PRESEASON CUP COMPETITION 2015

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PRESEASON CUP COMPETITION 2015

Post by lefty »

A number of clubs expressed a keen interest earlier this year to participate in a well organised & structured preseason competition & unfortunately there wasn't enough time to get things going. A number of amateur clubs have existing competitions that they run between fellow clubs & have done successfully for many years ie Playford Cup, City of Salisbury Cup & Southern Cup amongst others.

In the coming weeks I intend to meet with SAASL Management to discuss a proposal to re-establish the HJ Templin Cup with their support in the following format.

Four zones made up of Outer North (Playford Cup), Inner North (Salisbury Cup), South (Southern Cup) & Central.

Each of the zones can have 4, 6 or 8 teams & will playoff in their respective preliminary rounds & finals to determine a winner of that zone. Following that the four winning teams will play a final series over two weekends to determine a winner of the HJ Templin Cup. The venues for the competition will be determined but its expected that clubs will be given an opportunity to host the event on a rotation basis as currently stands with existing competitions & the HJ Templin Final Series host to be determined by SAASL.

Proposed dates of the competition will be preliminary rounds & zone finals to be completed by Sunday 1 March 2015 with HJ Templin semi finals series on weekend of 7-8 March 2015 & the Grand Final can either be the following weekend/midweek or together with Cichanowski Shield if no conflict of teams. Easter weekend is 5-6 April so Id imagine Round 1 will be 12-13 April 2015.

I will be in contact with the respective existing competition organisers to confirm their interest & in the meantime if any clubs would like to express their interest in participating (especially central zone) please send me a PM & I will contact you. Preference of course will be given to clubs in higher divisions.

If any one has any suggestions please feel free to post them or send me a PM.

Cheers
Lefty
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: PRESEASON CUP COMPETITION 2015

Post by LRO »

I (not my club) prefer to just organise my own trial games, you get to play who you want when you want, never liked playing Div 1 teams in pre season and liked to mix it up and play games when it suited our club and players.

Saying that last year it was very hot during most of the competition so maybe playing at night? But that narrows down the amount of teams and games.

Def not knocking lefty, just have different ideas for pre season, I'm sure most clubs/senior coaches would.

Prince1997
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Prince1997 »

I think most clubs would back the idea and get involved.
Those who have been in the Amateur League long enough will remember the great Templin Cup Finals of the past.
Some fear competition, others embraced it

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

could work, we plan on running a 5 a side street soccer comp with cash prizes on the 8th of march though.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

where?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

so why did the templin cup stop in the first place. :?: mustve been a reason. :!:

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

THE ORAKLE wrote:so why did the templin cup stop in the first place. :?: mustve been a reason. :!:
The Templin Cup wasnt held from 1987 then a couple of years ago the SAASL got it going again following requests from clubs for a preseason comp. These things are difficult to organise & rely on clubs supporting it but more importantly it has to be well organised & something clubs & players want to be involved with.

A number of clubs for several years have been successfully running their own preseason comps which probably contributed to the Templin Cup being stopped again a couple of years ago.

I have spoken with the SAASL about running the Templin Cup with the existing club run preseason comps & include another group in a central zone with all 4 group winners then playing off in finals which they support in principle. I have spoken with the existing comp organisers & they also support the concept.

At present I am confident we have enough teams to run a Central Zone comp but if any other club would like to be involved I suggest you contact me on 0411 858 488 ASAP as I am about to commence setting up the fixtures. Once completed I will be presenting it to the SAASL for final approval.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

I agree with LRO here.
Might as well just make the season a longer one and play each other 3 times if you're
Gonna take part in the pre season cups
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Any updates Lefty?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

redfred wrote:Any updates Lefty?
I can confirm the SAASL Preseason Cup will go ahead in 2015. Qualification for the HJ Templin Cup Final Series will be from winners from each of the respective Zone Preseason Cups being Southern vs Central & Inner North (former Salisbury Mayors Cup) vs Outer North (Playford Cup).

The clubs participating are as follows;
OUTER NORTH - Elizabeth Downs, Elizabeth Vale, Elizabeth Grove & Angle Vale.
INNER NORTH - Parafield Gardens, Salisbury Inter, Ingle Farm, Para Hills East, Brahma Lodge, Modbury Vista, Salisbury Florina & Tea Tree Gully.
CENTRAL - Adelaide Pumas, BOSA, St Peters & Fulham United
SOUTHERN - 6 or 8 teams TBC (Bloodypassit?)

All HJ Templin finals series games will be played during late March or early April at a venue & date to be determined by SAASL with a preference of weeknight games at an SAASL club venue that will provide the necessary atmosphere & facilities to showcase the event.

I am in the process of finalising fixtures & venues for the Inner North & Central Zone Cups & will post them once completed next week. I am sure the organisers of the Southern & Playford Cups will also provide their fixtures in due course.

Thanks to all the Competition organisers & clubs that expressed their interest especially those who have registered for the 2015 Preseason Cup Competition that will no doubt be well supported & continue to grow in coming years under this format.

Happy New Year to all.

Lefty

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

lefty wrote:
I can confirm the SAASL Preseason Cup will go ahead in 2015. Qualification for the HJ Templin Cup Final Series will be from winners from each of the respective Zone Preseason Cups being Southern vs Central & Inner North (former Salisbury Mayors Cup) vs Outer North (Playford Cup).

INNER NORTH - Parafield Gardens, Salisbury Inter, Ingle Farm, Para Hills East, Brahma Lodge, Modbury Vista, Salisbury Florina & Tea Tree Gully.

All HJ Templin finals series games will be played during late March or early April at a venue & date to be determined by SAASL with a preference of weeknight games at an SAASL club venue that will provide the necessary atmosphere & facilities to showcase the event.

I am in the process of finalising fixtures & venues for the Inner North & Central Zone Cups & will post them once completed next week. I am sure the organisers of the Southern & Playford Cups will also provide their fixtures in due course.

Thanks to all the Competition organisers & clubs that expressed their interest especially those who have registered for the 2015 Preseason Cup Competition that will no doubt be well supported & continue to grow in coming years under this format.

Happy New Year to all.

Lefty
Are you sure this team is in?

moonshine3
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by moonshine3 »

NO THEY ARE NOT

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

moonshine3 wrote:NO THEY ARE NOT
Why not don't tell me Poltester Puds has pulled the pin on the Bungers being in the a Playford Cup. Maybe it is a bit hot and itchy for the Polyester at that time of year...
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Southern Cup

Begins Feb 15

GROUP 1
Seaford
South Coast
Plympton
McLaren Districts

GROUP 2
Southern Knights
Aldinga
Cove
Noarlunga

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

LRO wrote:
lefty wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

Lefty
Are you sure this team is in?
Are you sure they are not.?? I Think your source is on the Sauce..!!
Every Rat has his day !!

YO DABBA DABBA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by YO DABBA DABBA »

legga wrote:
moonshine3 wrote:NO THEY ARE NOT
Why not don't tell me Poltester Puds has pulled the pin on the Bungers being in the a Playford Cup. Maybe it is a bit hot and itchy for the Polyester at that time of year...
Maybe time for Munno Para to be included again? I know they have been keen the past two years to re-enter the Playford Cup comp but the organisers wanted to keep it at 4 teams.
Remember kiddies, after you wee, you dab...

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Are you sure they are not.?? I Think your source is on the Sauce..!![/quote]

You dirty rat! What are you trying to say LRO is making up rumours about clubs he has naff all to do with? - That's not very nice if true.