Modbury Jets AFC 2015 Preseason

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BennyChal
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Modbury Jets AFC 2015 Preseason

Post by BennyChal »

After a very successful return to Saturday Division 1 in 2014 it's time to get the boots back on and prepare for another successful season in 2015 for the Modbury Jets Amateur Football Club.

It is with great pleasure the club announces the return of Lenny Vella as the reserve team coach while Matthew Hawkes will join the coaching staff as C team coach for the season ahead. Ben Challinor and Dave Mogg will return as first team coaches for the 2015 season.

Preseason training will commence on Tuesday 10th February 2014, arrive at 6.30pm for a 6.45pm start and continue every Tuesday and Thursday thereafter. Preseason will be conducted at Ladywood Reserve on the corner of Ladywood Road and Milne Road, Modbury. We wish to extend the invitation to attend preseason training with the Modbury Jets to all new and existing players, new players are strongly encouraged to contact Ben Challinor on 0411 732 665. All players are required to bring boots, runners and water bottles to training.

On Thursday 5th February there will be a meet and greet night at the club commencing at 6.30pm with a friendly game followed by a BBQ dinner and an introduction of the coaching staff, once again all current and new players, as well as any other interested parties are strongly encouraged to attend.

Preparations are already well under way and we have a number of exciting preseason trial games arranged as follows:

Sunday 22nd Feb 15 - Para Hills West -v- Modbury Jets AFC (Away)

Saturday 28th Feb 15 - Modbury Jets AFC -v- Gleeson (Home)

Saturday 7 Mar 15 - Brahma Lodge Soccer Club -v- Modbury Jets AFC (Away)

Saturday 14 Mar 15 -Modbury Jets AFC -v- Elizabeth Grove (Home)

Saturday 28 Mar 15 - Modbury Jets AFC -v- Para Hills East (Home)

We are also looking to hold an additional preseason game at Ladywood Reserve on Saturday 11 April - any interested parties please contact Ben on 0411732665

We would also like to take this opportunity to wish all teams throughout the divisions all the very best for the 2015 season.

Cheers

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Modbury Jets AFC 2015 Preseason

Post by Black_Panther »

Geezer Hawkesy as Gaffer, does he get a club sheepskin coat as part of his uniform now?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

All that supposed worldly football knowledge, and Hawksey finally gets a gig coaching C's. Looking forward to some FN feedback on the training sessions (outside of the bar).
Congratulations and good luck to the Jets, especially the C's! :wink:
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:All that supposed worldly football knowledge, and Hawksey finally gets a gig coaching C's. Looking forward to some FN feedback on the training sessions (outside of the bar).
player/coach surely?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Black_Panther wrote:
Bomber wrote:All that supposed worldly football knowledge, and Hawksey finally gets a gig coaching C's. Looking forward to some FN feedback on the training sessions (outside of the bar).
player/coach surely?
If so, the others will be doing the laps, he'll just stay up front and drop any player that doesn't lay it on a platter for him in the 6 yard box.
Ignore this signature

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Does that mean he turned down the U12 gig at their cross town rivals?
Time for some righteous indignation

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

U11

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Rivals?

BennyChal
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BennyChal »

Thanks to Munno Para for approaching us to arrange a preseason friendly on the 11th April 2015. This fixture has now been locked in and Modbury Jets AFC will play Munno Para at home (Ladywood Reserve) on Saturday 11th April 2015. Looking forward to a good afternoon of soccer there with all three teams (A,B & Cs) set to play.

That rounds out what looks to be a very competitive set of preseason fixtures - big thanks to all the clubs and coaches who worked with us to arrange these matches.

Cheers