Cup games this w'end

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Cup games this w'end

Post by The General »

God is an Englishman wrote:
The General wrote:
Hullcityafc wrote:2questions....
Once you've an played A grade cup game, no matter what Position you play, are you "Cup tied" so you can't play for B grade if there through to there nxt round ????

Nxt
If a player is through on goal....chips the keeper ( last line of defence out side the box) and the keeper handles the ball ( goalward bound ) deliberately.......RED CARD???????

Thoughts
getting back to your original queries, lack of detail makes it hard comment.
From my understanding, with Cup games : Goalkeepers - you can play in the B grade cup game and sit on the bench for the A's on the same weekend. If you do not enter the field of play for the A's game, you are still be eligible to play for the B team next round - as a GK you only become cup tied to the A's, if you actually play for them. If a club has made a genuine mistake by playing a GK who played A's in previous cup round, and played GK for the B's this round ( if that is what you are implying )you would hope the league pick up on it the club will be penalized accordingly. If they get away with it I am sure they wont do that again.

Your second query is open to interpretation, in your view it was deliberate, as we all have mixed views on what is a deliberate handball and what isn't, it will determine if it is direct, indirect, or a free kick at all, and whether the ball was heading for goal is also up to individual discretion
Some days things go your way some days they don't, we cop it on the chin and move on.
In what scenario would it be an indirect free kick?
ask the referees who give indirect free kicks for handballs - my guess would be if it is handball and is not intentional ?

Lost User
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost User »

At Hullcityfc

If your going to name someone do it, if not stop making false claims and go eat your sour grapes elsewhere, (note Masoes had at least 3 first teamers playing, one at least whom is being rewarded handsomely each week for his effort$$$)

The linesman, who with all due respect had no idea and barely got a decision right all day, although he had his opinion, how he could tell from square on where the ball hit the keeper is interesting, I read that Outlaw was right there and had a very different view, and the ref acknowledging it hit his face also is interesting, imo the shot was missing the goal anyway. The Masoes player slamming the ball into the ground next to the ref, also should have attracted more attention.

Masoes played well and had their chances, also well done to the Masoes captain Nick (??) a true gentleman who diffused what could have been a very heated situation.

At 4-2 down, 5 to go, the game was over yet your keen on continuing it on here, stop embarrassing yourself.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

The General wrote:
ask the referees who give indirect free kicks for handballs - my guess would be if it is handball and is not intentional ?
A non intentional handball is not even a free kick - play on.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

The General wrote:
A non intentional handball is not even a free kick - play on.
What if it's in the penalty box?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Black_Panther wrote:
What if it's in the penalty box?
It's not a free kick - play on.

boots
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by boots »

What if the player unintentionally handles the ball and it falls nicely for him to score?

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

Lost User wrote:At Hullcityfc

If your going to name someone do it, if not stop making false claims and go eat your sour grapes elsewhere, (note Masoes had at least 3 first teamers playing, one at least whom is being rewarded handsomely each week for his effort$$$)

The linesman, who with all due respect had no idea and barely got a decision right all day, although he had his opinion, how he could tell from square on where the ball hit the keeper is interesting, I read that Outlaw was right there and had a very different view, and the ref acknowledging it hit his face also is interesting, imo the shot was missing the goal anyway. The Masoes player slamming the ball into the ground next to the ref, also should have attracted more attention.

Masoes played well and had their chances, also well done to the Masoes captain Nick (??) a true gentleman who diffused what could have been a very heated situation.

At 4-2 down, 5 to go, the game was over yet your keen on continuing it on here, stop embarrassing yourself.

No false claims here pal, I watched the player play in both A grade in May, and at weekend for B's
As for embarrassing myself, I've asked questions to which a lot of people have commented, which what generally happens on forums,
You believe what you want about a player on $$$ at Masos, that's embarrassing thinking your in the "know"...... As for Nikki, your correct, great ambassador for the club, great lad.
Oh and for the record, 1 regular first teamer played who wasn't Cuptied..........no rules broken there....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

boots wrote:What if the player unintentionally handles the ball and it falls nicely for him to score?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Hullcityafc wrote:

No false claims here pal, I watched the player play in both A grade in May, and at weekend for B's
As for embarrassing myself, I've asked questions to which a lot of people have commented, which what generally happens on forums,
You believe what you want about a player on $$$ at Masos, that's embarrassing thinking your in the "know"...... As for Nikki, your correct, great ambassador for the club, great lad.
Oh and for the record, 1 regular first teamer played who wasn't Cuptied..........no rules broken there....
If you believe this to be the case, report it to the league and you'll be back in the cup.

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Hullcityafc wrote:

Mate, I have not missed a game all year, what are you on about???

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

Big G wrote:
Hullcityafc wrote:

Mate, I have not missed a game all year, what are you on about???
Why does everyone think I mean an IF player ???
I haven't said or insinuated that it is....it isn't!!!!!

The team in question know they've done it because they think it's ok, fair enough I say, it's a question I thought could be answered on here, so I asked, that's all!!

boots
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by boots »

boots wrote:What if the player unintentionally handles the ball and it falls nicely for him to score?
It's one of the flaws of the game. It's a black and white rule which is consistently applied in grey areas of referring. Unfortunately, the whistle blows more often than not as the decision lies with the referee and assistants.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

If he indirectly handballs is it an indirect free kick ? :)

Adolf Hĭtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolf Hĭtler »

The General wrote:
If he indirectly handballs is it an indirect free kick ? :)
I know you're taking the piss but there would be people on here who would actually believe that to be true.
I am nobody
Nobody is perfect
Therefore I am perfect.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

The General wrote:
Hullcityafc wrote:2questions....
Once you've an played A grade cup game, no matter what Position you play, are you "Cup tied" so you can't play for B grade if there through to there nxt round ????

Nxt
If a player is through on goal....chips the keeper ( last line of defence out side the box) and the keeper handles the ball ( goalward bound ) deliberately.......RED CARD???????

Thoughts
getting back to your original queries, lack of detail makes it hard comment.
From my understanding, with Cup games : Goalkeepers - you can play in the B grade cup game and sit on the bench for the A's on the same weekend. If you do not enter the field of play for the A's game, you are still be eligible to play for the B team next round - as a GK you only become cup tied to the A's, if you actually play for them. If a club has made a genuine mistake by playing a GK who played A's in previous cup round, and played GK for the B's this round ( if that is what you are implying )you would hope the league pick up on it the club will be penalized accordingly. If they get away with it I am sure they wont do that again.

Your second query is open to interpretation, in your view it was deliberate, as we all have mixed views on what is a deliberate handball and what isn't, it will determine if it is direct, indirect, or a free kick at all, and whether the ball was heading for goal is also up to individual discretion
Some days things go your way some days they don't, we cop it on the chin and move on.
none

Lost User
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost User »

still making unsubstantiated claims re playing illegible players?

Why not put it out there, someone may get a reprieve in the cup?