Raptors Pre season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

Bragging rights aside, it would’ve benefited Pontians to let us come away with a win on Sunday.

We would’ve stuck around and drank the bar dry after the game in celebration and made them some extra money, not to mention the fact that next season thered be some anticipation leading up to the two home and away games.

Two Greek clubs going up against each other in div 1 would’ve proven to be pretty popular and both sides would make a little bit extra on game day

But in saying that, I was glad to see them playing their strongest side and wanting to come away with a win. We didnt want it any other way. Just unfortunate we couldnt pull it off

The Mexican
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Mexican »

I think 12 pages about your pre-season for 2007 is about as much as all of us can take.

How about you begin a new topic... Raptors Pre- Season 2008 :) :) :)

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

florina vs pontians

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Mega, I say I was suprised with Raptors this season because I compared you side the side that played last year. You have had a couple of very good inclusions this year and have done well. And to be honest I thought Div 2 would of been harder than what it was. But when you think about it 5 teams went up from last year and Royal Park were nowhere.

And yes I agree with you, you did miss a few players during the year and in the last game against us. Like I have said earlier I think if you kept all your players on the park you might have won the game. For me personally it was hard because I did want to see you guys be promoted but I couldnt and wouldnt play in a manner that wasnt to my best ability. Like someone said before it would of been in our best interest to help you get promoted for next year, but I think we have gained respect from the league showing that we played a strong side and at the end of the day we held the ball and kept it cause we had the extra man. I really think the send off hurt ya and it was so unnessacery.

Good Luck next year.

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Popov vromgolarov »

Well done to all the raptors boys not only for their year but also for their performance on sunday.

As for the pontians i would think you guys need a massive improvement if you're going to compete in the 'big league' .........I'm talking about your bbq efforts of course could've done with some marinade fellas seriously have you guys hear of putting some lemon and salt on the lamb prior to/while its cooking????

Nah seriously well done, and all the best for next year.

Just a thought but maybe the clubs could keep this cup that was on offer going as a one off next year as a friendly perhaps in the lead up to the season???

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

The Mexican wrote:I think 12 pages about your pre-season for 2007 is about as much as all of us can take.

How about you begin a new topic... Raptors Pre- Season 2008 :) :) :)
Don't read it.....plenty of other threads on this forum!!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Yes, some of us love reading about the BBQ and how many chicken wings were eaten etc all quality stuff - as the boy said if you don't like it don't read it!

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Popov vromgolarov wrote:Well done to all the raptors boys not only for their year but also for their performance on sunday.

As for the pontians i would think you guys need a massive improvement if you're going to compete in the 'big league' .........I'm talking about your bbq efforts of course could've done with some marinade fellas seriously have you guys hear of putting some lemon and salt on the lamb prior to/while its cooking????

Nah seriously well done, and all the best for next year.

Just a thought but maybe the clubs could keep this cup that was on offer going as a one off next year as a friendly perhaps in the lead up to the season???
Agree with your sugestion and will let the club know. Maybe the weekend game just before the season starts? They will get both teams pumped!

Chopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chopper »

[quote="robinfriday10"]florina vs pontians[/quote]

Florina to lose a few players and will be no match for Pontians next year :shock: :shock:

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

whos leaving chopper

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Chopper wrote:
robinfriday10 wrote:florina vs pontians
Florina to lose a few players and will be no match for Pontians next year :shock: :shock:
Worry about your own club Chopper and I'm not talking about Westies :shock: :shock: :wink:

Chopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chopper »

[quote="robinfriday10"]whos leaving chopper[/quote]

Just hearing about retirements from a few of the old boys. 8) 8)

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Florina have offered me all the chicken wings I can eat to go and play there next year. Very tempting offer to

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

JayWalking wrote:Florina have offered me all the chicken wings I can eat to go and play there next year. Very tempting offer to
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO :lol:

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

:!:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

ROBBO wrote:
JayWalking wrote:Florina have offered me all the chicken wings I can eat to go and play there next year. Very tempting offer to
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO :lol:
Chairman Robbo doesn't have a nice ring to it though. Can't have a Power supporter running the club.

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colon clenser »

where u surprised with the 2 official linesmen golden eagle,,i wasnt ,,knowing that the phones to ya preseident had been running hot all week,even more surprising was when the referee waved down the offside that led to your first goal,,actually was quite funny especially when the linesman was dave the referees co-ordinator,,im sure that referee would off got a talking to after the game

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

colon clenser wrote:where u surprised with the 2 official linesmen golden eagle,,i wasnt ,,knowing that the phones to ya preseident had been running hot all week,even more surprising was when the referee waved down the offside that led to your first goal,,actually was quite funny especially when the linesman was dave the referees co-ordinator,,im sure that referee would off got a talking to after the game
Talking to after the match......I don't thinks so!!!!!!!

He wouldn't even let our captain talk to him during the game!!!!!!!

I thought with that meeting a few weeks back when the league handed out the green and orange bibs to clubs they also handed out captains arm bands so the ref knew who the captains were so they could talk to them during the game..... Maybe that ref didn't know there was a meeting and some new rules....shiraz wit!!!

No sour grapes or anything against any Pontians players or there Club (except one S.P....the coock) but the ref on Sunday was pathetic....the tool.......I still don't understand how the ref waved away an official linesman.....I have never seen this happen B4.....not even in the world cup would a ref wave away the linesman!!!!!........Checking the pressure of the balls at the 68th minute mark.......WTF????

I can go on but it wont change anything and it would sound like sour grapes which it's not.

We had a great year and I would like to thank everyone at the ISC Raptors.....GREAT EFFORT :D :D

Good luck to The Pontians and West Beach next year in Div 1.

P.S GE, if we do go ahead and have the pre-season game (as mention previously) lets make sure we don't have the same ref as my throat couldn't stand 90mins of shouting at him......LOL :lol:

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

robinfriday10 wrote:florina vs pontians
oh yeah, how could i forget

theyre the team i got injured against and missed the whole season!
:x
(not that it was anyones fault though)

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

g'day boys

ikon from the grave here, justa short hello to my friend maxin who i promised i would post something.

hope ur all well and enjoyed presentation night.

as for the season i enjoyed what i could from it and wish we couldve jagged a promotion spot but wasnt to be.

few points on the season....
1. form counts for nothing- its quite simply on the day.

2. refs need attention- when clubs put so much money into running clubs, volunteering time, paying fees etc....the very least we expect is someone who is competant....it really is a disgrace that 1 person can influence a game and not be accountable for their mistakes...1st ive heard of it in the life...not talking about any particular game just in general in amature league.

3 the raptors are definately on the way up but i firmly beleive we need a a championship. we have never won anything and yet been promoted 3 times in 4 years...i firmly beleive this is the missing link...but at what cost?........we will never pay players....we will never let one individual or group of individuals dictate the clubs direction or hold the club to ransom cos players come and go....frineds are for ever.

4. i hope we can continue to grow and develop a strong greek based club out of the eastern suburbs run by guys that go back some 25 years...thats loyalty.

5. i think both the raptors and pontians gained some credibility in the amature league for not fixing their last game...it couldve of been done but wasnt .some say the pontions wanted to teach us a lesson in respect. i say we werent quite good enough...but i'd rather be in out position with guys with an average age of 23-26 then 35+...dont be surprised if we get promoted in the next year or 2 and they slide. the guys i know from there have been there 10+ years and i have the up most respect for. i know the hard work they have put in and wish them all the best and they deserve their success. bravo boys and enjoy the limelight....some ofthe anglo clubs could take note....all they do is bi-itch !!!!

6 i'll be sitti8ng back next year enjoying training once week, helping the clubs off the park and enjoying a souvlaki on match days...after i play in the c's. ...thanks for your support boys.

a bigs heads up to mega for being a top coach and making our team a squad that our club is proud of.

makia tones x

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

ikon wrote:g'day boys

ikon from the grave here, justa short hello to my friend maxin who i promised i would post something.

hope ur all well and enjoyed presentation night.

as for the season i enjoyed what i could from it and wish we couldve jagged a promotion spot but wasnt to be.

few points on the season....
1. form counts for nothing- its quite simply on the day.

2. refs need attention- when clubs put so much money into running clubs, volunteering time, paying fees etc....the very least we expect is someone who is competant....it really is a disgrace that 1 person can influence a game and not be accountable for their mistakes...1st ive heard of it in the life...not talking about any particular game just in general in amature league.

3 the raptors are definately on the way up but i firmly beleive we need a a championship. we have never won anything and yet been promoted 3 times in 4 years...i firmly beleive this is the missing link...but at what cost?........we will never pay players....we will never let one individual or group of individuals dictate the clubs direction or hold the club to ransom cos players come and go....frineds are for ever.

4. i hope we can continue to grow and develop a strong greek based club out of the eastern suburbs run by guys that go back some 25 years...thats loyalty.

5. i think both the raptors and pontians gained some credibility in the amature league for not fixing their last game...it couldve of been done but wasnt .some say the pontions wanted to teach us a lesson in respect. i say we werent quite good enough...but i'd rather be in out position with guys with an average age of 23-26 then 35+...dont be surprised if we get promoted in the next year or 2 and they slide. the guys i know from there have been there 10+ years and i have the up most respect for. i know the hard work they have put in and wish them all the best and they deserve their success. bravo boys and enjoy the limelight....some ofthe anglo clubs could take note....all they do is bi-itch !!!!

6 i'll be sitti8ng back next year enjoying training once week, helping the clubs off the park and enjoying a souvlaki on match days...after i play in the c's. ...thanks for your support boys.

a bigs heads up to mega for being a top coach and making our team a squad that our club is proud of.

makia tones x
firstly, a huge hello to ikon whos made his way back onto the forum after a lengthy absence - good to have you back!

i agree with everything you wrote aswell. you made some good points, especially about the standard of referees.

but what i liked most was points 3 & 4. We have a special club at the Raptors, whihc should never be taken for granted.

also look forward to seeing you out more on the training track next year ikon. wanna see 10 goals from you in the C's!
:wink:

On Holiday
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by On Holiday »

The Ikes has made a come back, let's hope you can do as well in your come back in early feb as you did in this speech. Highly inspirational and motivating the Ike.

My season was over before it even started last year, so I am also looking to a great next couple of years, as they might be my last. Looking forward to linking up with Maxin again and him scoring from the most unexpected situations and winning games of his own boot. I am sure that had he not been injured this year, the raptors story would be quite different today.

Good job by Mega to cement a couple of new faces into the side and have the team gel with so many positional changes & players missing due to injuryt over the year. It just goes to show, that TEAMS will always succeed.

I love you Ikon!

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

On Holiday wrote:Looking forward to linking up with Maxin again and him scoring from the most unexpected situations and winning games of his own boot. I am sure that had he not been injured this year, the raptors story would be quite different today.
so very true!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Looks like the pre season has lasted the whole season

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Bodø Glimt wrote:Looks like the pre season has lasted the whole season
we were talking about pre-season 2008

we just like to get in early sometimes!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Damn... I have to get up really early to catch you out :wink:

finderskeeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by finderskeeper »

Bodø Glimt wrote:Damn... I have to get up really early to catch you out :wink:
Why don't Raptors start 2008 as a new topic then!

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

finderskeeper wrote:
Bodø Glimt wrote:Damn... I have to get up really early to catch you out :wink:
Why don't Raptors start 2008 as a new topic then!
Why this one is going great guns!! :lol: :lol:

Maxi, On Holiday & Ikon.......will I be seeing you guys in Melbourne this weekend?????

On Holiday
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by On Holiday »

I like our chances this week LFC8, I think that we have the stronger ruckman with a little more versatility and we have more speed. Wakelin will keep Mooney quiet. Wilson is a massive loss for us, as we are now a little short in the hardmen department, I think either Thomas or Gray should come in for him, both are hard units.

But damn right! we will see you in Melbourne.

Mega, are you going to make the trip? :)

SquishedMidden
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by SquishedMidden »

Tough gig with Bartell and G.Ablett - planty of promise - play 4 quarters and it is ours!

$206.30 is a bit rude for a ticket, but hey like i'd miss out!!!
If you do it topless, I'll give you a Fiddy....