Sunday Results - Rd 1 (Sun 19th April)

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Sunday Results - Rd 1 (Sun 19th April)

Post by Irishglover »

Seaford v payenham

Bs seaford won 2-1. I reckon if the game went much longer payenham would have equalised

As payenham won 2-1. Same as above, seaford dominated at the end and were unlucky not to equalize.

Both games were scrappy and not much decent football on show. Both could really have gone either way.

Seaford Cs v northern wolves

Seaford won 8-1. Was only involved in the second half but seaford could have scored any number of goals. Completely dominant and wasted alot of chances. Wolves were a great bunch though and game played in really good spirits

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

Knight15 as a mutual watcher, he was poor but poor for both sides, your goal keeper fully deserved his red then when given it swung for the ref.. Sure as a club you are proud of that? The guy who did ref isn't the best ref but he put his hand up and doesn't get paid so next time you whinge why not put your hand up to ref instead

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Knight15 wrote:
Arsenal Forever wrote:
Knight15 wrote:Yeah I get that 7 big decisions he got wrong is no accident
Keep on crying son
Fair play to your player who apologised after the game as a club if your proud of that performance then knock yourself out

Great that you guarantee a good ref on the return leg, cheers.
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Pearsey05
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Pearsey05 »

Div 4

Para Hills Lions 7 Mawson Lakes 2

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Jonesy5 wrote:Knight15 as a mutual watcher, he was poor but poor for both sides, your goal keeper fully deserved his red then when given it swung for the ref.. Sure as a club you are proud of that? The guy who did ref isn't the best ref but he put his hand up and doesn't get paid so next time you whinge why not put your hand up to ref instead
Mutual supporter lol

No-one hit the referee as bad as he was and the A grade referee told us when our forward was through one on one on goal and brought down that it was an obvious penalty and send off but perhaps unlike you he wasn't mutual

Anyway I get they have a shortage of referees and knew we were in for a hard day without one but hopefully they resolve this
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

What's the lol for? I did not say that he hit the referee I said swung which he did, just because you had a referee who was out of his depth reffing and making errors for both teams don't use it as an excuse and whinge... The a grade referee was just as bad as the b grade referee so don't know why your taking advice from him

penalty
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by penalty »

Unless SAASL gets tough with clubs providing a safe enviroment for match officials you will find more referees quitting. After refereeing Salisbury Villa last season and nothing has changed about their behaviour I decided my safety is more important than a game of football. Therefore decided not to come back this season.
There needs to be a big change at league headquarters for anything to happen.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

1) it's great that football is back. Took one round for the Warriors to be out lol ;)

2) in the interest of fairness: whoever the ref was today between Florina and Modburuy is one of the best going around I reckon. He's done a few of our games now and he's very good.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

penalty wrote:Unless SAASL gets tough with clubs providing a safe enviroment for match officials you will find more referees quitting. After refereeing Salisbury Villa last season and nothing has changed about their behaviour I decided my safety is more important than a game of football. Therefore decided not to come back this season.
There needs to be a big change at league headquarters for anything to happen.
Unfortunate...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

I thought the reserves referee between Munno para and Easties today was great. Absolutely made a couple of mistakes, but you're not going to get them all right. First team ref was a bit baffling at times, but you're always going to get that unfortunately.

sirstevieg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sirstevieg »

Fulham v Salisbury Inter
A's 0-0
B's 2-3
C's 3-3
O35's Jets 2 v Inter 5
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Para Hills West ( 1 ) Southern Knights ( 1 )
....................................... Tom Foglia

Reserves
Para Hills West ( 3 ) Southern Knights ( 2 )
....................................... Ben Jones, Iain Stewart

Thanks to Groomy and the people at Para Hills West for the hospitality and after game feed.
Best of luck for the rest of the season (except League Round 10 ).
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

Frank Costanza wrote:
the_gun wrote:Div 2

A's - Polonia 1 TTG 0
B's - Polonia 2 TTG 2
Great result today for our lads!

In the Bs it was a good battle and we managed a late equaliser which I think was deserved.

In the As it was a tight hard-fought battle and it took a moment of quality from our captain to grab the winner with about 20 to go! There were a few tense moments towards the end but our boys fought to the end to secure our first 3 points for the year!

Cheers to Gully for supporting the bar and to the players for coming in after the game for a feed.
All the best for the season and look forward to the return fixture
Well done Polonia. Good start to the season. Look forward to the next results

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

POLONIAROCS wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:
the_gun wrote:Div 2

A's - Polonia 1 TTG 0
B's - Polonia 2 TTG 2
Great result today for our lads!

In the Bs it was a good battle and we managed a late equaliser which I think was deserved.

In the As it was a tight hard-fought battle and it took a moment of quality from our captain to grab the winner with about 20 to go! There were a few tense moments towards the end but our boys fought to the end to secure our first 3 points for the year!

Cheers to Gully for supporting the bar and to the players for coming in after the game for a feed.
All the best for the season and look forward to the return fixture
Well done Polonia. Good start to the season. Look forward to the next results
Great start to the year !!!!! Come on you red and whites!!!!
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Must be a late night for SID and co at argana?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Hengelo the Great
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hengelo the Great »

ontheblackburner wrote:1) it's great that football is back. Took one round for the Warriors to be out lol ;)

2) in the interest of fairness: whoever the ref was today between Florina and Modburuy is one of the best going around I reckon. He's done a few of our games now and he's very good.
Yes the officiating today @ florina HQ was of good standards. Well done.
However what was the standout was the refereeing in the b's 2nd half. I thought I was watching luiz suarez blowing the whistle. He did a great job, talent wasted as a ref though, would prefer to watch him take on 10 players with his dazzling dribbling skills :)

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

As: Athelstone 8 Punjab Lions 2
Bs: Athelstone 4 Punjab Lions 1
Cs: Athelstone win by forfeit against Hahndorf

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getinthere »

Knight15 wrote:
Jonesy5 wrote:Knight15 as a mutual watcher, he was poor but poor for both sides, your goal keeper fully deserved his red then when given it swung for the ref.. Sure as a club you are proud of that? The guy who did ref isn't the best ref but he put his hand up and doesn't get paid so next time you whinge why not put your hand up to ref instead
Mutual supporter lol

No-one hit the referee as bad as he was and the A grade referee told us when our forward was through one on one on goal and brought down that it was an obvious penalty and send off but perhaps unlike you he wasn't mutual

Anyway I get they have a shortage of referees and knew we were in for a hard day without one but hopefully they resolve this

That is unbelievable that there was a mutual supporter at the ground.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Pearsey05 wrote:Div 4

Para Hills Lions 7 Mawson Lakes 2

I believe there was trouble in this game too. From what I'm hearing a head butt and swollen split eye socket

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

ManicD wrote:As: Athelstone 8 Punjab Lions 2
Bs: Athelstone 4 Punjab Lions 1
Cs: Athelstone win by forfeit against Hahndorf

Round one and a forfeit by Hahndorf? Considering they play Sunday and have two teams on that day surely they could have got 12 players, any reasons why?

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Relegated wrote:A's Downs 1 - Gardens 3
Just out of interest, what are the player changes for these 2 teams compared to last year?

Moritaka Chisato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Moritaka Chisato »

Some in, some out.
Who picks up guide dog's poo?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

seaford 1 payneham 2 good game

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Lost User wrote:A Farm 2 Grove 1
Good game, Grove went 1-0, Farm got on top and got the equaliser before half time,
Farm scored the winner with a header from a free kick, credit to Grove who will do well this year.

B Farm 2 Grove 2
A game ruined by an atrocious referee, the Grove linesman can also be proud for winning a point
Ruling out a clear goal with a cheating flag. Grove equalised with the very last kick of the game from
a penalty, which was never there

C Farm 8 Grove 0
One way traffic in this game, but at the same time a good one to watch. Big thanks to the Grove guys who (although there were a few tough challenges) didn't get out of hand after going quite a few down. Was a game played in good spirits and the better team won on the day.

Well done to Tan Nguyen on his finish and young Dillon Hooper for scoring his first amatuer goal.
HA'WAY THE LADS

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Jonesy5 wrote:What's the lol for? I did not say that he hit the referee I said swung which he did, just because you had a referee who was out of his depth reffing and making errors for both teams don't use it as an excuse and whinge... The a grade referee was just as bad as the b grade referee so don't know why your taking advice from him
Think the lol was because you might have meant 'neutral' rather than 'mutual' even though they both have similar meanings.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

What a fantastic start to the season winning away at Agro Park against the Downs
Quality football from start to finish. First half imo Gardens had the majority of play
and several shots on target with Ben A good in the air, until he was chipped by a free
kick. Deeza's halftime speech was not as vocal as the Farm incident but it was the
difference in the second half. Gardens troubled the keeper time & time again with the
Downs sending balls high & wide everytime they went forward.
The hospitality of the Downs is the best going round, the ladies in the canteen do an
amazing job feeding the masses.
Not sure how Motts worked out the best player for Gardens ? If it was his way of giving
John Stam a six pack well played but I don't think Anthony Stam touched the ball
much other than to retrieve the ball for the 100 goal kicks he took. I think Motts
as did I found it hard to single out just one player as they all played well.

Parafield Gardens 3
Elizabeth Downs 1
Every Rat has his day !!

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

ontheblackburner wrote:1) it's great that football is back. Took one round for the Warriors to be out lol ;)

Fred. He is the best, lets thing flow when needed and doesn't take bullshite
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Mr Football wrote:

Fred. He is the best, lets thing flow when needed and doesn't take bullshite
Admition :D
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni