Sunday div2

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Sunday div2

Post by East Boy »

Who will get promoted & relegated?
Sounds like vista & brahma have it in the bag for promotion!
Seriously though this div just gets tougher.
Who will be the flops this year? Are pirie going to be competitive? Have they even played preseason?
Can San Marco continue their decent results of last year?
Will gully get results against other top sides?
It's going to be another tight, tough, exciting year.

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Sunday div2

Post by I am Costanza »

Ridiculously hard league this year. Vista and Florina coming down will be tough, Savoy and Polonia might be a bit of an unknown at this level and every team that was in div 2 last year can string results together to keep it very entertaining!
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

And yes i'm very happy sitting here on my fence
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Pirie have recruited a known state league Goalscorer from the south plus a former west adelaide fed player on good coin

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

bloodypassit wrote:Pirie have recruited a known state league Goalscorer from the south plus a former west adelaide fed player on good coin
Our As dominated in a 4-1 win against Pirie on Sunday...but it is pre season...
Will be a great season no doubt, we have picked up some quality...
At least the rest of you can sample the legendary Polonia beers :D
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:Pirie have recruited a known state league Goalscorer from the south plus a former west adelaide fed player on good coin
Indeed. Quite a formidable duo for div 2 amateurs.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Hengelo the Great
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hengelo the Great »

If sporting betting was allowed in saasl comp :) you'd put ya $$ on brahma . Unlucky last year so will def be in promo position. Couple teams will fight up there also but too hard to see from now. All depends if squads are rich in depth & those that are will be up there. My top 3 - brahma, florina, grove & pirie as outside darkhorse. Looking fwd to an exciting year, gd luck to all.

1from1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 1from1 »

Hengelo the Great wrote:If sporting betting was allowed in saasl comp :) you'd put ya $$ on brahma . Unlucky last year so will def be in promo position. Couple teams will fight up there also but too hard to see from now. All depends if squads are rich in depth & those that are will be up there. My top 3 - brahma, florina, grove & pirie as outside darkhorse. Looking fwd to an exciting year, gd luck to all.
Grove aren't even in div 2 Ya clown, so I guess your prediction should be held in high regard

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

1from1 wrote:
Hengelo the Great wrote:If sporting betting was allowed in saasl comp :) you'd put ya $$ on brahma . Unlucky last year so will def be in promo position. Couple teams will fight up there also but too hard to see from now. All depends if squads are rich in depth & those that are will be up there. My top 3 - brahma, florina, grove & pirie as outside darkhorse. Looking fwd to an exciting year, gd luck to all.
Grove aren't even in div 2 Ya clown, so I guess your prediction should be held in high regard
haha

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

Vista and Brahma favorites easily with experienced players they have and 2 solid keepers... I'd put money on grove not to win a game in div 2 all year

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Who are these players you speak of BPI?
You may as well say as after round 1 it will be out.....
They are certainly (dare I say it) throwing around some coin up there!

I think it will be similar to all the other years of Div 2.
You'll have a tight 6 teams up near the top, 2-3 will drift away at the bottom.
I cant see anyone running away with it. All teams can take points off each other.

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

Brahma florina gullies easties and vista all going to be very tight up top i think

sometalent
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sometalent »

Jonesy5 wrote:Vista and Brahma favorites easily with experienced players they have and 2 solid keepers... I'd put money on grove not to win a game in div 2 all year

I reckon you've got that bet in the bag Jonesy m8, considering they got promoted last year. Ah derrrp!
Can't see anyone getting within 5 games of Brahma Lodge. With the squad they've assembled, if they keep everyone happy, they'll go through the season undefeated. Yep, I've called it.

davoice
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by davoice »

^^ agree they will be undefeated all year and I also think that they will win the cup.
Got some great talent and great club support.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

sometalent wrote:
Jonesy5 wrote:Vista and Brahma favorites easily with experienced players they have and 2 solid keepers... I'd put money on grove not to win a game in div 2 all year

I reckon you've got that bet in the bag Jonesy m8, considering they got promoted last year. Ah derrrp!
Can't see anyone getting within 5 games of Brahma Lodge. With the squad they've assembled, if they keep everyone happy, they'll go through the season undefeated. Yep, I've called it.
You think he didn't know that? It's stated a few posts above...

You know jokes?

sometalent
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sometalent »

Lel ^

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Maybe I'm a realist or just plain silly, but it's 11v11 & on any given day any team can win.
I know moggy will be keeping a lid on it at brahma.
We'rent they favorites last year as well? I know they've got a really talented squad again this year, but they are the hunted this year.

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

Glad to see some people realised I was making a joke from the post above mine haha

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

quality teams all of them - the teams winning promotion will thoroughly deserve it in such a tough div. however two have to be relegated also. you would think macedonia & munno para, to hazard a guess at an early stage. any team will be unlucky to go down with such quality teams amongst the div
Im closer than you think

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

East Boy wrote:Maybe I'm a realist or just plain silly, but it's 11v11 & on any given day any team can win.
I know moggy will be keeping a lid on it at brahma.
We'rent they favorites last year as well? I know they've got a really talented squad again this year, but they are the hunted this year.
From memory Gully were favourites last year, or at least that is what they were telling everyone :)

Round one can't come quick enough!
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Jonesy5 wrote:Glad to see some people realised I was making a joke from the post above mine haha
...but you disguised it so well :wink:

Hengelo the Great
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hengelo the Great »

Vista09 wrote:
1from1 wrote:
haha
Sorry guys my f^*k up guess i'll never work on sbs or fox :) ...

kangakings
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by kangakings »

Pirie signed 3 Seaford players Zac Elliot, Dayle Anderson & Caitan Cree

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

kangakings wrote:Pirie signed 3 Seaford players Zac Elliot, Dayle Anderson & Caitan Cree
Gee, they could have gone just down the road to possibly play Sunday Premier Division :shock: :(
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

swannsong wrote:
kangakings wrote:Pirie signed 3 Seaford players Zac Elliot, Dayle Anderson & Caitan Cree
Gee, they could have gone just down the road to possibly play Sunday Premier Division :shock: :(
Southern knights aren't silly enough to to throw the coin they will get playing up there.
I'm assuming these are young lads, cos anyone else wouldn't be bothered travelling all that way every second week. thats your entire sunday gone. But again the coin they are throwing around might be worth it for these guys.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

East Boy wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Southern knights aren't silly enough to to throw the coin they will get playing up there.
I'm assuming these are young lads, cos anyone else wouldn't be bothered travelling all that way every second week. thats your entire sunday gone. But again the coin they are throwing around might be worth it for these guys.
Savoy bloke did mention they also lost a few ....
I didn't see De Ruvo, salvemini or that tall fella Rhys that was always a gun for them...
Either way hope they do well with us and the trip to Pirie will be a highlight...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sounds like a decent "drinking" league! Might try and get to a few games this season. :wink:
Ignore this signature

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

drinking :lol:

De Ruvo is playing for comets in the NPL
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Bomber wrote:Sounds like a decent "drinking" league! Might try and get to a few games this season. :wink:
Our coaching panel alone should win the league by a mile :lol:

moonshine3
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by moonshine3 »

I watched brahma today, If brahma don't win the league by 10 pts easily then maybe something is wrong there,,because they should've got promoted last year!
Last edited by moonshine3 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.