Results 16/8

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Results 16/8

Post by fowler_23 »

BenQ wrote:Florina vs Macedonia

B's
Florina 5-4 Macedonia (Not entirely sure if correct score, Florina definitely with the win)

A's
Florina 1-0 Macedonia

Hard fought derby in the A's. Both sides had good chances in either half. Florina hit the post and had one cleared off the line, Macedonia with two 1v1 chances. A late own goal saw Florina get the three points in which was an entertaining game. A few big tackles went around the game, some a little dirtier than others, but all in all, was a hard fought game. Ref had a decent game IMO. A few questionable free kicks, for both sides, but you get that.

Good luck to Florina for the remainder of the season.
a florina game with a few big, dirty tackles - i dont believe you! :lol:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

CelticCrane36
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CelticCrane36 »

B Grade
Aldinga 1-5 or 6 Angle Vale

A Grsde
Aldinga 1-6 Angle Vale

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Pilots wrote:Gully v Modbury Grange. Not sure what all the dissing of the ref was about he was consistent imo. The new modbury grange pitch made for a scrappy game due to the ball constantly bobbling and bouncing which set up nicely for a hard tackling derby. This favoured MG and they got themselves into a nice two nil lead. To draw it from their sums up their season. Rightly so their supporters had a field day and stuck it to us. Well that backfired as the gully put away some crackers and gave it back. Typical gully Mg game I think. I thought the game ended at grange? Calling supporters this and that smacks of sore losing or sore drawing in this case. Game done. Now go fix your pitch and get ready for another season in div 2. As for gully we will see if we join you.
Would have said the same thing if we won mate, had planned to. Had nothing to do with the result just pointing it out. Anyway good luck in div 1, assuming you don't blow it from here
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

Pilots wrote:Gully v Modbury Grange. Not sure what all the dissing of the ref was about he was consistent imo. The new modbury grange pitch made for a scrappy game due to the ball constantly bobbling and bouncing which set up nicely for a hard tackling derby. This favoured MG and they got themselves into a nice two nil lead. To draw it from their sums up their season. Rightly so their supporters had a field day and stuck it to us. Well that backfired as the gully put away some crackers and gave it back. Typical gully Mg game I think. I thought the game ended at grange? Calling supporters this and that smacks of sore losing or sore drawing in this case. Game done. Now go fix your pitch and get ready for another season in div 2. As for gully we will see if we join you.

"Modbury Grange" as you like to put it so pathetically would have loved to have played our home game at Richardson Reserve our home for the last 20 years or so, however as the victim of a council that refuses to update any sporting grounds (unless you are at Tilley). We have used our main pitch area 70% less this year without having any affect from previous years. Our club lost around $3k on the weekend and looks like losing a lot more before the end of the year.
The game was a good hard entertaining game and the game can be cruel like the deflection in the 92nd minute. Having said that it was good banter and look forward to more in the future.
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

jackdogs wrote:

"Modbury Grange" as you like to put it so pathetically would have loved to have played our home game at Richardson Reserve our home for the last 20 years or so, however as the victim of a council that refuses to update any sporting grounds (unless you are at Tilley). We have used our main pitch area 70% less this year without having any affect from previous years. Our club lost around $3k on the weekend and looks like losing a lot more before the end of the year.
The game was a good hard entertaining game and the game can be cruel like the deflection in the 92nd minute. Having said that it was good banter and look forward to more in the future.
Heard the council asked the club to trim player numbers down as appose to doing anything about the surface is this true? Pretty poor if so. Would rather stop people being active in an age where obesity is becoming more common rather than do something with the oval.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

chunky-monkey wrote:
jackdogs wrote:

Heard the council asked the club to trim player numbers down as appose to doing anything about the surface is this true? Pretty poor if so. Would rather stop people being active in an age where obesity is becoming more common rather than do something with the oval.
If that is the case then what a bloody joke!!!! :evil:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

maybe not host a summer comp at Richardson Reserve :idea:

let it recover

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

Robbo the summer comp is the 7aside played by 5-12 year olds and was put in place to fill the void of kids not having anything to do, it has become so popular the Jets are also having a comp for simular age groups on burragah (another venue that gets plenty of council attention). We pride ourselves as a strong junior club as you no doubt are aware as your club has benefited over the years from the Modbury Vista junior program and no doubt will continue to do so.

True chunk we have been told to reduce numbers of kids playing and this is extremely disturbing as you highlight the issue with childhood obesity.

We have asked the council to committ to a artificial turf pitch somewhere in the council zone for all soccer clubs to use but at a cost of around $1m this seems a long way off. Unfortunately the popularity of the game has gotten to big for the council to keep up.
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

jackdogs wrote:Robbo the summer comp is the 7aside played by 5-12 year olds and was put in place to fill the void of kids not having anything to do, it has become so popular the Jets are also having a comp for simular age groups on burragah (another venue that gets plenty of council attention). We pride ourselves as a strong junior club as you no doubt are aware as your club has benefited over the years from the Modbury Vista junior program and no doubt will continue to do so.
Richardson Reserve has got to a point where safety concerns are forcing league matches away from the venue !!! You guys must manage your pitch better, it is what it is. There is only so much traffic it can take - as with any pitch.

I know the 7 a side thing is a good money spinner etc but you have a responsibility to provide reasonable, safe surfaces for your teams, esp junior teams to play on :!:

Its pretty black and white

All the best with getting the artifical pitch, that is the answer

kingkenny
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by kingkenny »

Move the club to a Salisbury council area they are absolutely magnificent with their clubs Tea Tree Gully council are a long way behind

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

kingkenny wrote:Move the club to a Salisbury council area they are absolutely magnificent with their clubs Tea Tree Gully council are a long way behind
Move to Salisbury? Never! Gully and Vista are so looked after in the junior ranks they would never move. Been protected by E&D up there by not introducing other clubs to the area where an area flooded with good clubs like Elizabeth and surrounds gets new clubs introduced - I even heard there is a plan for another one. Introducing another club into that area is as unlikely as introducing "one club one vote" to E&D.