Cup games this w'end

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Cup games this w'end

Post by Hullcityafc »

2questions....
Once you've an played A grade cup game, no matter what Position you play, are you "Cup tied" so you can't play for B grade if there through to there nxt round ????

Nxt
If a player is through on goal....chips the keeper ( last line of defence out side the box) and the keeper handles the ball ( goalward bound ) deliberately.......RED CARD???????

Thoughts

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Cup games this w'end

Post by swannsong »

Hullcityafc wrote:2questions....
Once you've an played A grade cup game, no matter what Position you play, are you "Cup tied" so you can't play for B grade if there through to there nxt round ????

Nxt
If a player is through on goal....chips the keeper ( last line of defence out side the box) and the keeper handles the ball ( goalward bound ) deliberately.......RED CARD???????

Thoughts
(1) Correct
(2) Depends on the referee, but usually Red card....however, in the discussion that has ensued since I posted my reply, it seems that too much detail had been left out of your questions for anyone to have given the right referee responses to what might have actually happened
Last edited by swannsong on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

swannsong wrote:

Nxt

Thoughts
(1) Correct
(2) Depends on the referee, but usually Red card
Should always be a red card so I assume depends on the red means the same as - was the red competent?

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

God is an Englishman wrote:
swannsong wrote:

Nxt

Thoughts
(1) Correct
(2) Depends on the referee, but usually Red card
Should always be a red card so I assume depends on the red means the same as - was the red competent?

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

Definitely a RED CARD but he bottled it due to "where he was, even the linesman was amazed"
As for playing Agrade players .......well they thought it was ok as "keepers " can........whoooooops

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Hullcityafc wrote:Definitely a RED CARD but he bottled it due to "where he was, even the linesman was amazed"
As for playing Agrade players .......well they thought it was ok as "keepers " can........whoooooops
Macedonia vs Farm game? check all the facts before you make yourself look really silly!
HA'WAY THE LADS

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Hullcityafc wrote:Definitely a RED CARD but he bottled it due to "where he was, even the linesman was amazed"
Macedonia vs Farm game? check all the facts before you make yourself look really silly!
Explain!!!!!

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

Hullcityafc wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Explain!!!!!
Not looking silly at all. I've asked a question, it happened exactly as I asked, what's your point?????

MIA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MIA »

So your suggesting Ingle Farm played there A grade keeper in the reserves cup today.....

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

If you think he's a grade keeper then you are very silly...

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Hullcityafc wrote:
Hullcityafc wrote: As for playing Agrade players .......well they thought it was ok as "keepers " can........whoooooops
Not looking silly at all. I've asked a question, it happened exactly as I asked, what's your point?????
A player can be listed in the Premier Cup as a Substitute goalkeeper and still be eligble for the reserve cup as long has does not take the field.
MIA wrote:So your suggesting Ingle Farm played there A grade keeper in the reserves cup today.....
As for the red card can you explain why the goalkeepers hat went flying in the air and nose started to bleed after the ball struck him in the face? I was a few yards away from the goalkeeper at the time. The officiating in the game was very poor and only made worse by the lack of confidence the ref had for his linesman. If the two clubs didn't clearly have the best intentions for the game (which they did) it could have got well out of hand.

I think if anything the players should be applauded for not allowing the game to be completely ruined. no more, no less.
HA'WAY THE LADS

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Hullcityafc wrote:
Hullcityafc wrote: As for playing Agrade players .......well they thought it was ok as "keepers " can........whoooooops
A player can be listed in the Premier Cup as a Substitute goalkeeper and still be eligble for the reserve cup as long has does not take the field.
MIA wrote:So your suggesting Ingle Farm played there A grade keeper in the reserves cup today.....
As for the red card can you explain why the goalkeepers hat went flying in the air and nose started to bleed after the ball struck him in the face? I was a few yards away from the goalkeeper at the time. The officiating in the game was very poor and only made worse by the lack of confidence the ref had for his linesman. If the two clubs didn't clearly have the best intentions for the game (which they did) it could have got well out of hand.

I think if anything the players should be applauded for not allowing the game to be completely ruined. no more, no less.
The linesman gave a "Handball by the keeper, then gave his "opinion".... The free kick was awarded for "handball........so RED CARD..the REF bottled it And gave him a yellow, i was yards from it, the "bigger" clubs get the decisions....FACT

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Sounds a bit like sour grapes really. You were beaten, end of story.

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

jogger wrote:Sounds a bit like sour grapes really. You were beaten, end of story.

Nothing sour, I asked a question, shame the "Ref" got it wrong....good luck tho.... the Maso boys tested you today
Last edited by Hullcityafc on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Hullcityafc wrote:
jogger wrote:Sounds a bit like sour grapes really. You were beaten, end of story.

Nothing sour, I asked a question, shame the "Ref" got it wrong....good luck tho.... the Mason boys tested you today
Perhaps given there was no handball the overall outcome was 'correct' irrespective of the decision.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Hullcityafc wrote: The linesman gave a "Handball by the keeper, then gave his "opinion".... The free kick was awarded for "handball........so RED CARD..the REF bottled it And gave him a yellow, i was yards from it, the "bigger" clubs get the decisions....FACT
I'm not arguing that the ref made a mistake, it wasn't handball in the first place. Neither linesman were confident enough to make a decision all game, I was told by the other linesman the referee had told him that "if offside is yelled to put up his flag" FACT.
Hullcityafc wrote: Nothing sour, I asked a question, shame the "Ref" got it wrong....good luck tho.... the Mason boys tested you today
The who?
HA'WAY THE LADS

legendaryhasbeen
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by legendaryhasbeen »

I was at the game, the decisions definitely weren't all ingle farms way, bad offside calls, ridiculous free kicks, handballs missed and wrong interpretations of the rules were given all day both ways. The situation your complaining about happened near the end when Macedonia were 4-2 down with 5 to go...so game was almost over...although you were gifted an astonishing 13 minutes injury time, and ingle farm made to re take a penalty they'd scored because your player ran into the box..in short macedonia fought hard and won the first half but were overrun by a fitter disciplined unit in the second.

MIA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MIA »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Hullcityafc wrote: The linesman gave a "Handball by the keeper, then gave his "opinion".... The free kick was awarded for "handball........so RED CARD..the REF bottled it And gave him a yellow, i was yards from it, the "bigger" clubs get the decisions....FACT
I'm not arguing that the ref made a mistake, it wasn't handball in the first place. Neither linesman were confident enough to make a decision all game, I was told by the other linesman the referee had told him that "if offside is yelled to put up his flag" FACT.
Hullcityafc wrote: Nothing sour, I asked a question, shame the "Ref" got it wrong....good luck tho.... the Mason boys tested you today
The who?

Perhaps the official got it right? Sounds like the keeper came out, player tried to chip him, keeper coped a faceful, ball deflected on to his arm.

Ref may of conferred with the linesman to see if the ball hit his arm. Hence the free kick and not a red card. Bit harsh for a strait red if its unintentional

Same situation if a player lays a tackle and the ball deflects onto the hand or arm etc.

I'm Not U
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by I'm Not U »

legendaryhasbeen wrote: ingle farm made to re take a penalty they'd scored because your player ran into the box
If that was the case the goal should stand (unless the referee has blown his whistle before the kick was taken).
Steve McGarrett is on the case

I'm Not U
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by I'm Not U »

MIA wrote:keeper coped a faceful, ball deflected on to his arm.
It's no longer a shot on target if his face has deflected it away from goal.
Steve McGarrett is on the case

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Nxt

Thoughts
im the A grade keeper, what cup game have i not played apart from today, Also Sinard from your team, he will confirm as will musti.

Move on.

Salts
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Salts »

I was on the park for Maso reserves and can say despite the countless bewildering decisions the ref may have made for both teams, it was a good game. We (the players) certainly could have and maybe should have gone on with it once we went 2-1 up, but can only blame ourselves for the way it went after that. Not the ref.

Decent game. Well done Farm.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Salts wrote:I was on the park for Maso reserves and can say despite the countless bewildering decisions the ref may have made for both teams, it was a good game. We (the players) certainly could have and maybe should have gone on with it once we went 2-1 up, but can only blame ourselves for the way it went after that. Not the ref.

Decent game. Well done Farm.
Thanks salts I agree 100%, best of luck for the rest of the year
HA'WAY THE LADS

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MIA wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
The who?

Perhaps the official got it right? Sounds like the keeper came out, player tried to chip him, keeper coped a faceful, ball deflected on to his arm.

Ref may of conferred with the linesman to see if the ball hit his arm. Hence the free kick and not a red card. Bit harsh for a strait red if its unintentional

Same situation if a player lays a tackle and the ball deflects onto the hand or arm etc.
If it's not intentional then it's not a free kick, let alone a booking.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I'm Not U wrote:
MIA wrote:keeper coped a faceful, ball deflected on to his arm.
It's no longer a shot on target if his face has deflected it away from goal.
It also sounds like it's not even a free kick

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

Big G wrote:

Nxt

Thoughts
im the A grade keeper, what cup game have i not played apart from today, Also Sinard from your team, he will confirm as will musti.

Move on.
The question wasn't aimed at you keeper, another keeper played in the cup this w'end, who also played A grade, hence the question........
I think a few people have got the wrong end of the stick here......
The questions been answered, the "team" shouldn't have played him, it's wrong.....I wonder if he plays nxt round, will be interesting......

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

Ok. Penalty was retaken for a farm player entering the box to early, how it impacted the resulting goal I don't know but ref said they are the rules so fair enough.

Ref told me he gave the handball but acknowledged that the ball hit his head first which is why he was bookend not sent off. Marco's player had some quick thinking and took the free immediately which the ref awarded as a goal but he then brought the free kick back as he had only just realised the keeper was on the ground with a head injury. Fair enough I think.

What really astonished me was second half farm winger is put through. At the time the linesman was standing next to the farm player and kept his flag down. Ref overruled the linesman and gave offside. Asked the linesman who said he was definitely on side. Then asked the ref why the over rule and he said that both linesman were relatively new and he wasn't confident that they would get it right all the time. If this is the case why are clubs having to pay for official linesman? They get paid to do a job so let them do it!

Game was played in good spirits. Good luck to macos for the rest of the season

Kichise Michiko
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Kichise Michiko »

Hullcityafc wrote:
Big G wrote:

Nxt

Thoughts

Move on.
The question wasn't aimed at you keeper, another keeper played in the cup this w'end, who also played A grade, hence the question........
I think a few people have got the wrong end of the stick here......
The questions been answered, the "team" shouldn't have played him, it's wrong.....I wonder if he plays nxt round, will be interesting......
Name the team or STFU

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Nxt

Thoughts
getting back to your original queries, lack of detail makes it hard comment.
From my understanding, with Cup games : Goalkeepers - you can play in the B grade cup game and sit on the bench for the A's on the same weekend. If you do not enter the field of play for the A's game, you are still be eligible to play for the B team next round - as a GK you only become cup tied to the A's, if you actually play for them. If a club has made a genuine mistake by playing a GK who played A's in previous cup round, and played GK for the B's this round ( if that is what you are implying )you would hope the league pick up on it the club will be penalized accordingly. If they get away with it I am sure they wont do that again.

Your second query is open to interpretation, in your view it was deliberate, as we all have mixed views on what is a deliberate handball and what isn't, it will determine if it is direct, indirect, or a free kick at all, and whether the ball was heading for goal is also up to individual discretion
Some days things go your way some days they don't, we cop it on the chin and move on.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The General wrote:

Nxt

Thoughts
getting back to your original queries, lack of detail makes it hard comment.
From my understanding, with Cup games : Goalkeepers - you can play in the B grade cup game and sit on the bench for the A's on the same weekend. If you do not enter the field of play for the A's game, you are still be eligible to play for the B team next round - as a GK you only become cup tied to the A's, if you actually play for them. If a club has made a genuine mistake by playing a GK who played A's in previous cup round, and played GK for the B's this round ( if that is what you are implying )you would hope the league pick up on it the club will be penalized accordingly. If they get away with it I am sure they wont do that again.

Your second query is open to interpretation, in your view it was deliberate, as we all have mixed views on what is a deliberate handball and what isn't, it will determine if it is direct, indirect, or a free kick at all, and whether the ball was heading for goal is also up to individual discretion
Some days things go your way some days they don't, we cop it on the chin and move on.
In what scenario would it be an indirect free kick?