RESULTS SUN 9th AUG

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Carrot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RESULTS SUN 9th AUG

Post by Carrot »

Your newspaper must be a bit dodgy cause it farm only had 1 penalty knights had the other

strawney
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by strawney »

Also , it was a southern knights linesman.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

downs v inter scores ??

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

SID wrote:The Leon one is interesting ... I wasn't at the game but the newspaper report is 2 pens for Farm and a goal given that the linesman said didn't cross the line
Leon is no cheat, he takes his refereeing seriously and really enjoys the challenge. In his playing days he played for Easties, Inter and Farm, big deal, good on him for wanting to stay involved with the game helping with the problem of not having enough referees.

Knowing him as I do, I would back him ethically 100%, anyone that doesn't just doesn't know the bloke.

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jonnomath »

Robbo wrote:downs v inter scores ??
I heard inter won 1-0 in both As and Bs... Don't know Cs

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

jonnomath wrote:
Robbo wrote:downs v inter scores ??
I heard inter won 1-0 in both As and Bs... Don't know Cs
cheers bud

Soccer Fan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soccer Fan »

East brahma scores anyone?

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eric the great »

jets1 wrote:East brahma scores anyone?
Opening post mate.
When seagulls follow a trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

strawney wrote:Also , it was a southern knights linesman.
And an Ingle Farm referee
Are you Bodo in disguise?

lineker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lineker »

Cs inter 1-2 downs

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Knight15 wrote:
predator wrote:
Knight15 wrote:Well done to Farm who look like they will win the league this year dodge a bullet today however with a phantom goal and clear penalty denied
Let's talk about your dodgy linesman, spoilt what would have been a good game
Had a few too many of your own beers? From start to finish you guys were on Leon who pretty much gave you every decision and when our Linesman didn't you gave him crap, you only had about 3 offsides (which were all there) nice deflection though
Southern Knights not whinging about referees are they? A few weeks back @ Knights we had possibly the most biased, one sided and cheating home side referee I've ever experienced. Pot. Kettle. Black.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Big G wrote:
Knight15 wrote:
predator wrote: Let's talk about your dodgy linesman, spoilt what would have been a good game
Had a few too many of your own beers? From start to finish you guys were on Leon who pretty much gave you every decision and when our Linesman didn't you gave him crap, you only had about 3 offsides (which were all there) nice deflection though
We won't miss your whinging when you're in div 2 mate, f***ing whaa Whaa!!!
Big loss of respect for you with that comment....how can you tell from the goal line whether a linesman 80 metres away from you was giving the right or wrong decision...(ie offsides). ?
Knights probably deserved something from the game....but it is what it is...enjoy your League title, but no need for the other crap.

Also..Didn't matter what our linesman said about Farm's 3rd goal around the 90th minute mark...referee never consulted the linesman...yet one of Farm's followers who was near the goal told me that the ball was no where near being across the line.
Last edited by swannsong on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

ManCityMan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ManCityMan »

I used to play at a number of different clubs in federation and amateurs. If you've been around the game long enough you know people at almost every single club so there is always a chance to have a perceived "conflict". Ex players and current players often make good referees and a good referee will always put any conflict out of mind for the 90 minutes. I can tell you from experience refs really don't care who wins - we just want to walk on with 22 players and off with 22 - no players hurt and no send offs.

Today for example there was guys on both teams that my brother used to play with, one coach was my dads friend, the other a cousin of my mate. My ex team mates were in the crowd of one side, a friend from the gym on the field for the other.

I've even been sent to referee my own club where I am a life member by the league, but you just call fouls as you see them.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

redders wrote: Southern Knights not whinging about referees are they? A few weeks back @ Knights we had possibly the most biased, one sided and cheating home side referee I've ever experienced. Pot. Kettle. Black.
He may miss stuff (as most referees being human do), but doesn't 'cheat' as you put it redders.....
SID wrote:The Leon one is interesting ... I wasn't at the game but the newspaper report is 2 pens for Farm and a goal given that the linesman said didn't cross the line
Probably my bad SID, Craig Laird rang me up and I wasn't too sure about Farm's goals...think I got confused with Eggers converting a penalty in the Bs and Mustafa Ipekdal converting a penalty for the As, plus Knights Jamie Faulkner scored the opener from the spot ...was 1-0.... 1-1.... 2-1 .... 2-2 .... 2-3 .... with Knights players obviouslygutted by the decision for Farm's third goal after playing so well...

penalty
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by penalty »

I had the pleasure of coaching Leon the last 3 seasons and involved with his progress towards his SAASRA Level 2. When he is on the park he gives his best. he is fair and honest,
He is going to make a good referee.

GullysFinest
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GullysFinest »

TTG - FLORINA

B's
TTG 4-1 FLORINA
good hard fought game, ttg going 1-0 down to equalise just before half time. florina had a soft red card which probably wasn't a red, but he did decided to talk back to the ref while on a yellow.

A's
TTG 3-3 FLORINA
cracking 90 minute battle which some quality goals! both teams missing easy opportunitys gully probably the worst missing a couple from the 6 yard box. florina with 2 red cards late in the game
and gully missing a penalty in the dying moments of the game!

cheers for coming in for a drink and food florina lads, good luck for the battle for that second spot!

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

swannsong wrote:
redders wrote: Southern Knights not whinging about referees are they? A few weeks back @ Knights we had possibly the most biased, one sided and cheating home side referee I've ever experienced. Pot. Kettle. Black.
He may miss stuff (as most referees being human do), but doesn't 'cheat' as you put it redders.....
We'll just have to disagree on this one Swanny. In my opinion he missed the stuff on us and gave the home side everything, including one of the softest penalties ever. It felt like cheating or favoritism, whether it was intentional or not.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

redders wrote:
swannsong wrote:
We'll just have to disagree on this one Swanny. In my opinion he missed the stuff on us and gave the home side everything, including one of the softest penalties ever. It felt like cheating or favoritism, whether it was intentional or not.
I guess we will have to disagree...I'd say many of our players and supporters would have been aggrieved at the free kicks for Knights that were missed in the Reserves game against the Downs, but hey that's done and dusted....different eyes see different things...
I remember refereeing a Reserve Cup game (as an official referee sometime between 1996-1999) between Elizabeth Downs and Noarlunga Lions (both teams I had played for)....both teams accused me of favoring the other side....go figure :shock:
Last edited by swannsong on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

SAASL Are looking at options for goal line technology as was seen at an FFSA game yesterday.....if they can get enough assistant referees... a little bit invasive though :D

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

Just to clarify, I wasn't inferring that Leon was a cheat. I've known him a long time and get on well with him and personally don't have any issues with him.
This issue comes up every time Brad French refs Inter, Florina etc and will when Leon does Farm or Easties.....
I'd just spoken to Craig Laird who had told me the report from the Farm vs Knights game and thought there would be a lot of comments as obviously with 2 pens and a disputed goal for Farm and Leon having played there.
The comments will continue and I think it puts those refs under more pressure doing those games.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Despite the controversy it was a cracking game that could have gone either way. Hopefully we can build on this and get the wins needed to stay up

Also despite everything would be good to see Ingle Farm win the league this year been along time coming

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Knight15 wrote:Despite the controversy it was a cracking game that could have gone either way. Hopefully we can build on this and get the wins needed to stay up

Also despite everything would be good to see Ingle Farm win the league this year been along time coming
Cheers mate, best of luck for the remainder of the year, a couple of results could secure your safety!

P.S. We all missed your post-match presentation. Felt like a comedy gig last season, was brilliant
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Judge Judy wrote:
Knight15 wrote:Despite the controversy it was a cracking game that could have gone either way. Hopefully we can build on this and get the wins needed to stay up

Cheers mate, best of luck for the remainder of the year, a couple of results could secure your safety!

P.S. We all missed your post-match presentation. Felt like a comedy gig last season, was brilliant
Thanks, I had a daughter in hospital and only had a short leave pass

Ali Dia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ali Dia »

Leon is a decent referee and is not a cheat. He loves the games, we need more decent ex players like Leon to transition into refereeing. The more we verbally bash referees the less referees we are going to have in the future...
!!Former Southampton Player!!
Influences: Graeme Souness & Matt Le Tissier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfX9gBmsWqg

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Knight15 wrote:
Judge Judy wrote:

Thanks, I had a daughter in hospital and only had a short leave pass
Hope all is well mate
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

BB4LIFE wrote:BRAHMA LEAGUE CHAMPIONS IN THE A AND B GRADE GET AROUND US
Well in lads hope it was a big 1 celebrating last night. Lets finish the season off undefeated now

absolutely appalled
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by absolutely appalled »

Div 3 Sunday , angle vale beat paynham, raptors beat blue Eagles, Pontians beat plympton

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

WeAreTheGully wrote:TTG - FLORINA

B's
TTG 4-1 FLORINA
good hard fought game, ttg going 1-0 down to equalise just before half time. florina had a soft red card which probably wasn't a red, but he did decided to talk back to the ref while on a yellow.

A's
TTG 3-3 FLORINA
cracking 90 minute battle which some quality goals! both teams missing easy opportunitys gully probably the worst missing a couple from the 6 yard box. florina with 2 red cards late in the game
and gully missing a penalty in the dying moments of the game!

cheers for coming in for a drink and food florina lads, good luck for the battle for that second spot!
How many red cards is that now? At what point do the league step in and start punishing them?

OMG
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by OMG »

There would have to be a review of how the red cards were issued (2 yellows or a straight red) before penalizing the club itself as yellows are handed out like lollies by some of the referees HOWEVER if it is the same player(s) getting done each time then they need to look at themselves, think about how they play, learn and consider the rest of their team mates and their supporters who turn up each week.

Maybe a lengthy suspension for the player(s) if repeat offenders is the answer as this will also impact on the club?

Looking at some of their results maybe Florina should just start with 9 players from kick off and save the referee doing the paperwork later!!

nohands
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by nohands »

I know its amateurs but why do we have so many grenache ruining this great sport? Why can't these grenache just play soccer/football fairly. I think coaches and team management need to take more responsibility and pull these grenache into line. Start punishing the repeat grenache with match suspensions. Theres a lot of grenache who obviously cant win just by playing football. They have to kick and elbow behind play or try and injure players with late tackles. It would be good to look forward to playing a hard but fair team for once.