Interchange?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Token
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Interchange?

Post by Token »

Had an official for our Div 7. This ref said no interchange and this came from the SAASRA. I contacted Steve Gregan to clarify. He explained that the rule of no interchange came from the league. So we need to make sure the league informs the ref about this.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Token wrote:Had an official for our Div 7. This ref said no interchange and this came from the SAASRA. I contacted Steve Gregan to clarify. He explained that the rule of no interchange came from the league. So we need to make sure the league informs the ref about this.
is Div 7 an official C team division anyway?

Is Steve knew it had come from the league, why don't his refs know?

Token
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Token »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Token wrote:Had an official for our Div 7. This ref said no interchange and this came from the SAASRA. I contacted Steve Gregan to clarify. He explained that the rule of no interchange came from the league. So we need to make sure the league informs the ref about this.

Div 7 has single teams as well so it is not defined as a C team division.

The refs knew it came from the league, SAASRA sent out an email about it to all official refs stating that this was from the league bodies. As I said, this confusions has been started by the league so they need to clarify their position. We have had official refs in previous Div 7 games and had no issue with interchange.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

He doesn't follow what the league says anyway does he?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Black_Panther wrote:

He doesn't follow what the league says anyway does he?
He has to follow competition rules.

As I said above, the only options if the ref won't play interchange is to refuse to play or play with only using 3 subs.

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

You get official referees for C team games ?
Why not just pay the Ref, then tell him he can have an early day,and both clubs ref half a game each - and play interchange.