Fed players in SAASL

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Fed players in SAASL

Post by AL K HOLIC »

It seems there are teams doing this so what are our options if we play against these teams that we know have Fed guys doubling up?

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Fed players in SAASL

Post by Ibelieve »

AL K HOLIC wrote:It seems there are teams doing this so what are our options if we play against these teams that we know have Fed guys doubling up?

The FFSA allow it, but SAASL don't. So dob in offending clubs if they are.

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Sierra Stars (Div 4 Sunday) aka Western Strikers and any other FFSA club..

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

studs up!

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

sweaty bollocks wrote:Sierra Stars (Div 4 Sunday) aka Western Strikers and any other FFSA club..

Seen them play today, you can add Olympic and Pirates to that list.

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

I don't understand why this is an issue....2 different competitions not even affiliated with each other....if a fed player wants to play In an amateur competition why should it matter 2 different associations....are clubs complaining because they are dropping points against these teams?? And are just looking for an excuse to justify the loss....I'm not trying to be smart I just think if the boys wanna play football that much let them they obviously love the game enough to want to play it 7 days a week!!! In the end the amature league collects the money for registrations etc which goes back into the game...I'm more than open to be re educated as to why this is such a bad thing....

Whispers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whispers »

I guess for multiple reasons:-

1) It disadvantages smaller clubs that are not associated with the federation, while larger clubs can just ring in players.

2) Teams that play in lower divisions are there for that reason, they are not as highly skilled.

3) Teams are playing these players under different names/cards matching similar photos

4) If teams are allowed to do this, each week the teams can change. So one week, the team is half filled with very skilled players and win easily, while the next they have their normal team and may lose. It is unfair to the other teams in the division to have such changes from week to week. It ruins the competition. You can see by some unusual results already in the first 4 games that there is an issue.

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Whispers wrote:I guess for multiple reasons:-

1) It disadvantages smaller clubs that are not associated with the federation, while larger clubs can just ring in players.

2) Teams that play in lower divisions are there for that reason, they are not as highly skilled.

3) Teams are playing these players under different names/cards matching similar photos

4) If teams are allowed to do this, each week the teams can change. So one week, the team is half filled with very skilled players and win easily, while the next they have their normal team and may lose. It is unfair to the other teams in the division to have such changes from week to week. It ruins the competition. You can see by some unusual results already in the first 4 games that there is an issue.

3 out of the 4 points deal with competitive advantage so to me aren't really valid because end of the day every club goes out to win and if a club can get the player's then so be it and if they don't stick around the so be that as well.... they will move up and down accordingly with the divisons....no different to the big clubs in div 1 paying players which apparently shouldn't happen but they do that to get ahead and win...as I'm sure every other club would do if and when they could get that financial success so they keep on field success going...and the point about player registrations I'm sure they would register if it was an open system if they aren't already registered...like I said if a player wants to play football why should he be turned away because he is a better player and plays in Unaffiliated competition...they obviously just want to play with there mates because it doesn't seem they are going for the dollars at div 1 clubs to maximise there earnings....

Papou
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Papou »

Who cares? I don't know who has been doubling up but I'll take a pot shot and bet most are unrecognised quality at Federation level. If they were special, they wouldn't be doubling up. By the way, there are players who are easily still capable of playing premier league that play amateurs e.g. Lee Robertson, Scott Gannon etc. I'm sure there are more but I argue there will always be patches of quality throughout the league.. What is a couple of mediocre premier league players?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Papou wrote:Who cares? I don't know who has been doubling up but I'll take a pot shot and bet most are unrecognised quality at Federation level. If they were special, they wouldn't be doubling up. By the way, there are players who are easily still capable of playing premier league that play amateurs e.g. Lee Robertson, Scott Gannon etc. I'm sure there are more but I argue there will always be patches of quality throughout the league.. What is a couple of mediocre premier league players?
They may be good enough to play Feds but they aren't.....if I was involved in a Club where this 'double dipping' was affecting my Clubs chances of promotion or influencing potential relegation, I'd be more than a little unhappy about it.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

In all SAASL competitions, clubs are not permitted to play players currently registered with any other association or any other similar body.
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

Quite simple really, find out who the players play for in the Feds and then contact that fed club and let them know who they are playing for. I'm pretty sure any first team coach at fed level would not put up with their players playing amateurs. These players will most likely be given an ultimatum play Feds or amateurs

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

Scott Gannon is a fairy an couldnt get a game for my under 12s to worried about what he looks like then how he plays if u think he can still play prem league ur on some heavy cabernet... Can i have some?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Guiseppe wrote:Scott Gannon is a fairy an couldnt get a game for my under 12s to worried about what he looks like then how he plays if u think he can still play prem league ur on some heavy cabernet... Can i have some?

I don't know the guy but saw him take a few hefty knocks a few weeks ago and get straight back up. I know his Dad as well and can't believe he would have raised a "fairy".

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

If players are fit enough and want to play for 2 teams then I would let them. If I ran SAASL then I'd even allow dual registrations in the league and allow people to play Saturday and Sunday.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

while the rules state you can't do it, then you can't do it, no different to hand ball. Once a league is tainted by these actions it's basically match fixing. Most of these guys are U18 or ressies, none would be first team players, but again the bottom line is in our association it's against the rules and many a club have been relegated and had points stripped in the past. IMO the SAASL should immediately remove the team/s points and go ahead and fill in every game for any grade 2-0 to the other side and play a friendly. If I break my leg and one of those players is the cause (no malice) can I Sue the SAASL and the club involved?

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Whats the difference who breaks your leg?
If they're registered with the league then you'll be covered as you normally are!

As for playing Saturdays and Sundays, I don't have an issue with it but the league has
a rule in place so its not allowed, end of.

I've heard that a State League club has already contacted SAASL and 3 Sierra players
have now been banned for the season.
If the other federation clubs follow that example it might act as a deterrent to the club and players involved.
If these players are still playing under a pseudonym then the league will act accordingly I'm sure and that
will be then end of the team.
Whats wrong with you?
Why?

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

God is an Englishman wrote:If players are fit enough and want to play for 2 teams then I would let them. If I ran SAASL then I'd even allow dual registrations in the league and allow people to play Saturday and Sunday.

I agree with this as well!!!! I find it stupid that players in the same club can go between Saturday and Sunday comps and up and down different divisions if you play for the same club....it isn't really fair to allow that if you are going to be fair on that rule of no being allowed to play on different days for different clubs

Mr Untouchable
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr Untouchable »

I have been told by someone at the FFSA that you can in-fact play in both comps. As long as you use your real name in both, they are not affiliated with each other and there is no way either can stop you from playing in both.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Mr Untouchable wrote:I have been told by someone at the FFSA that you can in-fact play in both comps. As long as you use your real name in both, they are not affiliated with each other and there is no way either can stop you from playing in both.
What does the rules state in the SAASL ..... also the FFSA rules & regulations do state that registered FFSA players are not to play in unauthorised competitions.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Mr Untouchable wrote:I have been told by someone at the FFSA that you can in-fact play in both comps. As long as you use your real name in both, they are not affiliated with each other and there is no way either can stop you from playing in both.
Not sure what the ffsa rules are, but dual rego's is not allowed in SAASL. Yes the SAASL can stop you from playing both...they will just deregister you.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

the de-registration means nothing to some of these clubs.. most of them just play them without even trying to register them anyway :lol:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Guiseppe wrote:Scott Gannon is a fairy an couldnt get a game for my under 12s to worried about what he looks like then how he plays if u think he can still play prem league ur on some heavy cabernet... Can i have some?
hahaha don't worry Scotty can dish it out as good as many in the amateur league
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

strawney
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by strawney »

If they get injured, and put on team sheet.
( under their real name ).
They will not be covered by insurance , if proved.
From Feds & SAASL.
Conflict of interest.

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

Can he really though gee_kay..

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Statler and Waldorf wrote:Whats the difference who breaks your leg?
If they're registered with the league then you'll be covered as you normally are!

As for playing Saturdays and Sundays, I don't have an issue with it but the league has
a rule in place so its not allowed, end of.

I've heard that a State League club has already contacted SAASL and 3 Sierra players
have now been banned for the season.

If the other federation clubs follow that example it might act as a deterrent to the club and players involved.
If these players are still playing under a pseudonym then the league will act accordingly I'm sure and that
will be then end of the team.

Since what date?
Does that mean they have been dereg from FFSA and may have been reg under SAASL after that date?
I assure you there is more than those 3 players from that one club alone. I'll think you'll find there are up to 6 or more that do it for that club from week to week.

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

You obviously know more than me, I'm only relaying what I was told which was that
The players were banned from playing for Sierra by SAASL, I don't know what's happening
to them at their federation club.
Maybe you can enlighten us.
Whats wrong with you?
Why?

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Statler and Waldorf wrote:You obviously know more than me, I'm only relaying what I was told which was that
The players were banned from playing for Sierra by SAASL, I don't know what's happening
to them at their federation club.
Maybe you can enlighten us.

I have no clue, I read your comment that the Fed clubs contacted the SAASL admitted it was done and suspended their Fed players from their Fed teams. All I know is have seen Fed guys, who were at Fed clubs this year, and played in SAASL. Maybe they have recently got released and transfers sorted and they are now legit SAASL players, but I suspect not.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

The stupid thing is these guys roll up to clubs on Saturday and then roll up the next day or a week later and play their SAASL sister teams and people are like I know that guy.

Whispers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whispers »

Doesn't really seem to matter as they (Sierra) had at least 5-6 Fed players Vs Unley Utd 2 weeks ago, and again spotted when they played Athelstone again last weekend :(