Adelaide City to enter SAASL???

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Adelaide City to enter SAASL???

Post by God is an Englishman »

otto62 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: Who have I told they were wrong?
Who have I told they were wrong?
is there a parrot in here?

You have questioned people's match reports for games where you were not in attendance.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

God is an Englishman wrote:
otto62 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: Who have I told they were wrong?
Who have I told they were wrong?
is there a parrot in here?
You have questioned people's match reports for games where you were not in attendance.
Don't think of yourself as a parrot, despite your being a bit of a bird brain I still consider you are likely to be human.
You have questioned people's suggestions about ground locations where you were not in attendance at any direct conversations about it.

I'm not particularly in the mood for your obfuscation or splitting hairs at the moment, so that's my last comment on this thread. I just wanted to highlight your hypocrisy and double standards, which I think I've done.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

lefty

MegaBonus

yes...I know that...but considering the cold war being played out by the FFSA and the SAASL, I find it staggering that the FFSA allows its clubs to enter teams into a rival comp...
Here's a better question...
Why would FFSA clubs with an amateur team play in the Collegiate League?

Why also do you refer to SAASL being a rival comp they are amateur & FFSA is semi-pro?

1 - im not suggesting they would...my question was why would the FFSA be happy with their choice of the SAASL over the Collegiate League....the CSL is affiliated with the FFSA....more clubs that join the CSL the greater the number of players under the FFSA banner thus the more teams can enter the FFA Cup...

2 - its a rival comp because both organizations historically have been trying to convince clubs to 'defect' to each others league
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

otto62 wrote: Don't think of yourself as a parrot, despite your being a bit of a bird brain I still consider you are likely to be human.
You have questioned people's suggestions about ground locations where you were not in attendance at any direct conversations about it.

I'm not particularly in the mood for your obfuscation or splitting hairs at the moment, so that's my last comment on this thread. I just wanted to highlight your hypocrisy and double standards, which I think I've done.
If that was your aim, you've failed miserably.

Suggestions of ground locations - I wish I had a clue what you are talking about.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

MegaBonus wrote:
lefty

MegaBonus

yes...I know that...but considering the cold war being played out by the FFSA and the SAASL, I find it staggering that the FFSA allows its clubs to enter teams into a rival comp...
Here's a better question...
Why would FFSA clubs with an amateur team play in the Collegiate League?

Why also do you refer to SAASL being a rival comp they are amateur & FFSA is semi-pro?

1 - im not suggesting they would...my question was why would the FFSA be happy with their choice of the SAASL over the Collegiate League....the CSL is affiliated with the FFSA....more clubs that join the CSL the greater the number of players under the FFSA banner thus the more teams can enter the FFA Cup...

2 - its a rival comp because both organizations historically have been trying to convince clubs to 'defect' to each others league
1 - Probably the same reason why FFSA are happy to allow SAASL clubs with womens/girls team to enter FFSA comps which SAASL has no problem with.
2 - Its still happening now. I think its more about the clubs looking for an alternative that suits their particular club rather than the organisations trying to convince clubs to defect.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

2 - no....theres behind the scenes talks occurring (not instigated by clubs)

I think this will become a bigger issue in the years to come...

the CSL is of a comparable standard to Div 1 Sat (well the top 2 teams would almost certainly be title contenders)....would St Peters, Iggies and BOSA considers a switch???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:2 - no....theres behind the scenes talks occurring (not instigated by clubs)

I think this will become a bigger issue in the years to come...

the CSL is of a comparable standard to Div 1 Sat (well the top 2 teams would almost certainly be title contenders)....would St Peters, Iggies and BOSA considers a switch???
St Peters and Iggies used to have sides in the collegiate league.

I've played in both, collegiate league not even close.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

so have I.....but a lot more recently than you...

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

MegaBonus wrote:so have I.....but a lot more recently than you...
If you've played in it recently it can't be too good :wink:

All jokes aside some quality players, play there now, although not much atmosphere etc
Are you Bodo in disguise?

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Rostrevor boys could compete in sat div 1 easily
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

ROCSC1980
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ROCSC1980 »

Knight15 wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:so have I.....but a lot more recently than you...
If you've played in it recently it can't be too good :wink:

All jokes aside some quality players, play there now, although not much atmosphere etc
Thats a fair comment. The standard of Div 1 CSL is prob the highest its ever been. All CSL clubs are run on shoe string budgets with most having little to no match day facilities.
Most teams including us don't even have match day change rooms. With pitches / grounds being so scarce I doubt it will improve in the future.

SAASL is the best amateur comp in the state so only makes sense that FFSA clubs would enter a team in that.

If FFSA was really serious about "competing" with SAASL they'd establish their own league or persuade the CSL to drop the collegiate stipulation.