Sunday div 3 - Results, News, Banter

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday div 3 - Results, News, Banter

Post by RowePark »

heard port pirie are pulling out, anyone else hear that? would that mean a 3rd team go up to div2 and promoted from div 4?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

nohands wrote:Quite correct. A raptor is a bird. Its also a dinosaur. Whatever you prefer its still better than a fox. Even Leicester dont yell go foxes...
leicester city were origionaly leicester f.o.s.s.e. a fox hunting club. they stopped chasing the foxes and started chasing a ball instead. doing well at the moment hey. :)

Ronnie Chiggs
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ronnie Chiggs »

nohands wrote:Quite correct. A raptor is a bird. Its also a dinosaur.
It's not a dinosaur. That's a velociraptor.
No-one is innocent

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

seafords first provisional pre season get together is jan 8. :)

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:seafords first provisional pre season get together is jan 8. :)
Who is coaching Seaford this year ???

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote: Who is coaching Seaford this year ???
[/quote]

god knows as yet,but never fear we have this wonderfull committee who will doubtless sort everything out to their satisfaction. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
nohands wrote:Quite correct. A raptor is a bird. Its also a dinosaur. Whatever you prefer its still better than a fox. Even Leicester dont yell go foxes...
leicester city were origionaly leicester f.o.s.s.e. a fox hunting club. they stopped chasing the foxes and started chasing a ball instead. doing well at the moment hey. :)
Lived there for 3 years and never knew that.

So, did they originally play in Fosse Park, that's a shopping centre now?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

dunno mate I never lived there. they were one of the original teams that made up the very first football league 100 years ago :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

THE ORAKLE wrote:dunno mate I never lived there. they were one of the original teams that made up the very first football league 100 years ago :)

Think you might be wrong on that.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

fosse joined the football league in 1894–95 the first year won by preston was 1888-89

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

The club was founded in 1884 as Leicester Fosse,[3] playing on a field near Fosse Road. The name Leicester City was adopted in 1919.

The 1892 Leicester Fosse team....I heard a rumour Old Master used to train with them :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Just train??? I heard he used to be walk on starter. Or was it he knew one?..I dunno, I get lost how many geezas he actually pronounces to know :wink:
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

James Charnstrom coaching Polonia this season :D
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

PASC wrote:James Charnstrom coaching Polonia this season :D
Good pick up, but I imagine more training and less "bar time". :wink:
Ignore this signature

justus
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by justus »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
bloodypassit wrote: Who is coaching Seaford this year ???
god knows as yet,but never fear we have this wonderfull committee who will doubtless sort everything out to their satisfaction. :roll:[/quote]

Judging by your committee's decisions over the last few years they seem to be doing ok, things seem to going well there, nearly 200 kids playing and improvements in the club rooms and the grounds, doesn't seem much to whinge about Orakle!!

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

was that a winge then. look Justus I suspect you are one of our committee and you know who iam ok. for me you have done some good things and some daft things. I served on seafords committee for over 25 years.for me it was an honour to serve our members. our present committee seem to think that its the other way round and that the club only started 3 or 4 years ago when they moved in and do not seem to be interested in the history and traditions of the club. sorry but that's the feeling I get but can you call that a winge. the reason I think you are a committee man is because you mentioned junior colts who are promoted even above federation and I think you are a parent or grandparent of which there are numerous. ok now I will have a winge. the treatment of the amateurs has left much to be desired and I for one can not understand it. only amateurs have ever won anything at seaford since its inception in 1973 and for the last 3 years have been on a roll. ie promotion to div 3 and consolidation in div 3. Templin cup finalists. note .no southern team have ever got close in this comp. back to back southern cup winners and present holders all under coach dave Dickinson who for some obscure reason they don't seem to want any more. perhaps you could enlighten me and all the players as well,who are behind him to a man. we know it cannot be a football problem as his record speaks for itself. is he the victim of his own success :?: this is the daft thing I mentioned earlier. whatever it is that is bugging you lot could easily be resolved with a clear the air meeting between amateurs and committee as dave is a loyal seaford man of long standing who only works for the good of the club. for free by the way. I personaly hope this meeting will take place. iam a founding member of seaford . I look on it as one of my children. the wellbeing of the club matters to me. all aspects of the club be it federation ,amateurs , colts ,darts or pool should all be treated with the same degree of respect by our committees. that is what I desire for my club. ok :roll:

Nonami Maho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nonami Maho »

Who's going to read all of that?
Fed up with dating sites I came to football news

justus
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by justus »

THE ORAKLE wrote:was that a winge then. look Justus I suspect you are one of our committee and you know who iam ok. for me you have done some good things and some daft things. I served on seafords committee for over 25 years.for me it was an honour to serve our members. our present committee seem to think that its the other way round and that the club only started 3 or 4 years ago when they moved in and do not seem to be interested in the history and traditions of the club. sorry but that's the feeling I get but can you call that a winge. the reason I think you are a committee man is because you mentioned junior colts who are promoted even above federation and I think you are a parent or grandparent of which there are numerous. ok now I will have a winge. the treatment of the amateurs has left much to be desired and I for one can not understand it. only amateurs have ever won anything at seaford since its inception in 1973 and for the last 3 years have been on a roll. ie promotion to div 3 and consolidation in div 3. Templin cup finalists. note .no southern team have ever got close in this comp. back to back southern cup winners and present holders all under coach dave Dickinson who for some obscure reason they don't seem to want any more. perhaps you could enlighten me and all the players as well,who are behind him to a man. we know it cannot be a football problem as his record speaks for itself. is he the victim of his own success :?: this is the daft thing I mentioned earlier. whatever it is that is bugging you lot could easily be resolved with a clear the air meeting between amateurs and committee as dave is a loyal seaford man of long standing who only works for the good of the club. for free by the way. I personaly hope this meeting will take place. iam a founding member of seaford . I look on it as one of my children. the wellbeing of the club matters to me. all aspects of the club be it federation ,amateurs , colts ,darts or pool should all be treated with the same degree of respect by our committees. that is what I desire for my club. ok :roll:
Sorry Orakle you are 150% wrong, I am not, never have been or ever will be a committee member at Seaford, I'm just a member of this forum who sometimes comments on things on here

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

ok Justus sorry about that please accept my apologies. look, seafords present committee has done some great things during their tenure. its just the way they treat the amateurs that bugs me ,everything else is fine. im 77 now and retired. I have no official capacity at the club these days iam a life member which I treasure as it was a long time comming. I was the first senior coach of the club and played for the club.later on I coached juniors and u19s. I took money at the gate and was groundsman for years and as I mentioned earlier I served on the committee for over 25 years so seaford is in my blood,which is simply why I care. cheers.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Nonami Maho wrote:Who's going to read all of that?
hopefully some one who can read and understand. why comment at all. :?:

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
was a interesting read for me anyway

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
Dont worry Orakle , Dicko and Richard Brown are always welcome at Noarlunga...

Hateful8
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hateful8 »

Gristy wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:
was a interesting read for me anyway
And me. A thouroughly good insight into another southern club and how they are run.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:
In what capacity? You already have coaches in place
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Given the timing , Tony McArdle had to step down to new employment opportunities. It could be perfect timing

Nonami Maho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nonami Maho »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
The grade two grammar and punctuation was a turn off.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Nonami Maho wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:
so you read it then you hand stimulater you

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote:[quote="THE ORAKLE

Dont worry Orakle , Dicko and Richard Brown are always welcome at Noarlunga...[/quote]

I think they would be welcome anywhere steve. I cannot for the life of me understand their thinking and the club will be worse off as a result

Nonami Maho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nonami Maho »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
Nonami Maho wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote: hopefully some one who can read and understand. why comment at all. :?:
so you read it then
About two lines.

justus
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by justus »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:[quote="THE ORAKLE

I think they would be welcome anywhere steve. I cannot for the life of me understand their thinking and the club will be worse off as a result[/quote]

Have you read this Orakle which has been posted on Seafords FB page for a few days now? ......Amateur players and supporters please be advised a change of process does not necessarily mean a change of coach! It is simply the clubs intent to unify all procedures ... The gossip and negativity being created by certain people is exactly the reason why seaford are attempting to even the playing field so that every group/member within the club has equal voice and opportunity .... Unifying our procedures will ensure Seaford as a whole move forward and all members are given accurate communication process, eliminating miscommunication and allowing all to be informed of what's going on within our fantastic club. An information session relaying all intended procedures for 2016 including registration, fee structure etc is being organised at a date to be confirmed. Stay tuned !........
I wonder who they are referring too !!!!!! LOL LOL