DC findings

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

DC findings

Post by jackdogs »

As a result of an appeal over a technicality in a refs report being upheld, its really dissappointing to learn that the management committee of the referees has decided to not officiate Modbury Vista games for the remainder of the season. The dissappointing thing for us is that we now rely on club volunteers to referee for us for the rest of the year.
The system allows for clubs to appeal any findings and have their say. We found discrepencies with the refs report and appealed, our club highlighted the constitution and believed the report was in error. We put this to the DC and after a lot of debate our case was upheld in our favour and the player was permitted to play. As a club we where concerned to take this to the DC as we had conversations with other clubs and the common reply was "get ready for more games to be added", I felt that we had a good case and this found to be true. Now dissappointingly we learn that as a result of the DC appeal the referee management has instructed the league that they will not officiate our games.
As I said we will have club refs for the rest of the year and will do what we all want to do and play football and enjoy the sunday afternoon.

Very dissappointed chairman
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: DC findings

Post by legga »

jackdogs wrote:As a result of an appeal over a technicality in a refs report being upheld, its really dissappointing to learn that the management committee of the referees has decided to not officiate Modbury Vista games for the remainder of the season. The dissappointing thing for us is that we now rely on club volunteers to referee for us for the rest of the year.
The system allows for clubs to appeal any findings and have their say. We found discrepencies with the refs report and appealed, our club highlighted the constitution and believed the report was in error. We put this to the DC and after a lot of debate our case was upheld in our favour and the player was permitted to play. As a club we where concerned to take this to the DC as we had conversations with other clubs and the common reply was "get ready for more games to be added", I felt that we had a good case and this found to be true. Now dissappointingly we learn that as a result of the DC appeal the referee management has instructed the league that they will not officiate our games.
As I said we will have club refs for the rest of the year and will do what we all want to do and play football and enjoy the sunday afternoon.

So now you are left wide open to be accused of cheating, bias towards your teams. Can you get a retired ref or someone outside your club to do this, offer them big bucks and I am sure someone will do it.... So what this is saying is don't go against the ref's or they will shaft you in other ways. Throw it out there what if you were in the cup semi's, would they refuse to do these......Our C Grade ref could do it for you if you don't mind someone that refs in bare feet and stays in the centre circle..... :wink:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

thanks legga for the offer and I am sure to call you if we need him

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Does this mean you will be refereed by Macedonia's referee this week?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Wait.. so the league are refusing to provide you with Referees for your A grade games for the rest of the season? Am i reading that correctly?
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

fowler_23 wrote:Wait.. so the league are refusing to provide you with Referees for your A grade games for the rest of the season? Am i reading that correctly?
No, The Referee Association will not provide referees.
Agia Lavra 1821!

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

I think appealing a 4 match ban for a send off from a 2nd yellow is justified. There are no hard feelings to the ref, there were mistakes made which would've had a massive effect on the team so we risked further punishment to clear it up. It got sorted and we move on. The refs are so important and we appreciate the work they do, I understand an appeal might seem like a stab at them but we owed it to our player and the team to question the situation. I think the refs are standing up for their man which I understand but this is an overreaction that has an effect on so many that shouldn't be. I hope this can be resolved
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

jackdogs wrote:As a result of an appeal over a technicality in a refs report being upheld, its really dissappointing to learn that the management committee of the referees has decided to not officiate Modbury Vista games for the remainder of the season. The dissappointing thing for us is that we now rely on club volunteers to referee for us for the rest of the year.

What was the 'technicality' in the refs report? Did he say it happened in the 50th minute when it actually happened in the 51st minute?
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

Actually in his book had it down as 2 yellows an in his report where he talked a whole lot of cabernet put it down as a straight red the spud

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Well on a technicality can't you still get a straight red even if you are all ready on a yellow???

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Just when you think the amateur league couldn't get any more farcical out rolls another :clown:

A message to all you refs out there "THE GAME AIN'T ABOUT YOU" and try to understand that all the people stood on the sidelines watching the game have come to see the players - none of them are there to watch YOU.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

So the defence offered wasn't "I didn't do it", instead they said "Yeah sure I did it, but the ref said two yellows and then another time said straight red, so, you know, technicality and stuff, you'd better let me off." :lol:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

n8 wrote:Well on a technicality can't you still get a straight red even if you are all ready on a yellow???
Yes of course but he definitely gave the 2nd yellow then the red. If he had felt the 2nd offense was worth a straight red then it would have been a different story but he was sent off for 2 yellow card offenses and don't get me started on them because that's not the issue. I'd never heard of 2 yellows getting 4 games so naturally we inquired
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

otto62 wrote:So the defence offered wasn't "I didn't do it", instead they said "Yeah sure I did it, but the ref said two yellows and then another time said straight red, so, you know, technicality and stuff, you'd better let me off." :lol:
Haha no, it was a big game with a big crowd and I think on this occasion the ref may have got a bit caught up in the atmosphere. We had support from non-Vista as well, it was just a mistake that's all. I don't judge the ref on this game, I've never seen him before and am sure the mentioned incident doesn't reflect his ability as a ref. Their job is very hard, sometimes things don't go your way but this was a bit different. Match done, appeal done, lets hope things get sorted and go back to normal
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

What a joke. Refusing to send referees because an appeal against 2 yellow cards was won. If the referee is that incompetent he shouldn't be doing the job. It's a nothing situation that's become something.

Cat In The Hat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cat In The Hat »

You Too wrote:Just when you think the amateur league couldn't get any more farcical out rolls another :clown:

A message to all you refs out there "THE GAME AIN'T ABOUT YOU" and try to understand that all the people stood on the sidelines watching the game have come to see the players - none of them are there to watch YOU.
I go to watch the referees.
johndedes wrote:I have no idea

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

The referee accountability = ZERO

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

the facts are this,

referee shows 2nd yellow then red,
Player leaves the field and sits in change room,
Club official makes sure players welfare is OK,
Game concludes both team managers find ref check and sign team sheets
Senior coach asks ref after game clarification of 2nd yellow,
Ref explains to senior coach that it was because he didnt get behind the line of the ball for the penalty,
Senior coach disagrees and walks off
Some time later ref (still in uniform) walks in to Brahma club reminstrates with senior coach,
Ref was asked to leave club by Referees inspector,
Nothing more that night.
Suspension letter arrives at club,
Player given 4 weeks for R6 (use of provacative, offensive or abusive language and or gestures against a match official)
Club contact league for clarification as our team sheet shows Y2+Y2 = R7
Club informed that referees team sheet and report show R6 circled,
Chairman send, reluctantly a report to the Refs association,
Club enquire with Brahma about the reading on their team sheet and informed by then that theirs is the same as ours,
Club contacts league to submit an appeal on the grounds of the technicality,
Club told by league that we are risking lengthier suspension if unsuccessful,
Player, coach and chairman attend DC appeal hearing, state our case and have lengthy debate and enquisition,
DC committee return with findings that they have found that we have highlighted the techinicality that the 2 teams sheets from clubs matched however the referees didnt and all were signed, so the ref must have changed his team sheet after the handing them to both team managers,
Players suspension is 1 match for 2 yellows in the same game,
Club informed Wednesday afternoon that the refs association have withdrawn their services for all modbury vista fixtures for the remainder of the 2015 season.

That is the facts from our clubs point of view. What we are unsure about is why single out modbury vista, I trust that the refs association dont believe anything sinister has occured between our club and the league.

Chairman
MVSC

Jeremy Paxman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jeremy Paxman »

I wonder if they'll refuse to do Modbury Jets and Saint Peters games as well.
The English approach to ideas is not to kill them, but to let them die of neglect.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

jackdogs wrote:the facts are this,

Club contact league for clarification as our team sheet shows Y2+Y2 = R7
Club informed that referees team sheet and report show R6 circled,
Chairman send, reluctantly a report to the Refs association,
Club enquire with Brahma about the reading on their team sheet and informed by then that theirs is the same as ours,
Club contacts league to submit an appeal on the grounds of the technicality,
Club told by league that we are risking lengthier suspension if unsuccessful,
Player, coach and chairman attend DC appeal hearing, state our case and have lengthy debate and enquisition,
DC committee return with findings that they have found that we have highlighted the techinicality that the 2 teams sheets from clubs matched however the referees didnt and all were signed, so the ref must have changed his team sheet after the handing them to both team managers,
Players suspension is 1 match for 2 yellows in the same game,
Club informed Wednesday afternoon that the refs association have withdrawn their services for all modbury vista fixtures for the remainder of the 2015 season.

That is the facts from our clubs point of view. What we are unsure about is why single out modbury vista, I trust that the refs association dont believe anything sinister has occured between our club and the league.

Chairman
MVSC
If these are indeed the facts, the Ref has to be suspended and the SAASRA condemned for its reaction. Signed a former SAARA Referee who does NOT miss ref'ing.

penalty
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by penalty »

As a past referee, the referee stuffed up. Then why punish the club for a referees mistake. As a referee I hated going to the club rooms after a game. Has the referee in question been punished by the referees association.

Shearer09
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Shearer09 »

Referees are human aren't they?? If they are humans do make mistakes. Referees need to realise they get it wrong sometimes and stop being so precious

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

n8 wrote:Well on a technicality can't you still get a straight red even if you are all ready on a yellow???
Yes, but then you don't show the second yellow - just the red.

From reading this it would seem that saasra should instead look at the ref who has changed a match sheet after it being signed.

My club was at the DC last night and have shown on both occasions that the ref was lying. Saasra should be looking at refs changing match sheets and being proven liars before whingeing that clubs are following the correct process.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

otto62 wrote:So the defence offered wasn't "I didn't do it", instead they said "Yeah sure I did it, but the ref said two yellows and then another time said straight red, so, you know, technicality and stuff, you'd better let me off." :lol:
Quite right as well. The refs are like the police and if you get it wrong you don't get punished.

Punishment for 2 yellows = red is one game. The bloke got a one game ban so he didn't get off, he got the correct punishment.

Question should be - what's happening to the ref who forged the match sheet?
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

Ref should be sacked immediately. That is disgraceful conduct.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

Shearer09 wrote:Referees are human aren't they?? If they are humans do make mistakes. Referees need to realise they get it wrong sometimes and stop being so precious
This issue has shiraz all to do with "human error". The Ref changed the match sheet after it was signed by him and team officials, ALLEGEDLY. That is unethical and unprofessional. The match sheet is the official record of and it appears he altered it. Any comment, SAASRA Secretary? Are you still on this forum??

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

the league has been successful in obtaining us a qualified, non SAASRA aligned referee for our remaining games.

Reluctant Stereotype
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Reluctant Stereotype »

What happens next season?