Tables?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Tables?

Post by Jonny Lidon »

Who controls the web page for results. I read a post that the guy who gives the weekly updates of the games for divvy 1 has offered but they've not taken him up? Why? It's Thursday with the SAASL open on Monday and Wednesday and we are still waiting!

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Tables?

Post by Black_Panther »

Jonny Lidon wrote:Who controls the web page for results. I read a post that the guy who gives the weekly updates of the games for divvy 1 has offered but they've not taken him up? Why? It's Thursday with the SAASL open on Monday and Wednesday and we are still waiting!
Were they really open on the Monday public holiday.

If so, wow that's some dedication from a volunteer organisation!
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Jonny Lidon wrote:Who controls the web page for results. I read a post that the guy who gives the weekly updates of the games for divvy 1 has offered but they've not taken him up? Why? It's Thursday with the SAASL open on Monday and Wednesday and we are still waiting!
they have a guy go in some days and update the fixtures on the premises doesnt sound the best to me! :)

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Black_Panther wrote:

You think the girls and crew work for free?

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

AL K HOLIC wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

You think the girls and crew work for free?
the girls are paid but 'the crew' is voluntary aint it?

either way if we (saasl) cant team up with fox sports pulse, have to find a solution that can be updated a bit easier for them/us
Im closer than you think

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

how hard is it?
90% of leagues are done by solo ppl with facebook pages, club websites, etc

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

How dare the paid staff and volunteers take a day off for the public holiday.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

otto62 wrote:How dare the paid staff and volunteers take a day off for the public holiday.
I didn't think that way at first but in light of all the logic and reason shown in posts since I am more aligned now to everyone elses thinking...
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

otto62 wrote:How dare the paid staff and volunteers take a day off for the public holiday.

sorry but I know of multiple leagues that are up and done the same day, sat and sun even C leagues

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

I can see it now...

89th minutes, Fred Jones misses the open goal for the win.

"Sorry lads, my mind was elsewhere. I just couldn't get past not knowing whether we were 5th or 6th on the ladder".

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Slinky_Pete wrote:I can see it now...

89th minutes, Fred Jones misses the open goal for the win.

"Sorry lads, my mind was elsewhere. I just couldn't get past not knowing whether we were 5th or 6th on the ladder".

stupid statement cos he would know as his club has the table up before the SAASL who collect the data and fine you if it's in after 5pm :roll:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

AL K HOLIC

otto62 wrote:

How dare the paid staff and volunteers take a day off for the public holiday.

sorry but I know of multiple leagues that are up and done the same day, sat and sun even C leagues

the Collegiate League is done within 2hrs of the last game being played.....most efficient system ive come across.....not just tables but also stats....team and individual
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

AL K HOLIC wrote:
Perhaps the league has to cross reference match sheets and verify all players listed are registered and not suspended etc.
I need a drink

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Sotally Tober wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:
Perhaps the league has to cross reference match sheets and verify all players listed are registered and not suspended etc.
Definitely not the case as they get results wrong or put them up sometimes before the team sheets would have even arrived.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Sotally Tober wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:
I never thought of that, it's lucky the collegiate league have no need to verify listed players, etc. :shock: :shock:

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Tables up Tuesday this week nobody complaining it took 2 days ..??
Every Rat has his day !!

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

Every Rat has his day
I need a drink

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

I smell at RAT!!
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry