received forfeit wins, so 2-0 and 3 points. However after further complaints of them continuing and facebook posts saying FFSA were stealing their players to play fed games lol, the SAASL removed them from the league as if they never existed.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Not sure if it's still the case or even if its true, but doesn't the head of saasl work for the president of Sals. Villa

theboss
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by theboss »

false

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theboss wrote:false
did he use to or is it complete bollocks?

theboss
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by theboss »

God is an Englishman wrote:
theboss wrote:false
did he use to or is it complete bollocks?
I think he used to work for our former president years ago, not the case anymore. This is not a matter we can smooth over with a bottle of scotch if thats what you're thinking.

redroo
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by redroo »

SoccerBoii wrote:Were the teams Sierra found out against rewarded 3 points? It gets complicated and is unfair to the other teams and unsportman like. Disappointing. You cheat you deserve to get relegated at least in my book (happened more than once to allegedly). Kicked out of the league perhaps if you do something really bad or repeat offences. I think relegation is the way here. All up to SAASL. See how it plays out.
It also threatens the integrity of the league and needs to be stamped out. The league should set an example to deter other clubs from even contemplating playing unregistered players. Will be interesting to see what penalty is handed to Villa.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

roaringlion wrote:
It also threatens the integrity of the league and needs to be stamped out. The league should set an example to deter other clubs from even contemplating playing unregistered players. Will be interesting to see what penalty is handed to Villa.
Is it also ensuring that all NEW teams regardless of being from FFSA or not and/or teams TRANSFERRING from Sunday to Saturday start at the lowest division and working their way up .. than being put in a higher division

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

Will be all cleared up monday apparently. Both clubs will recieve a formal letter

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

So what was the outcome?

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

the clubs were meant to get a letter yesterday so they will probably get it middle of next month sometime :lol:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

fowler_23 wrote:the clubs were meant to get a letter yesterday so they will probably get it middle of next month sometime :lol:
you finally woke up from last nights meeting .... :-)

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

bloodypassit wrote:
fowler_23 wrote:the clubs were meant to get a letter yesterday so they will probably get it middle of next month sometime :lol:
you finally woke up from last nights meeting .... :-)
i was tired ok! :lol:
the data in the meeting was fine.. it was the delivery that was the killer :?
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

SoccerBoii
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SoccerBoii »

What was the verdict?

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

SoccerBoii wrote:What was the verdict?
No one knows yet haha

astonvilla91
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by astonvilla91 »

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Does that mean the USC LION coach will be sacked ???

SoccerBoii
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SoccerBoii »

I have heard Villa only got points taken away from them for one game.

SAASL are a joke. Cheaters should be made an example of and receive a proper punishment. They won't be getting promoted now though with this verdict.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

SoccerBoii wrote:I have heard Villa only got points taken away from them for one game.

SAASL are a joke. Cheaters should be made an example of and receive a proper punishment. They won't be getting promoted now though with this verdict.
well they have to i guess follow the precedent, did the player in question play in any other game? as if so those points should be taken too, if not then the verdict is in line with what they did to sierra stars this year, if villa were to breach the same rule again they should be removed as per precedent set by saasl this year. i think they probally should provide all clubs with access to these written decisions

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

coaches should also be suspended and maybe it won't happen as often. It does make one wonder how wide spread this issue is, most people only associate this with lower clubs but this proves well run long serving clubs also do it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

spooky1972 wrote:coaches should also be suspended and maybe it won't happen as often. It does make one wonder how wide spread this issue is, most people only associate this with lower clubs but this proves well run long serving clubs also do it.
I don't see how you could suspend a coach at this level, but I do see your point. Maybe the punishment should be more than the points you gain from doing it. Maybe loss of the game and a 3 point penalty for every player/occurrence.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

God is an Englishman wrote:
spooky1972 wrote:coaches should also be suspended and maybe it won't happen as often. It does make one wonder how wide spread this issue is, most people only associate this with lower clubs but this proves well run long serving clubs also do it.
I don't see how you could suspend a coach at this level, but I do see your point. Maybe the punishment should be more than the points you gain from doing it. Maybe loss of the game and a 3 point penalty for every player/occurrence.
i know in CSL its a $100 fine per occurrence (i.e. per player). UniSA didnt register their players for most of the season and CSL did not realise until a invoice came from the FFSA it would have been almost 20k in fines if it was handled properly, but the i think the president of CSL and UniSA was one in the same so they ended up just losing all their points.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

What goes around, comes around!
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

OnTheBench
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by OnTheBench »