Question ?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Question ?

Post by swannsong »

I think I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway.
If a Federation players has had his 'FFSA contract' recently terminated can he be registered with an SAASL club.
Heard this happened to a lad recently....if he can't it means he can't play football anymore this year...especially considering it wasn't his choice.

I remember a few years ago Freddy Agius was playing in Maylasia and the league wound up and he became a free agent to play for Parafield....can't remember the timing though.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Question ?

Post by spooky1972 »

to my understanding he can't play - even though the contract is terminated it is no different to a ffsa player being signed off when requesting a transfer to the saasl which must be done before June30.

OnTheBench
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by OnTheBench »

Surely he is treated as 'free agent' and since he has not been previously registered with an amateur club, no transfer form is needed. Would be treated as a new player.

Let's me ask the same question in a different way. If it was prior to June 30, and he had no contract then my understanding is that he wouldn't require a transfer form to register as literally he would not have a club to answer to.

What may be required is proof from the ffsa that his registration has been terminated which he can easily get.

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

The two associations do not communicate and work with each other. I think it would be best if players from FFSA were allowed to play in SAASL as long as they are playing under their real names. If guys want to play Saturday in the FFSA and Sunday in the SAASL then they should be allowed. That would stop many problems that the SAASL league experiences.

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by My White Devil »

Who would you expect to pay their FFSA wages if they get injured in a SAASL match?
John Webster was one of the best there was

Lost User
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost User »

The big question is why would an FFSA club terminate his contract this far into the season?

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jonnomath »

Lost User wrote:The big question is why would an FFSA club terminate his contract this far into the season?
Because he was playing for a sunday SAASL team ... vicious circle really...

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Lost User wrote:The big question is why would an FFSA club terminate his contract this far into the season?
Change of coaching staff, clear out maybe.....

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

My White Devil wrote:Who would you expect to pay their FFSA wages if they get injured in a SAASL match?
As per his contract I think you will find it will have something on there to cover the Federation club, stating he cannot play in another competition. In which case his contract would become null and void and wages sacrificed.

If his contract has no such clause, he could possibly demand his wages from his FFSA club. The SAASL would have nothing to do with his FFSA contract.

I remember a few years ago a friend of mine playing at a Fed Club had to sign a form that basically stopped him from playing in any other competition, Futsal and Amateur soccer included. This was seperate to his contract from memory.
HA'WAY THE LADS

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

swannsong wrote:
So the lad is from Seaford

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by My White Devil »

In that case to stop orakle fro claiming they were poached.
John Webster was one of the best there was

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

swannsong wrote:I think I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway.
If a Federation players has had his 'FFSA contract' recently terminated can he be registered with an SAASL club.
Heard this happened to a lad recently....if he can't it means he can't play football anymore this year...especially considering it wasn't his choice.

I remember a few years ago Freddy Agius was playing in Maylasia and the league wound up and he became a free agent to play for Parafield....can't remember the timing though.
The league may have wound up but Freddie still had a contract with his club. He signed a SAASL Cancellation Form which was lodged before 30 June but SAASL wanted a written clearance from his club which we eventually got via email from Indonesian. So not quite the same.

Regardless whether a contract was terminated the fact that he was registered with FFSA in 2015 he can not transfer to a SAASL club after 30 June. If a player comes from overseas or interstate they can register with as a new player with SAASL up to Round 12.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

lefty wrote:
swannsong wrote:I think I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway.

The league may have wound up but Freddie still had a contract with his club. He signed a SAASL Cancellation Form which was lodged before 30 June but SAASL wanted a written clearance from his club which we eventually got via email from Indonesian. So not quite the same.

Regardless whether a contract was terminated the fact that he was registered with FFSA in 2015 he can not transfer to a SAASL club after 30 June. If a player comes from overseas or interstate they can register with as a new player with SAASL up to Round 12.
The termination of the contract is the exact same thing as a release form (the player is released) and both need to be done prior to June30 to register. If he didn't sign for the FFSA he would be considered a new player but once that registration was signed with the FFSA the player needs a release or termination and must be done prior to June30 as per SAASL policy.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

bloodypassit wrote:
swannsong wrote:
So the lad is from Seaford
Could be, don't actually know if he was interested or not....just wanted to get forumite views....I was of the belief that it was too late....just seems unfair for the lad to be in no-man's land 'til the start of next season.

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getinthere »

So with the FFSA season finishing in a couple weeks time if players could sign for a SAASL team if their contract was terminated, question is "Would there be an influx of teams signing uncontracted players?"

With regards to the poor lad not playing for the rest of the year he would only have 2 games left anyway. Just means he finishes his season earlier.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Getinthere wrote:So with the FFSA season finishing in a couple weeks time if players could sign for a SAASL team if their contract was terminated, question is "Would there be an influx of teams signing uncontracted players?"

With regards to the poor lad not playing for the rest of the year he would only have 2 games left anyway. Just means he finishes his season earlier.
True, but we are pretty desperate this with quite a few injuries etc and not many points :(

astonvilla91
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by astonvilla91 »

Tried actually contacting SAASL? They might have something in their rules about being able to judge it case by case so players can just get on with playing football.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

astonvilla91 wrote:Tried actually contacting SAASL? They might have something in their rules about being able to judge it case by case so players can just get on with playing football.
Our secretary contacted the SAASL... no go...but we assumed that was the case anyway.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Pretty poor by the FFSA club to sack the player via SMS...

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

bloodypassit wrote:Pretty poor by the FFSA club to sack the player via SMS...
Indeed, twitter would have been a more up to date way these days !

(Not good for the lad !)

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

swannsong wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:Pretty poor by the FFSA club to sack the player via SMS...
Indeed, twitter would have been a more up to date way these days !

(Not good for the lad !)
Make that lads