Fulham & vipers to FFSA

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Fulham & vipers to FFSA

Post by Gabon »

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=34317452

Can understand this for the junior teams but what will happen to the respective senior sides at these clubs :?

Can anyone from from Fulham and Vipers enlighten us to IF they will retain their teams in the SAASL and if not what are the effects to those leagues they are in.

Tigerboy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Fulham & vipers to FFSA

Post by Tigerboy »

Gabon wrote:http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=34317452

Can understand this for the junior teams but what will happen to the respective senior sides at these clubs :?

Can anyone from from Fulham and Vipers enlighten us to IF they will retain their teams in the SAASL and if not what are the effects to those leagues they are in.

New thread.

http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/vi ... =4&t=76669

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Tigerboy wrote:
Gabon wrote:http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=34317452

New thread.

http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/vi ... =4&t=76669
New thread viable as question is of the implications to the SAASL and question of whether they will maintain their teams in the SAASL on top of new teams in the FFSA or if they will no longer compete in the SAASL

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

My understanding is that Vipers have intend on keeping their Amateur arm.
Agia Lavra 1821!

paraliticandroid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by paraliticandroid »

Adelaide Comets have amateur teams playing SAASL and senior and junior teams affiliated to FFSA. I suppose Vipers and Fulham can do the same

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

be interesting how many of the southern clubs that may be playing NPL State League 2 next year will actually stay with the FFSA....

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Hope Fulham do stay in the SAASL but where are these teams going to get players from as there's a big enough difference between the 2 leagues at the moment, 3 leagues will only be worse imo as the quality just isn't out there

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Gabon wrote:Hope Fulham do stay in the SAASL but where are these teams going to get players from as there's a big enough difference between the 2 leagues at the moment, 3 leagues will only be worse imo as the quality just isn't out there
Thats because 15 of the quality state league players are in your squad :lol:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

the ffsa seem to be more flexible with their rules, allowing teams into the competition. i am assuming that is to eventually get everyone under the one FFA umbrella.
the quality may not be there at the moment to fill up 3 divisions within FFSA but thats what they hope to change with the FFA model of development.
Im closer than you think

Mr Boombastic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr Boombastic »

At least Gawler SC and Sturt Lions won't look so bad now :)
NOTHING SOFT COMES OUT OF ELIZABETH

PLAYFORD CITY PATRIOTS FC The pride of Elizabeth

bored
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bored »

You are aware sturt lions knocked playford out of the FFSA cup?

Great call there Mr Boombastic

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

and victory, now into quarters
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Mr Boombastic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr Boombastic »

bored wrote:You are aware sturt lions knocked playford out of the FFSA cup?

Great call there Mr Boombastic
Wow, big achievement for Sturt Lions!!

Great call there bored!

bored
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bored »

No worries, glad I could educate you....

Maybe have at least half a clue what you're talking about before slagging off a decent club

Mr Boombastic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr Boombastic »

bored wrote:No worries, glad I could educate you....

Maybe have at least half a clue what you're talking about before slagging off a decent club
HAHAHAHAH a decent club!!! We should hire you for a comedy night!

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

just wonder if fulham and vipers know just how expensive ffsa are. :?:

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

THE ORAKLE wrote:just wonder if fulham and vipers know just how expensive ffsa are. :?:
If not they'll go broke pretty quick.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

there are some very driven people at Vipers that want nothing but success when it comes to their Juniors and seniors and their partners will vouch for it. It has always been about developing a pathway for their juniors and having them develop into good senior Vipers. This is why they have chased entry into the FFSA. While Adrian, Frank and the committee are at the club I assure you they will suceed. Their only issue,as an outsider now is they are dead against funding seniors out of junior fees and unfortunately as we all know that is the only way to get and stay in the NPL which is where all juniors want to be.

I can only hope they can buck the system and be the Crewe Alexandra of the ffsa.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

thinking div 3 likely to be $5000-$8000
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Steve#4 wrote:there are some very driven people at Vipers that want nothing but success when it comes to their Juniors and seniors and their partners will vouch for it. It has always been about developing a pathway for their juniors and having them develop into good senior Vipers. This is why they have chased entry into the FFSA. While Adrian, Frank and the committee are at the club I assure you they will suceed. Their only issue,as an outsider now is they are dead against funding seniors out of junior fees and unfortunately as we all know that is the only way to get and stay in the NPL which is where all juniors want to be.

I can only hope they can buck the system and be the Crewe Alexandra of the ffsa.
i hope they can too but unfortunately it does not work that way. other clubs with money will circle around your promising good players as they emerge in your ranks, offering more money and inadvertantly turning them into legends in their own lunchboxes and loyalty goes out the door. my club have been victims of this down the years plus, we lost 3 players this season this way and be sure it never helps your coaches endevours. i freely admit it has made me feel bitter on behalf of my club and sounds negative,but truly i wish both new clubs all the very best in the future. sincerely the orakle. good luck,except when you play us. :roll:

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

[quote="redfred"]thinking div 3 likely to be $5000-$8000[/

Its under $4k for the license I have been reliably informed...... Still a chunk of cash but not too much of a liability against 200+ junior and seniors (less than $20 a head - any costs that being in the SAASL or Collegiate would have come in at).

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

its all the other stuff as well. ground upgrade,players race,fences etc. its all money and its all one way from a clubs prospective,outwards. :roll:

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Yeh, but apparently fencing, races and the like aren't required in the new league.....
Only required if promoted ...
Regardless, the cost will come at some point I suppose unless you remain anchored in the bottom league but to get the new clubs in / going, its not too expensive.

bored
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bored »

Mr Bombastic

Pretty sure your playford just lost again to sturt...

2 times in a matter of weeks, Just saying....

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Dash Riprock wrote:
redfred wrote:thinking div 3 likely to be $5000-$8000[/

Its under $4k for the license I have been reliably informed...... Still a chunk of cash but not too much of a liability against 200+ junior and seniors (less than $20 a head - any costs that being in the SAASL or Collegiate would have come in at).
It's not just the licence fee, there are other FFSA charges such as the player registration and insurance fee, $93 for every player over 18, $68 each for junior players

Then for every junior team that is entered, the FFSA charges $250 per team to be in the competition.

For a club with 3 senior teams and 3 junior teams total cost charged by the FFSA is approx $7400 PLUS the $4000 affiliation fee.

Grand total in excess of $11k to play FFSA State League 1 next season. Then clubs have to pay for referees, strips, hire pitches, pay coaches, trainers - then find money for utilities and pay other running costs.

Easy to see why it is a struggle for many clubs.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

ffsa has a solution. all clubs must find themselves an oil shiek. problem solved. dont hold your breath waiting for ffsa for any form of relief as they probably like things just the way they are and happy to forget the clubs rumbles of discontent a couple of years ago. :roll:

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »