SAASL HJ Templin Preseason Cup 2015

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Nulli Secundus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: SAASL HJ Templin Preseason Cup 2015

Post by Nulli Secundus »

The EDSC congratulates Ingle Farm and Seaford on making the Templin Cup Final.
The EDSC are humbled and proud to be hosts this Friday at Argana Park.
We invite all SAASL supporters to Argana this Friday to watch the Final.
7pm: Templin Cup Final
Ingle Farm SC vs Seaford SC
9pm: Free dinner for both teams and team management.
9.15: Presentation of Templin Cup by Mick Gallagher and SAASL.
Full bar and canteen facilities from 6pm.

Farpost
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Farpost »

Black_Panther wrote:Seaford players are going to have to take the Friday off work.

That's certainly a long treck for them.
Treat it as a learning exercise. If Seaford have any expectations of reaching the upper reaches of the league, then the road north to Elizabeth, Salisbury, Para Hills, etc will become well worn. It's not that far - only a couple of stubbies past the Gepps Cross Hotel.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Farpost wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:Seaford players are going to have to take the Friday off work.

That's certainly a long treck for them.
Treat it as a learning exercise. If Seaford have any expectations of reaching the upper reaches of the league, then the road north to Elizabeth, Salisbury, Para Hills, etc will become well worn. It's not that far - only a couple of stubbies past the Gepps Cross Hotel.
Indeed....
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

argus tuft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by argus tuft »

Why is this game being held at the Downs ? Surely the organisers knew that the Final would be between a northern team and a southern team. A central venue should have been pre-arranged.

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

argus tuft wrote:Why is this game being held at the Downs ? Surely the organisers knew that the Final would be between a northern team and a southern team. A central venue should have been pre-arranged.
Come to Argana Park on Friday watch the game look at the facilities introduce yourself to Lefty and organise the competition next year!

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getinthere »

argus tuft wrote:Why is this game being held at the Downs ? Surely the organisers knew that the Final would be between a northern team and a southern team. A central venue should have been pre-arranged.
Thats a bit presumptious. If Pumas had beat Seaford then it would be 2 northern teams.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

next year maybe the final will be held down south or central, then if two non-southern teams get in, should they whinge and b!tch or just go and play the game knowing that was already set in place to be at that particular venue.

:clown:
Im closer than you think

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

StDidNot wrote:
next year maybe the final will be held down south or central, then if two non-southern teams get in, should they whinge and b!tch or just go and play the game knowing that was already set in place to be at that particular venue.

:clown:
Given a lot of the Northern Teams don't want to travel to Grange because it's too far, this will probably happen.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

LRO wrote:
Come to Argana Park on Friday watch the game look at the facilities introduce yourself to Lefty and organise the competition next year!
Exactly right. Quit your bellyaching.

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

FFS what is it with you :clown: 's.

Instead of whinging about it, get off your fat muscat and get in touch with Lefty and volunteer to do all the f***ing leg work yourself next year. The guy deserves the upmost praise for the tireless (and obviously thankless) work he does for the good of the game, only to have lazy dicks like you sit on the sideline whinging about everything. Go on I dare you - put your money where your whining mouth is and give the guy a break next year. I'm sure when you have done all the work he won't be whinging to you about where the games are played. :clown: :clown: :clown:

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

well said

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

shouldent all finals be played at hindmarsh then. :?: just asking. 8)

argus tuft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by argus tuft »

Sorry I have upset a few people. As an outsider looking in I just thought it was a bit strange. My apologies to all concerned and keep up the good work you obviously do.

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Templin cup final

Ingle farm won 5-0. While i think the scoreline flattered slightly farm were definitely the better side and deserved the win. We didn't really create any chances and our keeper was our best player.

Cheers to downs for hosting and for all involved in organising. Everything ran great throughout. Maybe next year we can go 1 better!

jim.mcguinness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jim.mcguinness »

Congratulations to Farm on the win and Seaford in making the final , well done to all the organisers of this event , was a good pre-season hit out with plenty of games , good luck for the season ahead from Jim and the Southern Knights .

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Congratulations to Simmo & the Farm boys on winning the Templin Cup 5-0 at Argana Park (hopefully it becomes a happy hunting ground during the season). Commiserations to Seaford a great bunch of lads who were outplayed by a classy Farm but did well to get to the final. Thanks also to Knobby & The Downs for their hospitality in hosting the final & all other hosts throughout the competition.

Man of the Match for the final was Ben White #8 from Ingle Farm.

Goalscorers - (IF) 2 Ben White, Jarrod Noel, Mustafa, Matt Cocks

All the best for the League Season.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry