SATURDAY DIV 123&4

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

SATURDAY DIV 123&4

Post by spooky1972 »

Can anyone answer the many questions we all have;

1) Are Comets having a Sat Div2 team?
2) Are Vipers having a Sat Div2 team?
3) Have USC officially been informed they are going to Div1?
4) Have Sals Villa officially been punished and if so which league are they now in?
5) Once 1 is anwsered I'll ask
6) Once 2 is anwsered I'll ask
7) Once 3 is anwsered I'll ask
8) Once 4 is anwsered I'll ask
9) Are the downs entering a Saturday A&B and if so will they start in Div4 or possibly be given a spot caused by 1&2?

That will do for a start....

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: SATURDAY DIV 123&4

Post by Steve#4 »

3&4 ???????

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Steve#4 wrote:3&4 ???????
questions 3&4 or Divs 3&4 Steve?

Questions 3&4 are related, rumour has it Villa played unregistered players in a catch up game to get promotion which may (hear say) have been taken away, USC into Div1.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

You got it right.....that is rediculous if A club as experienced as villa went down that path. I would be flabbergasted if it were true.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

or proven
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

spooky1972 wrote:Can anyone answer the many questions we all have;

4) Have Sals Villa officially been punished and if so which league are they now in?
9) Are the downs entering a Saturday A&B and if so will they start in Div4 or possibly be given a spot caused by 1&2?

from my sources
Comets - playing collegiate league
Vipers - when we played them this year they said yes
USC - no they have not been told yet
S V - no they have not been told yet

Downs - have a feeling its C grade team

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Can anyone answer the many questions we all have;

1) Are Comets having a Sat Div2 team? (possibly answered)
2) Are Vipers having a Sat Div2 team? (possibly answered)
3) Have USC officially been informed they are going to Div1? answered
4) Have Sals Villa officially been punished and if so which league are they now in? answered

5) So if Comets are pulling out that means a third team would presumably go up from Div4&3 (Budapest&Hahndorf) to cover the holes created by this.

7) SAASL either made a mistake or didn't, within those walls one said USC would be Div1!!

9) Are the downs entering a Saturday A&B and if so will they start in Div4 or possibly be given a spot caused by 1&2? possibly answered

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Comets not to field a SAASL side.

Vipers to field a SAASL side.
Agia Lavra 1821!

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

[quote="spooky1972"]Can anyone answer the many questions we all have;

5) So if Comets are pulling out that means a third team would presumably go up from Div4&3 (Budapest&Hahndorf) to cover the holes created by this.
Correct

7) SAASL either made a mistake or didn't, within those walls one said USC would be Div1!!

comets relegated no need for 3rd team from div 2 to go up, usc lion getting promoted is yet to be determined

9) Are the downs entering a Saturday A&B and if so will they start in Div4 or possibly be given a spot caused by 1&2? possibly answered div 6 or 7

OnTheBench
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by OnTheBench »

Steve#4 wrote:You got it right.....that is rediculous if A club as experienced as villa went down that path. I would be flabbergasted if it were true.

Don't be surprised! Sources say Salisbury Villa may of played the same unregistered player in at least their last 3 games if not more.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

SCP wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:You got it right.....that is rediculous if A club as experienced as villa went down that path. I would be flabbergasted if it were true.

Don't be surprised! Sources say Salisbury Villa may of played the same unregistered player in at least their last 3 games if not more.

which explains possibly more than 3 points deducted, I say again SAASL employee stated USC will be in Div1 2016, I also say again it could have been a mistake but does align to accusations against Villa, again I must stress hear say!!

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

spooky1972 wrote:
SCP wrote:

which explains possibly more than 3 points deducted, I say again SAASL employee stated USC will be in Div1 2016, I also say again it could have been a mistake but does align to accusations against Villa, again I must stress hear say!!
they should just get rid of them like sierra ;)

johnnoadelaide
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by johnnoadelaide »

Comets
West Adelaide
Croydon
All putting teams in Collegiate league next year B1 & B2 if two teams put in
Adelaide City already amalgamated with Unley Collegiate league, A1 & A2 Collegiate will be Div 4 premier league 2017

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

johnnoadelaide wrote:Comets
West Adelaide
Croydon
Adelaide City already amalgamated with Unley Collegiate league, A1 & A2 Collegiate will be Div 4 premier league 2017
There may be a few more FFSA clubs with SAASL teams moving to Collegiate in the next couple of years...

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

In regards to Croydon. Is this the current Polonia teams that play in the Sunday league or will Croydon kings start a new amateur branch?

ROCSC1980
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ROCSC1980 »

Likewise with WA, didnt they affiliate with Raptors? Are Raptors moving to CSL / the new FFSA Amateur League?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

#88 wrote:
johnnoadelaide wrote:Comets
West Adelaide
Croydon
Wut?
I think is he saying that Unley who have partnered with Adelaide City play in Division 1 A/B in CSL

And Coments/WA/Croydon are to put teams in Division 2 A/B in CSL.

The last bit i assume he thinks CSL div 1 will be moved into FFSA State League 3(4th division) maybe?

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

spooky1972 wrote:Can anyone answer the many questions we all have;

Parafield Gardens had a Sat Div7 side this year and next year hope
to have a Sat Div 4 A&B side to progress players
from the U17/18's E&D league to SAASL
Every Rat has his day !!

Coach
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Coach »

Can some one please come out from the SAASL and tell us what is going on with Salisbury villa because it's all cabernet what people are talking abut how about you's all go and worry about your clubs is it you's are sceard to play Salisbury villa hay or you's all don't like villa succeeding.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Coach wrote:Can some one please come out from the SAASL and tell us what is going on with Salisbury villa because it's all cabernet what people are talking abut how about you's all go and worry about your clubs is it you's are sceard to play Salisbury villa hay or you's all don't like villa succeeding.

unfortunately it's not just about Villa, it's about who may take their place or what other teams are affected if true, how about someone from Villa just come out and tell us the truth. Either they have been sanctioned or they have not, where there is smoke there is usually fire no point in hiding the truth so expose the untruths if they are there.

OnTheBench
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by OnTheBench »

Coach wrote:Can some one please come out from the SAASL and tell us what is going on with Salisbury villa because it's all cabernet what people are talking abut how about you's all go and worry about your clubs is it you's are sceard to play Salisbury villa hay or you's all don't like villa succeeding.

Not from SAASL but can confirm that Villa is Cabernet! :D

For a such a successful club, playing unregistered players would be frowned upon from the SAASL I would say.

For a team that 'supposibly' won promotion into Div1 you would think you would post something on your Facebook page to let the masses know. Or is it admission of guilt?

Coach
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Coach »

SCP wrote:

Not from SAASL but can confirm that Villa is Cabernet! :D

For a such a successful club, playing unregistered players would be frowned upon from the SAASL I would say.

For a team that 'supposibly' won promotion into Div1 you would think you would post something on your Facebook page to let the masses know. Or is it admission of guilt?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

spooky1972 wrote:

unfortunately it's not just about Villa, it's about who may take their place or what other teams are affected if true, how about someone from Villa just come out and tell us the truth. Either they have been sanctioned or they have not, where there is smoke there is usually fire no point in hiding the truth so expose the untruths if they are there.
Wasnt back in 2001 when a doctor associated with Salisbury Villa was found guilty of selling babies into New Zealand ..

Coach
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Coach »

Well I have just been told that villa are going up to div1 all the players that played in the last game were registered the ref done the card check so there is no issues if the ref checked the cards how could people come out and say that villa played different players if you's all think villa did name the players then.

OnTheBench
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by OnTheBench »

Coach wrote:Well I have just been told that villa are going up to div1 all the players that played in the last game were registered the ref done the card check so there is no issues if the ref checked the cards how could people come out and say that villa played different players if you's all think villa did name the players then.

I thought opposition teams do card checks in SAASL? Not referees.

OnTheBench
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by OnTheBench »

Coach wrote:Well I have just been told that villa are going up to div1 all the players that played in the last game were registered the ref done the card check so there is no issues if the ref checked the cards how could people come out and say that villa played different players if you's all think villa did name the players then.

A player in your memorial game for the late Bruno Constanzo, looks extremely like the guy who played for Salisbury United vs Cove. Well at least that's what the Facebook photos from your page and Salisbury United show.

Maybe your committee isn't telling you everything.

Coach
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Coach »

That's what everyone thought to but the ref checked so if there was players on there with out a pass I think the ref would of picked it up am I right or wrong

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Coach wrote:That's what everyone thought to but the ref checked so if there was players on there with out a pass I think the ref would of picked it up am I right or wrong
As proven this year ... Card checks are pointless.... Its up to the clubs to take video or photographic evidence then supply to the SAASL....

OnTheBench
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by OnTheBench »

Coach wrote:That's what everyone thought to but the ref checked so if there was players on there with out a pass I think the ref would of picked it up am I right or wrong
Again, referee don't do card checks. They simply collect the cards from both sides. Upon the request of a card check, the cards are handed to the opposition team to verify. The referee will not verify the player. It's the club job to prove otherwise and then take it up with the league.

Coach
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Coach »

Sorry everyone I have been told the villa are in div 2 next year that's what I have been told so let's wait and see what the SAASL say because I got told By a ex player from villa