Saturday Div 1 fixtures..

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Saturday Div 1 fixtures..

Post by Whites »

Can someone tell me why Uni have 7 of there first 9 game at home? 6 of the first 7 at home? I was told it was due to changes with other clubs who could not play at home in some of there early games. But these 2 clubs have said incorrect....

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Saturday Div 1 fixtures..

Post by Stitch This »

Friday Night Lights?
Time for some righteous indignation

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

don't think.... and not sure this would make any difference....

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Meh. I'm pretty sure everyone plays nine games at home and nine games away.
Because everyone needs one.

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

Agreed... but does any other team play 7 at home in the first round ? and the question is why? if there is a good reason then fair play, but if it was just picked that way??

Moritaka Chisato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Moritaka Chisato »

Whites wrote:Agreed... but does any other team play 7 at home in the first round ? and the question is why? if there is a good reason then fair play, but if it was just picked that way??
In 2009 Fc Adelaide's division 6 side played all it's home games before completing any away matches.
Who picks up guide dog's poo?

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

No reason then, just picked that way. who does the draw?

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Whites wrote:No reason then, just picked that way. who does the draw?
No reason anyone on here could be bothered giving to you.
I'd assume it's at the request of the club (for ground unavailability - clashes of use or scheduled maintenance), rather than just assume that SAASL has randomly decided to alter the program it uses to produce the draw.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

otto62 wrote:
Whites wrote:No reason then, just picked that way. who does the draw?
No reason anyone on here could be bothered giving to you.
I'd assume it's at the request of the club (for ground unavailability - clashes of use or scheduled maintenance), rather than just assume that SAASL has randomly decided to alter the program it uses to produce the draw.
I assumed it was a loaded question.

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

Few assumptions there Otto. maybe if it was for any of those reasons there would of been a reply from Uni?

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Whites wrote:Few assumptions there Otto. maybe if it was for any of those reasons there would of been a reply from Uni?
Why would there be a reply from Uni?

Don't the league take care of fixtures? Do you expect a response from the league?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

So it was just the league draw? Uni or other clubs did not request any changes?

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Whites wrote:So it was just the league draw? Uni or other clubs did not request any changes?
Why don't you ask the league? As I said they set the fixtures so they should be able to give you the answer that you seek to suit your agenda.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

No agenda, just a question with what I thought a simple answer? I don't really care just wondered...

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Whites wrote:No agenda, just a question with what I thought a simple answer? I don't really care just wondered...
I thought it was common knowledge.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
Whites wrote:No agenda, just a question with what I thought a simple answer? I don't really care just wondered...
I thought it was common knowledge.
:lol:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Riiiight. You don't care sooooo much that you've posted 7 times, including resurrecting the question when it died from lack of response.
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

As Pete said it is common knowledge, I just wanted it confirmed ? job done.

flashBLACK
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by flashBLACK »

There's no one reason, but a combination of:

Adelaide Uni ground availability and requests from other teams to play their home games on certain dates.

Given the clashes with AFL, wet weather closing pitches in August, it should work out well for the competition.

Penalty Rates
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Penalty Rates »

The division one table on the SAASL website is wrong.
I love bank holidays

Trunks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Trunks »

flashBLACK wrote:There's no one reason, but a combination of:

Adelaide Uni ground availability and requests from other teams to play their home games on certain dates.

Given the clashes with AFL, wet weather closing pitches in August, it should work out well for the competition.
Any game not played at your ground is a bonus for any team. Your pitch is too small and don't understand why they make it so narrow. Went to watch the Uni BOSA game today and it was played down near the old grandstand. No change rooms for BOSA and i get it's amateurs but fk me there were no faculties what so ever there today. Pretty poor I reckon for a division 1 club. Just saying.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Trunks wrote:

Any game not played at your ground is a bonus for any team. Your pitch is too small and don't understand why they make it so narrow. Went to watch the Uni BOSA game today and it was played down near the old grandstand. No change rooms for BOSA and i get it's amateurs but fk me there were no faculties what so ever there today. Pretty poor I reckon for a division 1 club. Just saying.
SAASL rules state if the home team can not provided changerooms for the opposition that the home team must offer the away team the right to use the changerooms.

Trunks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Trunks »

bloodypassit wrote:
Trunks wrote:

SAASL rules state if the home team can not provided changerooms for the opposition that the home team must offer the away team the right to use the changerooms.
Yeah well that definitely didn't happen today. Unsure if it was offered to them I doubt it was.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Trunks wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
Trunks wrote:
Yeah well that definitely didn't happen today. Unsure if it was offered to them I doubt it was.
Change rooms are definitely available. I'm sure bosa took advantage.

I'm sure your sentiments about the pitch aren't a reflection of bosa as they are always willing to play the game as it is due to the quality they possess and their integrity and sportsmanship. They are competitors and don't make excuses or whinge due to poor performance as it's not in their nature.